ADVERTISEMENT

Have y'all Knights enjoyed your first full year @ the B10?

12375CAT

Senior
Feb 15, 2012
CHAMPS001_zps6db155a3.jpg

Reactions: NickyNewark51
haven't enjoyed being called "ya"ll knights" but have enjoyed the first full year @ the B10

yes sir. Having this kind of stability and financial windfall is more than I ever thought Rutgers would reach

Most importantly, the first season showed us how far we have to go in so many sports. I think it woke up a lot of our fans. Football did well, so did women's basketball. After that wrestling represented and one or two others. Other than that it was a wake-up call. Hopefully some really big improvements are in store for the coming year.

haven't enjoyed being called "ya"ll knights" but have enjoyed the first full year @ the B10
Really, Blitz, a guy from another fanbase comes over to engage us in conversation, with no manifestly bad intentions, and you lead with that? Can we at least TRY to be a bit more welcoming and civil?

As to the OP, I love being in this conference. It's a learning curve and an adjustment, but for me one of the biggest sources of joy is playing good and great teams almost every week. I would rather lose to good teams than have a slate of weak teams on the schedule. We will get better in time--in another eight years or so, and assuming someone figures out how to keep the top Jersey guys home, I can see us having a shot at 10 wins. But who could complain that we have the #1 team in the country coming to our house this season? It gives us a shot at recognition and competition on whole new level, and when the money starts coming in it will give us a chance to upgrade facilities, salaries, and other things that lead to on-field success.

Thanks for stopping by, BTW, and I have no problem whatsoever with y'all--many of my best friends are southern and say this, and I personally love it.

As a season ticket holder for both wrestling and football, last season was a delight in terms of the quality and atmosphere of games and matches I got to enjoy live. Both programs will grow because of the new affiliation.

But as others stated, the remaining programs are in a huge talent and resource deficit so it will be a long road for our AD to compete in the aggregate.

One thing is for sure. RU athletics will survive and thrive long term now that we have been welcomed to the big boy table. It's now time for NJ to realize the gift we received and start to support their state school.

Reactions: trentonrufan
Well, let's just say I bought season tickets for me and my family for the first time this year. The only thing I am really hoping for right now is that the weather is good so that my wife can come to love being at the games and we can get a tradition started. Once she's hooked, the cold and nasty weather won't be a problem. Winning is not in doubt.

Cat - thanks for stopping by our board. The pat year was very enjoyable (especially the win vs Michigan) but we do have a lot of work to do to get up to speed with the rest of the B1G.

By the way, my favorite bowl game was RU vs KSU in the Texas Bowl as I met some great Wildcat fans and it was a hell of a game. Crazy that your Head Coach in that game, Ron Prince, later became our OC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT