ADVERTISEMENT

Does RU do anything similar to Oregon's Garage Sale?

S_Janowski

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 24, 2009
Marlton, NJ
Oregon opened up a huge garage sale of game used equipment and various clothing at their spring game with season ticket holders getting first crack at the gear. Ohio State did this as well. I'm not aware of anything like this happening here but maybe I just missed the news.

Originally posted by S_Janowski:
Oregon opened up a huge garage sale of game used equipment and various clothing at their spring game with season ticket holders getting first crack at the gear. Ohio State did this as well. I'm not aware of anything like this happening here but maybe I just missed the news.
yes every year they have auctions

It was a disaster at OSU. Not because of the fans but because of those who were buying up stuff to re-sell. They were the first ones in line because they have no life, and bought up all the stuff people would want. There was even a story of a guy trying to sell one of the game jersey' she purchased while still in the store, at three times the price.

Definitely should have put some limitations on the sale.

RU did something like that at last summers Open Practice.
They also brought out several boxes of gear before last year's spring game. Several boxes out in front of the main entrance gate that fans could pillage through and some really good bargains.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT