ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Birthday to B1G Rutgers !!!

I find it hard to believe to heaven. I'm a tOSU. Fan but I am jersey breed. I still remember the excitement when the big extended the invitation to RU. I saw osu win 2 nattys and numerous big bowl games, but I don't think any if that had me as blissful as the day Rutgers got announced to the big. So much untapped potential in our state, and I feel that day was a sign of things to come for Rutgers. There was atleast 100 threads celebrating the event, and I still haven't seen anything like that type of joy. Is there anyway to go back and read some of those threads?

I think there is (maybe one of the high tech people on the site know how to find them). People may call me crazy,but I think the Nebraska and Ohio State games this season are going to break the stadium records. Not only are there a ton of alumni and their fans travel very well,but there are also a lot of local Cornhusker and Buckeye fans who have waited years to see those teams play. Last year,it seemed like many Penn State fans thought that we weren't even worthy to be playing them and skipped the game in Piscataway.

I was really hoping that RU would run an event like they did last year around this time - I know they mentioned doing it last year, but I guess they felt there would be little return in doing it now.

DJ,
I do too,but having 25 events in Cape May,Atlantic,Ocean, and Monmouth counties this month must take a LOT of planning,money, and manpower. Hopefully,the Fan Fest will be a bit different and bigger this August.

I was really hoping that RU would run an event like they did last year around this time - I know they mentioned doing it last year, but I guess they felt there would be little return in doing it now.

You mean the B1G tour? Rutgers finished the 1st part of the 2015 B1G tour (I guess you missed it) and the 2nd leg starts shortly as in TODAY.

RvxKTKy4Y6XWnDMNYSRbjujO9fgnx2ygZC4w6JjjeOzyM53_oPeM307ymJReFrvRt6VRUJ_Io3liog6M9QqAKpv4_La7V7cUnpQFyb3z6UkBxZbcQqxGLzrPPn7E=s0-d-e1-ft

Scourge,
I think Spanky was talking about the B1G Celebration at the stadium last July 1--bands,fireworks,tons of giveaways,videos,Commission speaking,etc.

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
In one prescient Mr. Magoo cartoon, the alumnus mistakes a bear for a college student and proudly boasts, “I was anchor man on Rutgers great croquet team of ’21. Let me demonstrate the technique that made us the scourge of the Big Ten!” On July 1, 2014, Rutgers officially entered the Big Ten Conference.

Oh, and Mr. Magoo also claims '06 and '11 and other years as his Rutgers graduation year/s. His football letters were earned in 1910 and 1911 according to the list of Rutgers football letter winners... Magoo, Quincy.

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne....q=rutgers football letter winners&gsc.page=1

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
Scourge,
I think Spanky was talking about the B1G Celebration at the stadium last July 1--bands,fireworks,tons of giveaways,videos,Commission speaking,etc.
I was there last year and it was barely attended. Don't need it again.

ADVERTISEMENT