ADVERTISEMENT

HAHA Did Jim Harbaugh get hit in the head too many times? Worst interviewer I have EVER heard!

MikeRU1766

Junior
Mar 7, 2015
I had heard about the Jim Harbaugh interview on the Colin Cowheard "The Herd" and heard that it was awkward, BUT WHAT THE HECK?!

It sounds like Harbaugh is legitimately dull or slow or that something is wrong with him mentally. There were long pauses, there were awkward responses, there were terribly dull answers that literally put you to sleep. It was as if he was confused and did not understand what was going on haha I don't even know how to properly describe it to be honest. It was THAT weird.

IT WAS BRUTAL!

And then I listened to him on Rich Eisen Show and IT WAS HORRIBLE AS WELL. Not sure what is going on, but I think that you won't be seeing many more interviews by Harbaugh because it is like pulling teeth.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
most awkward interview I ever heard, don't know how a recruit could listen to that and want to play for him, sure he is a good coach, but it seems like his personality will wear on you real quick........it will be interesting watching this situation, if they do not rise to the top quickly (within two seasons) and frankly they could lose to their two biggest rivals (mich st & ohio st) over the next few years, must watch TV if they are just above .500 and lose to their rivals the next two years

most awkward interview I ever heard, don't know how a recruit could listen to that and want to play for him, sure he is a good coach, but it seems like his personality will wear on you real quick........it will be interesting watching this situation, if they do not rise to the top quickly (within two seasons) and frankly they could lose to their two biggest rivals (mich st & ohio st) over the next few years, must watch TV if they are just above .500 and lose to their rivals the next two years
Blame it Cowheard not Harbaugh. Cowheard knows jack about college football. That was the embarrassing part

It has been quite clear that Harbaugh is a wackjob with the personality of a shoestring. The interview only confirmed these truths (I didnt hear the Rich Eisen one). He cannot hold a conversation nor can he answer simple questions. I dont get how recruits' parents don't immediately see that something is wrong with him.

Blame it Cowheard not Harbaugh. Cowheard knows jack about college football. That was the embarrassing part

I am not defending Cowherd because I don't listen to his show at all so I don't know whether he knows about college football or not.

But WhiteBus all you have to do is listen to the interview to hear how awkward Harbaugh is even when Cowherd was lobbing him "softball" questions. The whole point of softball questions is that they are easy to answer and they give the coach a chance to highlight what he wants about his program and basically use it as a marketing opportunity.

The only person you can blame for the terrible answers is Harbaugh.

And even if you somehow aren't convinced, all you have to do is listen to Harbaugh on the Rich Eisen Show because yet again he delivers another very odd interview. (Not as bad as on Colin Cowherd's show, but still bad).

Last edited:
As I was making this thread I thought I had previously saw a thread about this interview, but when I checked earlier today I didn't see anything.

But as I have been reading the board today I did find that there was a previous thread about this topic. So for those who are interested in the topic, the title of the previous thread is "Harbaugh on ESPN radio" or "Interview on ESPN radio" or something along those lines.

Nice job by a Rutgers fan "defending" a conference rival.
Why am I not surprised?
We see that all too often on this board, usually by the same people.

Cowherd knows plenty about college football. He loves it and talks about it all the time.
I listened to the interview, and it was painful.
If that was my favorite team's head coach, I would be embarrassed, not because of Colin, but because of you know who.

Why am I not surprised?

Cowherd knows plenty about college football. He loves it and talks about it all the time.
If that was my favorite team's head coach, I would be embarrassed, not because of Colin, but because of you know who.

I am not sure if poster "WhiteBus" is a Rutgers fan... I was always under the assumption that he was a Penn State fan. "WhiteBus" who would you say you are a fan of?

Additionally, I was SHOCKED that anyone could even TRY to "defend" Harbaugh in this situation. I don't know if this is an example of EXTREME lack of ability to comprehend what occurred during the interview(s) or if it is an EXTREME case of being biased and not wanting it to be Harbaugh so badly that the poster was willing to come up with any defense possible regardless of how obvious it was that Harbaugh was being the oddball and the reason that BOTH of his interviews were so "clunky," in the words of Cowherd. But either way, I was very surprised that someone would try to say that Harbaugh wasn't extremely odd during the interviews(s).

"WhiteBus" I am just wondering...... can you at least say that Harbaugh handled this interview in an extremely awkward way? His answers were odd....the timing of his pauses were strange.....he would wait a long time to start his answers to questions for some reason....etc. Or do you truly not agree with that statement and it was all Cowherd that made this interview the most awkward in history?

Why am I not surprised?

I don't know about the person you are talking about, but I am a Michigan fan. Let me tell ya, the blatant homer-ism on these boards is flat sad. But lets leave it for a moment...

Harbaugh should of been extra forthcoming to The Turd exactly why? He doesn't need him to help sell the program. In case you missed it, we are doing pretty damn good with recruits. Our staff is doing it much better than yours, and in your own state no less.

Cowpie called out Michigan for months now, and saying Jimmy would be a loser for taking the job blah blah. He has continued to run us down. He has gone on to say we weren't a good program in 98, and yet we had won a NC the year before. For knowing so much as you claim, the Turd's insight is pretty pizz poor I would say where Michigan is concerned. The guy's paycheck comes from those in league with the SEC. You do the math.

Lets get back to the Rutgers smack talk here though....

Yes..... you guys won last yr.

No.....it wont continue, and I would bet any of ya were it possible to meet face to face to assure payment. We have been down long enough, and the fans are restless. Jimmy will get it done, or they will pay more next time. When you have an asset like Michigan Stadium, you don't let it sit part way full. We were cheap towards coaches for a long time, and were famous for it. Not any more.

When it comes to Head Coaches, I know I wouldn't swap out our guys for anyone in all of CFB. Can you honestly say the same in the B1G, let alone the country?

No....Rutgers isn't close to Michigan in the academic world despite claims to the contrary on this board. When you go out to world rankings, which gets rid of the small school bias, Michigan is in the top 20 nationwide. Even USnews, despite the high 30 ranking, has us top 10 in pretty much all academic fields. Top 5 in some to boot.

So maybe, just maybe, the guy you quoted can be objective.

And lastly.....

No.....we don't need to add any school lacking the AAU status. In another thread someone mentioned we need Okie more than they needed us. We don't need them at all. Nor your old foes in WVU or Cincy.

I am not sure if poster "WhiteBus" is a Rutgers fan... I was always under the assumption that he was a Penn State fan. "WhiteBus" who would you say you are a fan of?

Additionally, I was SHOCKED that anyone could even TRY to "defend" Harbaugh in this situation. I don't know if this is an example of EXTREME lack of ability to comprehend what occurred during the interview(s) or if it is an EXTREME case of being biased and not wanting it to be Harbaugh so badly that the poster was willing to come up with any defense possible regardless of how obvious it was that Harbaugh was being the oddball and the reason that BOTH of his interviews were so "clunky," in the words of Cowherd. But either way, I was very surprised that someone would try to say that Harbaugh wasn't extremely odd during the interviews(s).

"WhiteBus" I am just wondering...... can you at least say that Harbaugh handled this interview in an extremely awkward way? His answers were odd....the timing of his pauses were strange.....he would wait a long time to start his answers to questions for some reason....etc. Or do you truly not agree with that statement and it was all Cowherd that made this interview the most awkward in history?
Some of you clowns are too funny. I wasn't defending Harbaugh, I was killing Cowheard. How any of you can listen to him is beyond me. Especially when there are much better options in that time slot like Dan Patrick.

As for me being a PSU fan this makes this the dumbest post ever on this board.

Just watched the interview. Have not listened to Cowherd for years, but he carried himself well and handled it like a pro. Remained unflappable but eventually just admitted the interview was going nowhere. Harbaugh was distant and defensive -- in a a semi-catatonic state throughout the interview. No passion or fire or enthusiasm -- nothing. May be a winner but I would rather play for a winner who can inspire me with his personality rather than his resume.

I don't know about the person you are talking about, but I am a Michigan fan. Let me tell ya, the blatant homer-ism on these boards is flat sad. But lets leave it for a moment...

Harbaugh should of been extra forthcoming to The Turd exactly why? He doesn't need him to help sell the program. In case you missed it, we are doing pretty damn good with recruits. Our staff is doing it much better than yours, and in your own state no less.

Cowpie called out Michigan for months now, and saying Jimmy would be a loser for taking the job blah blah. He has continued to run us down. He has gone on to say we weren't a good program in 98, and yet we had won a NC the year before. For knowing so much as you claim, the Turd's insight is pretty pizz poor I would say where Michigan is concerned. The guy's paycheck comes from those in league with the SEC. You do the math.

Lets get back to the Rutgers smack talk here though....

Yes..... you guys won last yr.

No.....it wont continue, and I would bet any of ya were it possible to meet face to face to assure payment. We have been down long enough, and the fans are restless. Jimmy will get it done, or they will pay more next time. When you have an asset like Michigan Stadium, you don't let it sit part way full. We were cheap towards coaches for a long time, and were famous for it. Not any more.

When it comes to Head Coaches, I know I wouldn't swap out our guys for anyone in all of CFB. Can you honestly say the same in the B1G, let alone the country?

No....Rutgers isn't close to Michigan in the academic world despite claims to the contrary on this board. When you go out to world rankings, which gets rid of the small school bias, Michigan is in the top 20 nationwide. Even USnews, despite the high 30 ranking, has us top 10 in pretty much all academic fields. Top 5 in some to boot.

So maybe, just maybe, the guy you quoted can be objective.

And lastly.....

No.....we don't need to add any school lacking the AAU status. In another thread someone mentioned we need Okie more than they needed us. We don't need them at all. Nor your old foes in WVU or Cincy.

Dude, I think you forgot to take your pills.

It has been quite clear that Harbaugh is a wackjob with the personality of a shoestring. The interview only confirmed these truths (I didnt hear the Rich Eisen one). He cannot hold a conversation nor can he answer simple questions. I dont get how recruits' parents don't immediately see that something is wrong with him.

Your former star OL Anthony Davis provided an example of Harbarugh's personality when advising that he suffered a concussion and was laying on the field totally dazed. Harbaugh ran onto the field and said, get him off the field so we don't have to use a time out!

Sports talk radio is inherently terrible, so this is par for the course.

Some of you clowns are too funny. I wasn't defending Harbaugh, I was killing Cowheard. How any of you can listen to him is beyond me. Especially when there are much better options in that time slot like Dan Patrick.

As for me being a PSU fan this makes this the dumbest post ever on this board.

After I made the OP about how Harbaugh is extremely odd, this was your response verbatim....

"Blame it Cowheard not Harbaugh. Cowheard knows jack about college football. That was the embarrassing part"

I don't know how you could possibly NOT be aware that your statement would obviously be taken as you defending Harbaugh!?

I had heard about the Jim Harbaugh interview on the Colin Cowheard "The Herd" and heard that it was awkward, BUT WHAT THE HECK?!

It sounds like Harbaugh is legitimately dull or slow or that something is wrong with him mentally. There were long pauses, there were awkward responses, there were terribly dull answers that literally put you to sleep. It was as if he was confused and did not understand what was going on haha I don't even know how to properly describe it to be honest. It was THAT weird.

IT WAS BRUTAL!

And then I listened to him on Rich Eisen Show and IT WAS HORRIBLE AS WELL. Not sure what is going on, but I think that you won't be seeing many more interviews by Harbaugh because it is like pulling teeth.
Don't think Harbaugh was happy w the questions cowturd was asking because they were out of order. I don't think he'll ever make it as a public announcer but as a hfc, tell me you wouldn't take him at RU, Please tell me that, I need a good laugh for the day.

This is THE LINK

Harbaugh's tweet afterward: In my experience of participating in interviews, I've found it takes 2 to produce a clunker! I'll take 50% responsibility 4 this clunker.

I think that is fair. The confusing thing was over the word "buy"... clumsy wording...questions all over the place, no sense of one thing leading to another.

Don't think Harbaugh was happy w the questions cowturd was asking because they were out of order. I don't think he'll ever make it as a public announcer but as a hfc, tell me you wouldn't take him at RU, Please tell me that, I need a good laugh for the day.

Well see here's the thing you're missing...

He wasn't just awkward on the Cowherd Show...... He was also awkward on the Rich Eisen Show which proves it is really mostly Harbaugh not the interviewer.

This is THE LINK

Harbaugh's tweet afterward: In my experience of participating in interviews, I've found it takes 2 to produce a clunker! I'll take 50% responsibility 4 this clunker.

I think that is fair. The confusing thing was over the word "buy"... clumsy wording...questions all over the place, no sense of one thing leading to another.

Yeah I also was kind of confused about the "buy" question. The only thing is Harbaugh was also very awkward on the Rich Eisen Show which proved to me it is much more about Harbaugh than the interviewer.

Sports talk radio is inherently terrible, so this is par for the course.

Sports radio is atrocious. Harbough is an odd duck, as we all know, but Cowherd is almost unfathomably douchey and asked lame questions.

After I made the OP about how Harbaugh is extremely odd, this was your response verbatim....

"Blame it Cowheard not Harbaugh. Cowheard knows jack about college football. That was the embarrassing part"

I don't know how you could possibly NOT be aware that your statement would obviously be taken as you defending Harbaugh!?
I thought you listened to the interview. His buy or bye question maybe the dumbest thing ever asked of a head coach!! No coach wants to think his conference teams are considered byes and if he meant buy doesn't he know the Big Ten won the fuc×in National Championship???
Either version is completely an insult to the Big Ten.Dumb ass question that should have never been asked to any Big Ten coach.

I thought you listened to the interview. His buy or bye question maybe the dumbest thing ever asked of a head coach!! No coach wants to think his conference teams are considered byes and if he meant buy doesn't he know the Big Ten won the fuc×in National Championship???
Either version is completely an insult to the Big Ten.Dumb ass question that should have never been asked to any Big Ten coach.

You're jumping all over the place here WhiteBus.

I agree with you that the "Bye " or "Buy" question was a poor question.

But that doesn't change the fact that Harbaugh is clearly a terrible interview and very awkward which he proved on Cowherd AND the Rich Eisen Show.

I heard Harbaugh in an extensive interview right after he was hired. I left with the feeling he was going to be a real problem for us. $$$$

You're jumping all over the place here WhiteBus.

I agree with you that the "Bye " or "Buy" question was a poor question.

But that doesn't change the fact that Harbaugh is clearly a terrible interview and very awkward which he proved on Cowherd AND the Rich Eisen Show.
The dumb question ended the interview. Listen to Dan Patrick sometime. He gets the most replayed quotes more than any of the morning shows because he is a pro. Cowheard is a clown. Asked a completely stupid question and blames Harbaugh.
Clowns on here think I am supporting Harbaugh. ..I am not. I am pointing out that Colin Cowheard is a complete shill for ESPN.
The idiots are those that think Cowheard has no agenda.

The dumb question ended the interview. Listen to Dan Patrick sometime. He gets the most replayed quotes more than any of the morning shows because he is a pro. Cowheard is a clown. Asked a completely stupid question and blames Harbaugh.
Clowns on here think I am supporting Harbaugh. ..I am not. I am pointing out that Colin Cowheard is a complete shill for ESPN.
The idiots are those that think Cowheard has no agenda.

See that all can also be true that you said about Cowherd, but that doesn't change the fact that Harbaugh is an awkward interview. Harbaugh was so awkward on the Rich Eisen Show on 1/8/15 as well.

Link -

See that all can also be true that you said about Cowherd, but that doesn't change the fact that Harbaugh is an awkward interview. Harbaugh was so awkward on the Rich Eisen Show on 1/8/15 as well.

Link -
Oh jeeze. You clowns just can't ignore that Cowheard just made a mockery of the Big Ten but your focus is on a coach in the conference Rutgers plays in. Cowheard asked THE worst question ever but let's defend this ESPN idiot. My word the IQ of this board has sunk to an all time low.

Oh jeeze. You clowns just can't ignore that Cowheard just made a mockery of the Big Ten but your focus is on a coach in the conference Rutgers plays in. Cowheard asked THE worst question ever but let's defend this ESPN idiot. My word the IQ of this board has sunk to an all time low.

What are you talking about that Cowherd just made a mockery of the entire Big Ten? I don't know where you are getting that from.

And additionally, you seem to not be answering this point.... Why was Harbaugh also so awkward on the Rich Eisen Show?

What are you talking about that Cowherd just made a mockery of the entire Big Ten? I don't know where you are getting that from.

And additionally, you seem to not be answering this point.... Why was Harbaugh also so awkward on the Rich Eisen Show?
Ummm I answered why it's insulting above. What don't you understand. The fact that he thinks so little about the conference and asks if the conference is a buy or bye. Either way he acts like the Big Ten is some kind of up and coming conference. The Big Ten won the NCAA title!!!

Ummm I answered why it's insulting above. What don't you understand. The fact that he thinks so little about the conference and asks if the conference is a buy or bye. Either way he acts like the Big Ten is some kind of up and coming conference. The Big Ten won the NCAA title!!!

haha thats what I thought.

First off Cowherd was saying the conference was a "buy" meaning he thought with all of the great coaches and teams that are in our conference that we are definitely going to continue our success and "continue to rise."

And second I didn't get that he thought we were up and coming, I got that he thought we were going to have more and more success going forward.

You're whole interpretation of this interview is a mess.

Wow, you're kind of an angry, lil wolvie.
Yah he is and I agree w him. If you can't have JH, talk him down. Rutgers and 97% of college football schools would trade thei

IT WAS BRUTAL!

HAHA, listen again, JH talking to Cowturd is like explaining calculus to a 2nd grader. I do ? why he agreed to go on that rediculous show though.

Wow, you're kind of an angry, lil wolvie.

Nah

I just didn't feel like tracking down every Rutgers thread where the delusions of grandeur are running high, especially pertaining to Michigan. Several of your posters have somehow got the notion that if Rutgers isn't the cream of the B1G, it is top 3.

Get real.

Thanks for playing though.

Nah

I just didn't feel like tracking down every Rutgers thread where the delusions of grandeur are running high, especially pertaining to Michigan. Several of your posters have somehow got the notion that if Rutgers isn't the cream of the B1G, it is top 3.

Get real.

Thanks for playing though.

Get lost troll. No one is saying that here but nice straw man. Time to take your dentures out and get some nap time.

Reactions: MikeRU1766

Cowherd was not insulting the Big 10. He generally uses the terms buy and sell to describe where players, teams and in this case a conference is in terms of performance. "Buy" is actually a compliment. You may not like the guy (Cowherd)...and that is certainly a valid debate.....but Harbaugh was just not right in that interview regardless of the questions.

haha thats what I thought.

First off Cowherd was saying the conference was a "buy" meaning he thought with all of the great coaches and teams that are in our conference that we are definitely going to continue our success and "continue to rise."

And second I didn't get that he thought we were up and coming, I got that he thought we were going to have more and more success going forward.

You're whole interpretation of this interview is a mess.
Huh what?? My interpretation is off?? Jesus you are a complete idiot. You don't ask a coach from the conference who won the National Championship if the conference is a "buy". The stupidity on this board is only matched by Cowheard.
My word you defending a guy who thinks that the Big Ten should be considered a buy after they already won the championship is laughable. He is an PAC 12 and SEC shill.

Huh what?? My interpretation is off?? Jesus you are a complete idiot. You don't ask a coach from the conference who won the National Championship if the conference is a "buy". The stupidity on this board is only matched by Cowheard.
My word you defending a guy who thinks that the Big Ten should be considered a buy after they already won the championship is laughable. He is an PAC 12 and SEC shill.

"WhiteBus" you are absurd. This whole thread was all about Harbaugh. You're the one who turned it into a "Cowherd" thread.

Also, as "RUinsanity" wrote above, Cowherd calling the conference a "buy" was actually a compliment.

And most importantly, Harbaugh is the most AWKWARD INTERVIEW that I have ever seen. Proof can be seen not only on Cowherd's show, but also on Rich Eisen Show on 1/8/15 which confirms his awkwardness. You can look up both interviews/videos on Youtube to see it for yourself. Also, it WAS NOT Cowherd's fault that Harbaugh was awkward as as you tried to say earlier in the thread because Harbaugh was again very awkward on the Rich Eisen Show.

If you want to debate whether Cowherd favors the Pac-12 and SEC over the BIG10 then feel free so start a thread about it. But why can you just not admit that Harbaugh is an awkward interview? It is so obvious on multiple shows haha.

"WhiteBus" you are absurd. This whole thread was all about Harbaugh. You're the one who turned it into a "Cowherd" thread.

Also, as "RUinsanity" wrote above, Cowherd calling the conference a "buy" was actually a compliment.

And most importantly, Harbaugh is the most AWKWARD INTERVIEW that I have ever seen. Proof can be seen not only on Cowherd's show, but also on Rich Eisen Show on 1/8/15 which confirms his awkwardness. You can look up both interviews/videos on Youtube to see it for yourself. Also, it WAS NOT Cowherd's fault that Harbaugh was awkward as as you tried to say earlier in the thread because Harbaugh was again very awkward on the Rich Eisen Show.

If you want to debate whether Cowherd favors the Pac-12 and SEC over the BIG10 then feel free so start a thread about it. But why can you just not admit that Harbaugh is an awkward interview? It is so obvious on multiple shows haha.
OMG you are clueless. You ask about "buy" conferences when they are up and coming not established conferences. Especially when the Big Ten ACTUALLY WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP. How stupid are you???

OMG you are clueless. You ask about "buy" conferences when they are up and coming not established conferences. Especially when the Big Ten ACTUALLY WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP. How stupid are you???
But thanks for defending a clown who hates the Big Ten and thinks the PAC 12 is better than the SEC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT