ADVERTISEMENT

Emblematic of the mindset of this message board

WGLTAUD

Junior
Mar 28, 2006
Out of the 3 most recent threads posted, we have 2 posts about players/coaches who aren't here anymore, and complaining about the Knicks.

I haven't seen a comment or update on a prospective recruit, opponents, or current practices of the incoming players in weeks.

tumblr_m8rlfchdnE1rysd9ko1_500.gif

The schedule hasn't been posted, the team workouts are minimal and not open to the public or media, and the most important active recruit name is Parker, who we are waiting on a choice from...

Really not sure what you want in the first week of July that could be considered "news"...

RU has had it's share of drama in recent years and this means we are starting to settle into a more normal phase for a program at this time of year. Parker's potential next moves and eventual decision will frame a lot of what happens in the next couple of weeks, but keep in mind the summer circuit is about to heat up and I'd expect some other names to potentially surface around the country that are on the way up in the future rankings.

Once Freeman arrives on campus and Parker's decision is in, that should help make a RU hoops summer a good one.

RU has had it's share of drama in recent years and this means we are starting to settle into a more normal phase for a program at this time of year. Parker's potential next moves and eventual decision will frame a lot of what happens in the next couple of weeks, but keep in mind the summer circuit is about to heat up and I'd expect some other names to potentially surface around the country that are on the way up in the future rankings.

Once Freeman arrives on campus and Parker's decision is in, that should help make a RU hoops summer a good one.

Don't think the complaints will stop and complaining about everything and nothing is normal for this board.
Once Freeman arrives, someone will find fault with his game after his first practice ( maybe before it) !

Imagine if you were to consider the mindset of the ordinary sports fan in NJ toward RU basketball.

What you see here are the battered few. What you see at the RAC, save a few games a year against big name teams, is the scattered presence of what remains of those battered few, a group that is aging, less avid and constantly being withered away by what is now almost 25 years of way too much bad basketball.

You should be praising the people on this board for participating at all. The are the best of what's left, and there ain't much left.

Imagine if you were to consider the mindset of the ordinary sports fan in NJ toward RU basketball.

What you see here are the battered few. What you see at the RAC, save a few games a year against big name teams, is the scattered presence of what remains of those battered few, a group that is aging, less avid and constantly being withered away by what is now almost 25 years of way too much bad basketball.

You should be praising the people on this board for participating at all. The are the best of what's left, and there ain't much left.
wow...well put

earlier this year this board went all but SILENT for weeks

AT

Praise for caring, but no praise for complaining about anything and everything.
There are issues surrounding RU MBB that deserve complaints, but too ofter I have seen
a move , coach or player deserve being praised like a thread is doing, only to see negativity put in that thread
about the subject or a different issue.
Tjhe battered few deserve fleeting moments of pride when something good, without it being torn down because someone looks for fault and post that fault any and every opportunity and even the threads that are meant to praise..

Don't think the complaints will stop and complaining about everything and nothing is normal for this board.
Once Freeman arrives, someone will find fault with his game after his first practice ( maybe before it) !

Good point MADHAT1. BTW do you have any video of Freeman's game that you can link ? I have some time and am willing to offer my professional opinion to the board about the strengths and weaknesses of his game. [banana]

Out of the 3 most recent threads posted, we have 2 posts about players/coaches who aren't here anymore, and complaining about the Knicks.

I haven't seen a comment or update on a prospective recruit, opponents, or current practices of the incoming players in weeks.

This board, long ago, has also been know as community for Rutgers fans to post whatever is on your mind. You are pissing in the wind if you are trying to change this. Some posts I want to read, some I don't. I would never want to squash intelligent people from posting questions or thoughts they have on things going on in the world. THe OT threads are fine for me. We get reviews, Beer reviews, travel tips, recipes, grilling tips, golf course reviews, restaurant reviews, etc., and great discussions on current events. I don't see the harm in this.

By all means if anybody wants to post info or questions on Rutgers sports, please do so. This is the main purpose of the board. I wish I had some info, I would be happy to post it.

Its only a matter of weeks before camp and you will get all the news you can handle. Don't Fret.

Good point MADHAT1. BTW do you have any video of Freeman's game that you can link ? I have some time and am willing to offer my professional opinion to the board about the strengths and weaknesses of his game. [banana]
Thanks for the offer, but some might have heard enough of your opinions.
But since you asked nicely enjoy:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT