ADVERTISEMENT

Gopre not cleared & How many 16's could show up early

Too bad about LB Gorpe . He would been playing a major part in this year's Defense.
Hopefully he will find his way in Community College and join RU in 2 years.

Counting EE against the previous year class only helps go over the 25 commits per class limit. I don't think that is an issue with class, the 85 total is the limit that impacts this class.
Yep, that's correct - for this class we're currently hitting our heads against the overall 85 limit, not the 25 per class limit. I think when all is said and done, with the early enrollees, we'll be at 22-23 with this class.

Damn. Anyone know the deal with Ports? Is he going to prep?

Would imagine so.

What's the hell is going on with that school?

Two kids in a row can't qualify for basic admission? This school should lose its accreditation

Would imagine so.

Two kids in a row can't qualify for basic admission? This school should lose its accreditation
It's not as easy as you think for some of these kids. Many don't have the basics to do well on an SAT. For others, they dig such a huge hole freshman and sophomore year they can't recover. Others are just lazy or lack guidance.

Would imagine so.

Just my guess, but being that RU did not give him an LOI to sign he will probably have to go the Juco route. If he was close enough that he could get eligible at prep RU would have had h sign,

Too bad about Gopre. I thought he would have had a good opportunity to contribute this year. If he completes 2 yrs of JUCO it is certainly no lock that he will wind up here. At that point it will be all about an opportunity for immediate PT. I think Ports will need to prep as well. Hopefully he has a better outcome otherwise they should just go to JUCO immediately.

VKJ91 is spot on about the academics. Unfortunately these kids dig themselves in a hole early.

The most encouraging sign for Rutgers fans is the support the staff has continued to show Gopre throughout his latest obstable. They're working with him to find the right junior college and also set-up his schedule to ensure he takes the right courses he'll need to have taken, two years down the line when makes his final attempt to get to a four-year FBS university.

Link--> GopreUpdated

Another option for Gopre is to attend JUCO redshirt his 1st year and then play his 2nd year. If he graduates during that time he has 3 years to play 3 at the Div 1 level. Hopefully this young man buckles down and gets it done in the classroom for his sake.

The most encouraging sign for Rutgers fans is the support the staff has continued to show Gopre throughout his latest obstable. They're working with him to find the right junior college and also set-up his schedule to ensure he takes the right courses he'll need to have taken, two years down the line when makes his final attempt to get to a four-year FBS university.

Link--> GopreUpdated

Impressive - yet another reason I like this staff.

ADVERTISEMENT