ADVERTISEMENT

Fleet Week USS San Antonio (LPD-17) is here

JPhoboken

Heisman Winner
Mar 15, 2005
Nice to see the ships coming up the Hudson for a little parade today. The San Antonio along with two other Frigates and some Coast Guard ships.

The San Antonio is a Amphibious Loading Platform, or Loading Platform Dock, that can deliver 800 Marines and equipment to a location ashore using Helicopters, Ospreys, and various other Landing craft.

Don't forget to get out to see the ships, sailors, and festivities around New York this week. Always a great opportunity to thank a Sailor or Soldier for their service.

300px-USS_San_Antonio_%28LPD-17%29_deploy.jpg

Reactions: m1ipabrams
The San Antonio is also one of our latest EW ships.....

Reactions: rc79
Miss a number of things about not working in the World Financial Center. Fleet week is definitely one of them.

I served on the USS Coral Sea (CV-43) from 85-88. Was part of the Libya bombing in April of 86 along with the America. Any other ex sailors on here ?

I served on the USS Coral Sea (CV-43) from 85-88. Was part of the Libya bombing in April of 86 along with the America. Any other ex sailors on here ?

My college roommate was on the Forrestal when the tragedy happened. Fortunately he was on the flight deck at the time. Most of his squadron that were below decks lost their lives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT