ADVERTISEMENT

Guarantano here again to visit?

FELONIOUSMONK

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2012
Whether he pulls our lever or not the young man is doing his due diligence about the team on the Banks......
smokin.r191677.gif

Do we have an over under on him committing ? I will be AL and say 80 percent. .Or maybe he already has? Just trying to inject a little football amidst the weather and contractor threads .My bad.....Leonard your thoughts please?

Ok Husky I don't think you understand what over/under means because there is no way in the world that you can say it is 1% based on what has happened the last few weeks. I at least think it is 33%. I would actually put it at 50/50 if his decision were on its own but there is that added possibility that Haskins may commit to us before JG so you have to knock off a few points for that.

Originally posted by seels2662:
Ok Husky I don't think you understand what over/under means because there is no way in the world that you can say it is 1% based on what has happened the last few weeks. I at least think it is 33%. I would actually put it at 50/50 if his decision were on its own but there is that added possibility that Haskins may commit to us before JG so you have to knock off a few points for that.
i dont think you understand that there is no shortage of miserable pessimistic folks on this board.

dont try to be rational with them.

Originally posted by jay_hq:

Originally posted by seels2662:
i dont think you understand that there is no shortage of miserable pessimistic folks on this board.

dont try to be rational with them.
Yes, screw the realists on this Board.

Considering a little over a month ago he seemed ready to commit to OSU, do you think that at this point if JG wanted to make an early commit that would be an advantage or disadvantage for Rutgers? Does a later commit make it more likely to stay in Jersey or go somewhere else?

I think that he will be a Scarlet Knight, and if he felt that as well it would certainly be an advantage in recruiting other players. Especially in the State.

OSU has Zero value-add if Guarantano has no prospects for PT. He'd have to fight for PT here the way things are shaking out.

I love Guarantano and think he will be a great fit at RU. I think he is exactly the type of quarterback that can push us over the edge in close games because he has the ability to run the ball for real yardage. We haven't had a quarterback who can do that in a while. And in tight games how often do you see the pocket break down on a 3rd and 8 and somehow the quarterback finds a way to go and get those yards and it breaks the defenses backs. Between Teal and Nova while they had their strengths, neither of them were able to really go and make big plays when the pocket would break down. Anyways I hope all these visits means that Jarrett is really liking RU because he is exactly what RU needs.

I'd personally much rather Haskins over JG. I just have this suspicion that JG will be a lot like Nova, in that he'll be super over hyped and never really be consistent. But that's just my two cents.

Originally posted by VW Knight:
I'd personally much rather Haskins over JG. I just have this suspicion that JG will be a lot like Nova, in that he'll be super over hyped and never really be consistent. But that's just my two cents.
Haskins is much less likely than JG to end up at RU. Todd Hunt mentioned that today in the comments section of his article.

Originally posted by klemman:
Considering a little over a month ago he seemed ready to commit to OSU, do you think that at this point if JG wanted to make an early commit that would be an advantage or disadvantage for Rutgers? Does a later commit make it more likely to stay in Jersey or go somewhere else?

I think that he will be a Scarlet Knight, and if he felt that as well it would certainly be an advantage in recruiting other players. Especially in the State.
From everything Ive read, just a month ago his heart wanted to go with Ohio State but his head wanted Rutgers (he is concerned with the play time at Ohio State)

I would say a later commit would favor Rutgers, being that it's possible for his heart to want to be at Rutgers more eventually.

No matter how much time passes Ohio State will still be stacked at the QB position for the next few years.

His favorability of Ohio State has reached a ceiling in my opinion. His favorability of Rutgers has potential to increase.

JG has decided to sloooow down the process by taking even more visits now to Florida, Notre Dame , and Stanford, besides Tenn. Hey this winter sucks, I'd go to warmer places if I could too.

I wish he committed already so RU didn't have to offer another QB as a backup plan. But I get he wants to see other schools, even though deep down I think he knows the best fit for him is running the show at RU and pounding the rest of the B1G here in Jersey.

Originally posted by Abro1975:
JG has decided to sloooow down the process by taking even more visits now to Florida, Notre Dame , and Stanford, besides Tenn. Hey this winter sucks, I'd go to warmer places if I could too.
I have heard from some friends who work in the Michigan Athletic Department that JG's tOSU offer is no longer committable at this point in time. Could be why he is slowing down the process.

He looks happy in all of his pics here. He could drag in some talent tomorrow by just saying RU ..He and Pollock as the cornerstones? Nice..

Originally posted by VW Knight:
Nova wasn't super overhyped. He was a three star recruit who was the QB on literally one of the most talented high school team in the nation. JG is a four star recruit who one of the top QBs in the nation on a pretty mediocre high school team. JG as a sophomore will be better than Nova as a senior.

That's the first that anyone has mentioned visits to Stanford FLORIDA and ND; so I'll take it that you're just making $hit up.

Originally posted by RCTrooper:
That's the first that anyone has mentioned visits to Stanford FLORIDA and ND; so I'll take it that you're just making $hit up.
In this video interview, he mentions Tennessee, Ohio State and Florida, and some Rivals camp. Did not hear Stanford or Notre Dame.

Interview

Originally posted by RCTrooper:

When ND offered a few weeks ago, one of the ND reporters said JG was trying to work with the coaches on a visit date to ND this summer. Whether that comes true, I have no idea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT