ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Harper Update

1 - Great high school players do not adjust their defense to the level of the competition.
2- Dylan is not going from playing little defense to becoming a good defender in one year.
3. He played virtually no defense vs. Camden and it was a close game throughout as I remember.
Dylan will have no issues as a man defender at the college level. By the end of his freshman year he will be locking players down.

I think there is a disconnect between fans that are not used to playing more up tempo basketball, more possessions and more depth playing from players 1 to 10

When fans have not seen that type of style of play, they immediately try and imagine how a player like Dylan Harper are going to play half-court offensive sets and lock down defense and games in the high 50s or low 60s in scoring......those types of games and players who are better suited that way, are gone from the program.

We have Woolfolk down 20 pounds from last fall and guards brought into the program, pushing the tempo, to get shots up quickly and find shooting for Gavin Griffiths.

Dylan is going to electrify the entire tri-state area when he hits the RAC. And there is a chance that in November and December of 2024, that RU looks shaky, stumbles a bit and doesn't play to a 1 to 4 seed......but the goal is to improve as the freshman seasons move forward so, this team is better, deeper and experienced in February and March. I would rather let Dylan Harper, Ace Bailey, Sommerville, Dylan Grant, Bryce Dortch all learn together and grow together, even if we lose 3 extra regular season games, vs playing someone else or sacrificing minutes to players that can't play up tempo.

If players struggle in 2023-24 playing up tempo, they better improve or they'll get run off the court in 2024-25. I fully expect to be better in the backcourt with Williams, Williams, Davis, Fernandes and Simpson with Gavin shooting 14 to 16 shots a game, to prepare for 2024-25 success. Moves back in the spring to shed players were made for 2023-24 and 2024-25 in mind.

I think there is a disconnect between fans that are not used to playing more up tempo basketball, more possessions and more depth playing from players 1 to 10

When fans have not seen that type of style of play, they immediately try and imagine how a player like Dylan Harper are going to play half-court offensive sets and lock down defense and games in the high 50s or low 60s in scoring......those types of games and players who are better suited that way, are gone from the program.

We have Woolfolk down 20 pounds from last fall and guards brought into the program, pushing the tempo, to get shots up quickly and find shooting for Gavin Griffiths.

Dylan is going to electrify the entire tri-state area when he hits the RAC. And there is a chance that in November and December of 2024, that RU looks shaky, stumbles a bit and doesn't play to a 1 to 4 seed......but the goal is to improve as the freshman seasons move forward so, this team is better, deeper and experienced in February and March. I would rather let Dylan Harper, Ace Bailey, Sommerville, Dylan Grant, Bryce Dortch all learn together and grow together, even if we lose 3 extra regular season games, vs playing someone else or sacrificing minutes to players that can't play up tempo.

If players struggle in 2023-24 playing up tempo, they better improve or they'll get run off the court in 2024-25. I fully expect to be better in the backcourt with Williams, Williams, Davis, Fernandes and Simpson with Gavin shooting 14 to 16 shots a game, to prepare for 2024-25 success. Moves back in the spring to shed players were made for 2023-24 and 2024-25 in mind.
So, are we getting Dylan or not? :)

Tickets are already almost impossible to get for this season. If Dylan decides to join us in 2024-25 it will be even more impossible to get seats. I am so happy for all of us loyal fans who have been season ticket holders for many many years. We deserve to see so much attention brought to RU after we have suffered for many years but still 100% supported our team. It could be a real wild ride.

Tickets are already almost impossible to get for this season. If Dylan decides to join us in 2024-25 it will be even more impossible to get seats. I am so happy for all of us loyal fans who have been season ticket holders for many many years. We deserve to see so much attention brought to RU after we have suffered for many years but still 100% supported our team. It could be a real wild ride.
What do you mean impossible?
There are sites that sell tickets

Plenty of good tickets available on Stubhub.

Reactions: Bobbynieds
Translation

We’re sorting out the NIL situation
Driving up his NIL may have little to do with us. The more people talk about him and what he may or may not do may increase his visibility and value as a spokesperson.

I’m guessing pretty decent chance he will commit, or they will announce his silent commitment during the visit.

I’m guessing pretty decent chance he will commit, or they will announce his silent commitment during the visit.
The next signing date for 2024 recruits occurs during November.Harper's senior season with Don Bosco will start soon after the signing date.He won't have time to make official visits to other schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT