ADVERTISEMENT

GREAT ARTICLE: Dunleavy Talks Original RAC Plans

In the meantime...

can somebody throw some high gloss red (and some black and white too) paint on those exterior walls like we suggested before the season started?

Seriously, I would LOVE to see what painting the exterior of the RAC would do to it. Some real pop instead of the ugly, drabby exterior we currently have.

Time to get some photoshopping out + dig up that thread where we talked about this in the past.

Seriously, I would LOVE to see what painting the exterior of the RAC would do to it. Some real pop instead of the ugly, drabby exterior we currently have.

Time to get some photoshopping out + dig up that thread where we talked about this in the past.

Go to work people....

RAC.jpg

bball0708098.jpeg

Either all red here or a combo of red, white and a black horizontal stripe between them with some better lighting for the "HOME OF THE SCARLET KNIGHTS" which should be on both sides of the building.

On the banks

I'm pretty sure that hospital road must remain.

If it can be closed...then your suggestion is a no brainer

Otherwise...the space on that side of the RAC is confined

On the banks

Really does not seem like much of a road at all. Roads are changed all the time. That's a pretty lame/poor reason.

On the banks

What ever happened to Joyce Kilmer Ave that ran all the way to Hospital Rd?
Oh yeah, there's now a large Residence Hall and a bunch of Solar Panels in the way.
Things sometimes have to be changed with progress.

Solid plan, OTB. Let us know if JH gets back. As said, we've discussed painting the exterior of the RAC but it didn't leave the site. The exterior is a certain kind of rock that is hard to paint on evenly. Still, can be done. Or a holographic R. Right now the RAC is a spaceship. If it shoots us to the final four it'll be my favorite spaceship. If it doesn't,it's an ugly spaceship.

So many great ideas on this board but ll of them stay on this board. We've gotta change that.

Go to work people....
bball0708098.jpeg

Would be nice if the RAC was "modernized" on both the outside/inside (new overall facility would be best) so that it won't be confused that it was designed by Germans who made these along on the French Coast:

German_Bunker_Normandy.jpg

german-bunker-at-omaha.jpg

800px-Normandy_bunker_command_post.JPG

4d7f40f19e1766ce4dd93b1f2226f69e.jpg

Never understood why we always talk about expanding when we sell out once or twice a year and sometimes get less than 5000 at the games. To impress recruits? Spend millions on a bunch of empty seats that impresses recruits and will never be used?

We dont need to expand to impress recruits, we need to modernize to impress recruits. The rac doesnt need more seats it just needs a few touch ups and upgrades. I dont think anybody is saying that we need more seats.

ADVERTISEMENT