ADVERTISEMENT

Erica gets a TC with Atlanta

RULIB FAN

Redshirt
Jan 26, 2011
Atlanta Dream signed Erica Wheeler to a training camp contract. She joins Mattee. Unfortunately, Mo's training camp experience has come to an end with Atlanta.

Great news! Thanks for the update.

http://www.foxsports.com/south/story/atlanta-dream-announce-opening-night-roster-060415

The three newcomers on the squad include one long-time veteran and a pair of rookies. Eleventh-year guard Roneeka Hodges was the team's lone free agent acquisition after starting all 34 games for Tulsa a year ago.

Guard Samantha Logic was the team's first-round draft pick (No. 10 overall) in the April draft, while guard Erica Wheeler made the team after not even starting training camp as part of the roster.

Great news for Erica! She will help since Boyd went down. I feel sorry for Matee though...she has so much talent...unfortunately she has been on teams with bad chemistry such as Wash and Atl. If she were available...which she is not...I would LOVE to see her run the point for the Liberty. With Piph as scoring guard...and Wiggins and Sugar off the bench....WOW. but I'm very happy for Erica. Go Liberty!

Reactions: RUfanDNT
Yup, it was confirmed on last nights telecast that Wheeler is coming to the Liberty this week joining Piph, and Essence. Add in Swin, Stokes, and Charles, and it's starting to look like a RU/UConn team. Add in Maya, Renee M., and whomever I am forgetting on Minny and it was a virtual reunion of sorts.
Liberty clinched 1st place in the East!
Next game for E,E, and E is Wednesday from MSG, and on MSG.

ADVERTISEMENT