ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops versus Wisconsin

RU has nothing on offense. If they play a fast paced team that can shoot they will lose

Gavin will be an instant starter. Expect big things in 24 when we have offensive pieces in place. Still say PM needs 2222222222 speeds.
Too much time dribbling doing nothing. Dribble with a purpose or pass it. He needs to get the ball up fast for fast breaks. Simpson should get alot more burn PUSHING the ball up

PHEWWWWWWWWW. I don’t get doubling someone who is not hurting us at all. Every. Single. Possession. Someone has to explain that to me. Only reason Wisconsin was in it was wide open looks on doubles & they got offensive rebounds because of that. But who cares right?!?!? hahaha. RRRRRRRRRR
Yeah I was screaming at that as well..why double there??? I can understand early on to help cliff stay out of foul trouble and test their outside shooting but not all game

Reactions: NYSportsFan
Thank God. If we can just avoid those prolonged scoring droughts we might be ok down the stretch. This should not have been a last second nail biter with some more consistent scoring.

Yeah I was screaming at that as well..why double there??? I can understand early on to help cliff stay out of foul trouble and test their outside shooting but not all game
We unnecessarily double wayyyy too often. In the post in bad position let the man go 1 on 1

Reactions: RW90

Let them earn a double team. It was so infuriating. The kid was not doing anything haha. I hope a reporter asked Pike that in the postgame but I know they didn’t

Also the Oskar foul was pretty bad but he also got a questionable charge. They didn't call chucky on a hook right after they called the one on cam

It was pretty even though and they let them play overall

Reactions: RUChoppin
It had nothing to do with it. We e lost 3 straight games because we DO NOT DEFEND the 3. It does not matter who is playing. They need to stop helping down in the block. We leave SO MANY WIDE open looks behind the arc. We only won because Wisky shot like shit.
If that was Iowa we lose by at least 20

The big man for Wisky had zero intention of spinning and attack the hoop. He only held the ball down low waiting for our 100% predictable down low help from wing.....as soon as that happened he kicked out. Some of you guys would do well to learn the game
How did we win the other 16 times?

Reactions: Usbcbowler
We played horrifically. We just don’t have enough depth. Mags loss was huge. Missing all those free throws was a crusher too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT