ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread RU vs Monmouth 11/06/22

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
In Piscataway @ The RAC. At 7PM. For those not going, game is also on BTN+
No idea what to expect. Starting rosters not out yet.

Petticord with 1st 8 points of game. Antonia looks like she grew a few inches.

25-20 RU up at half. Petticord looks impressive so far. Nobody else looks too good.

Final, RU 56 Monmouth 51. Going to be a long year.
hopefully only getting the team ready rather than preview of things to come.
I won't be expecting lots of wins, just looking at this season as one putting the program into a position it can be successful in the near future.

Good first win, close score, but we may need to give Monmouth credit for that. They did close out last season on a huge upswing by winning their conference tourney, i believe. They also have some decent players. Our perimeter players may have had a slight length advantage but overall, Monmouth matched up with us in the post.

Loved what I saw from Destiny. Loved how the rest of the team rallied around her hustle energy. Mya was also solid in her RU debut. Kaylene still getting her feet back under her after being out. Would still like to see her play more under control and teammate-attached on some of those drives. They all need to work on being more attached offensively. Been wishing for more of that for the last few years with our team. Hopefully, we get our wish as this season develops.

Still trying to figure out the best combinations. KB coming off the bench while Chyna starts is something that can flip according to the opponent/matchup. I'm okay with KB coming off the bench because she and L Thompson ("LT"??) can keep offensive production going with no dropoff. Once Jillian gets more acclimated, she will also be a big boost of the bench. Come the tough matchups, KB, IMO, has to see major minutes. Had a beautiful assist off the dribble. She's just a nice, well-rounded, experienced player.

Good for Antonia to get plenty of minutes now so she can continue to develop into the player we need her to be, with the injury to Awa. Awa's absence will also call for Erica to step it up and give us a spark when she's on the floor. She did a good job of moving the ball and protecting it in this game.

Looking forward to seeing the team build on this 1st win when they take the floor tomorrow night.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT