ADVERTISEMENT

Eli Carter Transfer Destination

Thanks Eli for originally choosing RU as the school you want to attend and play for, but you decided to transfer out instead of helping make RU MBB better on the court and be more respected off of it.
It was your choice and I accept you had a good reason to leave, but you also could have stayed and used your bad experience to help
in making the RU MBB a program everyone involved with it could be proud of and decided not to.
That was your choice, mine is: wish you an injury free ending of your collegiate basketball career and hope you use your graduate year to advance your education in order to have a successful career if basketball dreams end after this season .
As for how you do on the court for BC : I really don't care , except hope it's an injury free one.

Interested to see just how healthy he is. Was sad to see him be relegated to relative nothingness for his Florida tenure.

The injury really took away any significant consistency from Carter's game. He was a willing defender when motivated and although I believe he peaked physically as a soph here at RU, it's difficult to see him regaining that form anytime soon.

BC has now landed Aaron Brown and Eli Carter as immediate plug-in 5th year starters at SG in consecutive recruiting classes. I haven't followed BC hoops close enough to see what other pieces that they have, but it's crystal clear that on the radar of either major sport, they received a lifeline in the having Cuse, Pitt and now some others back on their schedule.

If Carter is healthy and plays well this year he will probably have a long and prosperous career playing overseas.

Maybe him and Myles Mack will reunite in the same back-court somewhere in Europe.

Hard to imagine that Boston College has a graduate program that Carter signed up for that a huge university like the University of Florida wouldn't offer. And yes I checked, the University of Florida has a Religion Dept that offers graduate programs. Does the NCAA check that these "graduate" transfers are legit in any way, or is it a rubberstamp/wink-wink/anything goes thing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Local Shill
Hard to imagine that Boston College has a graduate program that Carter signed up for that a huge university like the University of Florida wouldn't offer. And yes I checked, the University of Florida has a Religion Dept that offers graduate programs. Does the NCAA check that these "graduate" transfers are legit in any way, or is it a rubberstamp/wink-wink/anything goes thing?

I am now retired but I taught at UF most of my career. I assure you the "Religion Dept" is a bone fide dept.

I am now retired but I taught at UF most of my career. I assure you the "Religion Dept" is a bone fide dept.

I didn't read that as Twister questioning the religion dept. at Florida as non-legit, but rather the argument that he was going to BC because Fla didn't offer what he wanted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT