ADVERTISEMENT

Foreman is my guy to watch this year

brad1218

All American
May 4, 2003
Last year I picked Lewis as the guy I thought would surprise and step up and he did. This year it will be foreman. He showed me a lot of talent last year. He will be a hustle player who grabs offensive rebounds and can stick a ten foot jumper. He is my surprise pick as a guy to step up this season.

Reactions: linzalonic
I hope he is in the gym lifting weights. Needs to be stronger.

He is a 11-12 ppg scorer this year in 25-27 mpg IF he learns to use his body like he is 240 lbs and not like he is 200

D J is relentless. He constantly drives to the basket. Now it appears we also have Sanders and Laurent who take it hard to the basket. Our guys last year really didn't have this in their makeup. Oh I forgot Daniels did but he was often out of control. Mack did at times but he was too small and often got rejected. Freeman seems from the games I saw in the JUCO Tournament a guy who stays somewhat near the basket. He will drive the baseline and score or draw fouls. I think these type of players will open up the outside jumpers which should now be more open. Hopefully Williams, Goode, Grier, Sanders etc hit the shots. If we press more and run the floor getting some steals we should be a more exciting team to watch. With the 30 second clock we are playing 5 less seconds of defense on every possession. We should be able to score a few more points a game. It would be nice to score a little above the 70 mark per game if possible. Hopefully the team can gel together quite quickly. I myself am really excited about this team. Playing team ball, getting along, running the floor and hitting outside shots will all make this team a fun one to root for.
I see Freeman at PF backed up by Foreman and Diallo. I see Lewis at center backed up by both Doorson and Diallo. I see Laurent and Grier getting time at small forward/wing and maybe even a few minutes from Foreman at SF. Sanders should be our PG backed up by a little time from Williams or Goode. Daniels, Goode, Williams and Grier can each see some minutes at the SG. A big key is if we as a team can hit the three at 33% or higher. It is important that Goode, Grier, Williams and Sanders can hit the shots when they are open.
Etou hardly ever drove the ball to the basket. He sat around the perimeter and sometimes was inside for a follow up basket on a rebound.

Reactions: mikefla
Outside of the newcomers with high ceilings I think Mike Williams is the guy to watch. If he can knock down open 3 point shots he will have a VERY important role on this team playing starter's minutes. He is a glue player who has the ability to play like as senior although he is a sophomore.

I could see the down-the-stretch lineup at the end of the year being Sanders, Williams, Freeman, Foreman & Lewis.

Maybe mix in Diallo / Grier depending on matchups.

Outside of the newcomers with high ceilings I think Mike Williams is the guy to watch. If he can knock down open 3 point shots he will have a VERY important role on this team playing starter's minutes. He is a glue player who has the ability to play like as senior although he is a sophomore.
Met DJ a few times at the playground. Nice kid. I root hard for him. He was really friendly to my son's travel BB team. They all thought he was a giant.

We need guys to hit threes this year or we will not have enough offense to be competitive. Relentless defense from all is a must.

I think Foreman will benefit from an uptempo system. I still remember his monster dunk when he drove to the rim.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUfanEst89
Foreman was very close to scoring 8-10 ppg a game last year. Just a little too much force at times. So close though. Also, a lefty. High motor kid. EJ must make sure he plays to his size and doesn't shy away from being a giant like KJ sometimes did.

My player to watch out for is Mike Williams. Like grf, I think he is just a player that wants to get better and limits distractions. He was a 6 point player, 2 rpg player this year. This year I think he develops into a 9 ppg+ player with a little bit more passing. If him and Sanders can give 80+ effort on the defensive end, we can be in a lot of games. Guard defense is so important to this game, and our team has potential to have it.

I think in general well see a lot of three guard sets. I am most excited for this depth though. We don't exactly need huge production 6ppg for goode, but we need a player to come in and not turn the ball over. 3 is obviously the position I am curious about.

I am very hopeful that Laurent can come in, play 80+ effort defense, grab rebounds, and drive well and open up players on the perimeter. Keep a close eye on Laurent. If he comes in 10-15 pounds heavier, he will be a great substitute or potential starter for us.

If you know EJ, make sure to tell him Foreman,Freeman, and Laurent come in with 10-15 pounds. We are in the big of course.

Mike was playing some good D last year to.

He did get better towards the end of the season from the line.

He was shooting 27% for most of the season than I think he made like 13 of 14 or so over about the last 8 games or so. He really did improve and I think his overall FT % went up into the 40's. At the beginning he was getting low minutes and I think he was pressuring himself too much. I expect he will shoot foul shots much better this coming season.

Just needs to become a better finisher around the basket. DJ certainly is a kid with potential.

Reactions: higgins3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT