ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh on ESPN radio

StyleKnight

All American
Jan 13, 2012
Anyone else just hear the Harbaugh interview with Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio? Harbaugh is super awkward, I have no idea what kids see in him. He had a hard time understanding the concept of buy vs sell when Cowherd asked him if the B1G was a buy. After that he just clammed up and refused to talk. Cowherd asked him to pretend he was a WR and say why he should go to Michigan. *silence*

Always an awkward interview with him. I guess recruits really just believe he can get them ready for the league. Even when his players are asked questions about him, it gets weird and they kind of clam up.

That was embarrassing. Makes you wonder why any kid would want to play for that nut job...

Unfortunately, I think Harbaugh is going to be successful. He's antics wore thin on the 49ers, but with a 4-5 year cycle for college players, I think he will kill it.

As far as the interview, all I can say is that it's amateur hour over on espn radio. The guys over on WFAN would've dealt fine with it.

Cowherd was also the guy who days before the Harbaugh hire was announced called the entire Michigan fanbase kooky and delusional for thinking that Harbaugh was going to Michigan.

The Cowherd question was "Do you think the Big Ten is a buy?", which also sounds like "Do you think the Big Ten is a bye?" Either way, how should that be answered?

Harbaugh sounded like he was high on pot.

Although, in his defense, I had no idea either what Cowerd meant by "It seems like the Big Ten is a buy". I also thought he meant "bye", as in, the league stinks so you should win 10 games easily.

Clash of personalities, Cowherd is an a$$ and could have handled the situation better. The question about B1G as a buy wasn't very clear, he could have prepped the question better. On the other hand, Harbaugh was a pretty dry interview.

I dont think Colin asks great questions. The bye question was terrible, like absolutely terrible, im with jim on that one. "coach how do you put in a game plan"? what???? professor miller at RU would be throwing his radio in the trash if he heard that question on the interview. like someone mentioned up there, its amateur hour up there in bristol, so i would think Jim has talked to his communications/pr director today and said "do me a favor, lets stay off the espn radio circuit for a lil" freddie coleman is a good listen too up there when it comes to the major sports.

Last edited:
Some of the questions were weird, but how is "how is coaching college vs nfl different?" Like how is that tough??

Anybody who thinks Harbaugh recruits better than Flood due to his "personality" and closing skills is delusional.
Harbaugh comes across as a boring self-absorbed assho!e, the only reason he gets players is because he is at Michigan
and has been successful winning games at his previous jobs. I would never want my sons to play for that zero.

Is anyone still not convinced Harbaugh is mentally insane?

Normal people don't get canned after going to 3 straight NFC title games and a super bowl. The dude is bat shit crazy.

Cowherd is a bit weird. But Harbaugh is weird too. He threw out the first pitch for a Tigers game this week, wearing a Mark "The Bird" Fidrych jersey with his trademark khaki, and cleats. He also had a rosin bag in his back pocket.
http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/sto...h-first-pitch-detroit-tigers-tucked-in-jersey
CIyG5dNWwAAk2Ix.jpg

Rich people are not weird they are just eccentric.

He is also super succesful everywhere he goes.

Cowherd's cliches didn't play because harbaugh wasn't familiar with them. You have to listen to a lot of talk radio to get some of that stuff. He also let the bad answers hang, and moved on to the next "aren't I cool" question. That said, harbaugh sounded disinterested and made no attempt to clean it up. Both guys came out looking bad.

Anybody who thinks Harbaugh recruits better than Flood due to his "personality" and closing skills is delusional.
Harbaugh comes across as a boring self-absorbed assho!e, the only reason he gets players is because he is at Michigan
and has been successful winning games at his previous jobs. I would never want my sons to play for that zero.

That's not exactly a minor consideration....

That's not exactly a minor consideration....

Reactions: bac2therac
why are some RU fans so concerned how others coaches handles themselves...its all about recruiting and winning games, nothing else

As a 49er fan he took a team that couldn't piss their way out of a wet paper bag to the super bowl. If he wins at Michigan and manages to beat Ohio State he can use the confederate flag up there for all the Michigan fans will care.

Heh isn't that the truth.

In 07 we heard the excuse that AD Bill Martin was busy sail boating, and the hiring of Miles was flubbed due to it. For the next3 yrs we got to watch 5 foot 8 inch tall guys that weighed 175 lbs try to tackle the huge Rbs in the B1G.

That wasn't enough, in 11 we got a cheerleader to make us feel good about being Michigan fans. Well until it became obvious that not only were we not getting better each year, but guys were regressing. We got 4 yrs of that.

So yeah, I would bet some of my fellow fans are offering to use the PSU showers as long as it gets us a winning team again.

OK maybe it isn't that bad yet, but dammit man, this chit is old. :cry:

On one hand, he was involved in a bad interview. On the other hand, he is going to end up with a top 5 recruiting class, including a better haul from nj than ru has ever drawn in its history.

I got to ask. Where is the respect? Partridge pushed for a position on the field but didn't at Michigan. Why would he try to get that with Kyle and not Jimmy. That guy just has no respect and knows he has the leverage with Kyle.

ADVERTISEMENT