ADVERTISEMENT

Essy Davis

knightfan2000

Senior
Dec 14, 2005
I think she deserves her own thread...she has just played amazing defense this year! I'm so rooting for her to pass Tasha Pointer for the all time steals record - and I'm sure Tasha would too. She will be very key to our success the rest of the way. Great job Essy and keep up the good work!!

This post was edited on 2/18 8:22 PM by knightfan2000

This post was edited on 2/18 9:49 PM by knightfan2000

Re: Essie Davis

+1

Seeing Essy running around out there making play after play is so much fun. Someone said it in another thread. If she's not the B1G Defensive Player of the Year, there is a conspiracy.

Who was the last Knight to be a conference defensive P.O.Y.? Was it Chelsea?

Originally posted by Turtle31:
Who was the last Knight to be a conference defensive P.O.Y.? Was it Chelsea?
I think it was Essence (after Chelsea). Essence to Syessence. :-)

If it is the coaches who vote, their recurring nightmares will undoubtedly convince them to give it to that pest from Rutgers!

She is just so much fun to watch The energizer bunny and the glue that keeps it all together.

If she doesn't make defensive player of the year, we should call for a national investigation

Go Essy Go

Great thread! She's learning from the best. And she made a huge improvement this year over last. Another important piece of the puzzle....

And to think we were picked to finish 8th. Of course it doesn't matter but shows the lack of respect initially by the other coaches. How do they like us now?

Originally posted by mighty_knights:
Great thread! She's learning from the best. And she made a huge improvement this year over last. Another important piece of the puzzle....

And to think we were picked to finish 8th. Of course it doesn't matter but shows the lack of respect initially by the other coaches. How do they like us now?
I suspect the lack of respect was locker room posting and the slam dunk will be winning the B1G Tournament. LOL

That's how she was when I used to watch her in high school. She always guarded the other team's best offensive player, and it didn't matter how big the other girl was. She's a really smart player, and has really taken it to another level in college. I'm most impressed with her ability to run the point. She rarely did that in high school. It shows the work she has put in to make herself a better all around player.

If her steals were anything other than basketballs, she'd be in jail for life!

Less talked about, but equally important, is she is leading the B10 in a:to ratio at 3:1!

Originally posted by rudad02:

I don't think I've ever seen anything like her in women's bb.
I don't think I have ever seen a college basketball player, male or female, who has quicker hands than Syessence.
Do not let the ball get anywhere near her, she will take it from you and she does not pick up fouls in the process.
Her steals stats don't tell the whole story because she disrupts the other team in ways that
don't get into the box score. She really is amazing.

I love Essy and she deserves the DPOY award hands down.

Also, Essy was recognized as one of 15 Finalist for the Nancy Lieberman Award which goes to the top point guard. Unfortunately, Samantha Logic is on that list, another bulldog who not only does many things Essy does but is a hell of a scorer. I love watching both of them play their respective games.

Kelsey Mitchell is on that list and she is an impressive player, especially for a freshmen, with many natural gifts. However, Essy & Samantha are your blue collar players with grit (my kind of players).
This post was edited on 2/24 4:23 PM by CPCU

Nancy Lieberman Award 15 Finalist

Most importantly, Essie is so fast that the refs can't blow the whistle.

Vera Jones had a great comment recently after Essy had a number of steals where he literally took the ball out of people's hands. Something to the effect of when Essy was a toddler, she must've been a terror in the sandbox, taking toys from the other kids.

Resurrecting this thread to celebrate that Essy has been named one of just SIX finalists for Defensive Player of the Year! Awesome achievement.

Resurrecting this thread to celebrate that Essy has been named one of just SIX finalists for Defensive Player of the Year! Awesome achievement.
Excellent!

Great news

A fierce fighting force. I would love her to get a shot in the W as a role player. She will do well no matter where life leads her.

Originally posted by RUClassof67:
Elizabeth Williams from Duke wins it but Essy is still #1 in my book.
I don't have a book, but if I did, she would be number one in it!!

ADVERTISEMENT