ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkins to Michigan per Todd Hunt

Mack & Bah are nowhere near as good as Hawkins. When the pads strap on, those two can't do what Hawkins does. He is a national prospect for a reason. Hawkins and Cam Chambers from Timber Creek are Leontee Carroo clones. Ready to contribute right away... With that being said, lets pray these project athletes from NY pan out. With have no other choice but too

Does anyone know exactly why the recruits are not coming here? I don't mean a politically correct answer I mean real reasons why they are not coming?

Yes, Rutgers isn't viewed as a top football school. It's why anytime an in state kid has another offer from a school like Michigan, Ohio state, penn state etc we have very little chance of landing them. Yes there are exceptions but to start how bout we have more than one season in our entire history that we finish ranked in the top 25. Have a couple years in a row finishing in the top 25 will start to change the process but it's a long road. Realistically we are at least 10 years away from ever seriously contending for a big 10 title. I know that's not what people want to hear but it's the truth

Yes. I rely on Rivals and seeing what other schools offered. Rutgers is competing against UConn and Cuse for Bah and Mack. Hawkins has Auburn, Ohio St and ND offers. That means elite to me. Rutgers would drop Mack like a bad habit if Hawkins wanted his spot.

Don't u know u aren't allowed to talk that way on this board? You must be a troll! Haha jk

Does anyone know exactly why the recruits are not coming here? I don't mean a politically correct answer I mean real reasons why they are not coming?
CG29ZjfVIAA6ya5.jpg

Im sure you know the real reason.. As do we all.. But just in case you seriously can't figure it out.. Rutgers football team doesn't have a real Head coach.. Recruits, who appear to have bright futures in football ahead of them, will not touch Rutgers with a 10ft pole. See with Schiano we had a punchers chance with high level recruits, because he was viewed as a somebody, and he had a strong demeanor. Kyle Flood is the invisible man. It really does matter who the head coach is, especially when your an underdog like Rutgers

We can't compete. Michigan is the Honda Accord of college football. Elite in every respect.

That's the way I read what you wrote.
It seems like you were saying our current recruits don't have a bright future.
And you also should check the length of that pole. They're a lot closer than 10 feet.

Mack & Bah are nowhere near as good as Hawkins. When the pads strap on, those two can't do what Hawkins does. He is a national prospect for a reason. Hawkins and Cam Chambers from Timber Creek are Leontee Carroo clones. Ready to contribute right away... With that being said, lets pray these project athletes from NY pan out. With have no other choice but too

Lmfao @ Carroo clones. There are s handful of players that good in the country. We'll see if they have as good of college careers. Project athletes? Get your head out of your ass, or go root for Michigan

And you also should check the length of that pole. They're a lot closer than 10 feet.

Example since flood has been coach? literally two 4 star recruits since he took over as coach. We can't compete for a division title without more big time guys

Im sure you know the real reason.. As do we all.. But just in case you seriously can't figure it out.. Rutgers football team doesn't have a real Head coach.. Recruits, who appear to have bright futures in football ahead of them, will not touch Rutgers with a 10ft pole. See with Schiano we had a punchers chance with high level recruits, because he was viewed as a somebody, and he had a strong demeanor. Kyle Flood is the invisible man. It really does matter who the head coach is, especially when your an underdog like Rutgers

Can somebody explain to me why NUTS is banned for life but this asshole is still here?

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
Only on the Rutgers board you find a group of fans who ignore recruiting service rankings when it doesnt fit their kool aid recipes

Only on the Rutgers board you find a group of fans who ignore recruiting service rankings when it doesnt fit their kool aid recipes

We have 16 recruits in the '16 class. Four of them are 2*, the other 12 are 3*. That gives us the #33 class in the country - and that's with Anthony Russo's ridiculous 2* rating.

Nobody is "ignoring" the recruiting service rankings.

IMHO Only on the Rutgers board do you find a group of fans who think recruiting service rankings were handed down by God to Moses as the infallible law of God - to be used by the people to smite that agent of the devil Kyle Flood. That is, as long as the ratings fit their "hater" agenda.

The fact of the matter is that this may be the most talented Top 10 recruits that NJ produced in over a decade. A decade in which RU has been a steady winner and has moved into the second best football conference in the nation. It looks very likely that Flood will not get ONE commit out of the Top 10. THAT IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!

What's was the expectation anyway ? Flood has not gotten a Top 10 New Jersey recruit for 3 consecutive years,
That's 0 for 30. It is what it is. It will never happen with Flood. Let's move on and focus on the recruits that we can get and want to play here; a solid class of 3 star and under the radar players.

They didn't. But they were recruited by Patridge who was denounced by such northern Catholic powers. How does that seem to be working out now?
If you think CP is the reason those kids went to Michigan you are fooling yourself. Akso, can we stop with the false narrative that he isn't here bc if some HS coaches opinion? It's disingenuous and makes people look like they have a false agenda. He isn't here bc he accepted a position and then backtracked and demanded a coaching postion. It's that simple.

As long as we are winning 6+ games consistently, there is no reason for getting less than 2 of NJ top 10 and 5-6 of NJ top 20. I don't expect RU to win the Big10 anytime soon, but recruiting has been lackluster. Stop it with the whole "people from NJ want to leave the state" nonsense. Every state has a handful of kids that want to get away and a handful that truly want to be close to their families and/or represent their home state. Hell, some recruits NEED to stay in their home state (children, etc.) 3-4 4* recruits and a mix of 3* with P5 offers is all I ask, I really don't think that is too much.

We'll be fine if we get 2-3 of the top 10 PRODUCERS of each NJ class. There have been a ton of 4-star flame outs from NJ...

Reactions: Dr. Potato
As long as we are winning 6+ games consistently, there is no reason for getting less than 2 of NJ top 10 and 5-6 of NJ top 20.

There is absolutely zero substance to this post. None at all.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - "We have to get / should get / need to get the top NJ recruits" is nothing but a strawman. It's utter bullshit.

The only thing we need to get is kids who can play. Flood has acquitted himself quite well in evaluating talent. The rest is just noise, from people who really don't want anything more than to be heard making noise.

So to all those people...

We hear you. You're annoying.

As long as RU is only winning 8-9 games and not in contention for a major bowl game or B1G title, don't expect the stars to come out for RU FB.
Flood looks like he's bringing in the talent that , with proper development, will make RU look like a contender, which will
bring in those elusive 4 star recruits that help keep the top programs, top programs.
No one should expect the 4 stars to jump on RU's bandwagon, till RU shows it can become one of the top B1G programs and develops the talent that commits to it

I just don't get the argument that we shouldn't expect 4* players. Schiano was getting us around 3 4 stars per year once the ball started rolling in 2006. Wasn't our entrance to the Big10 supposed to help recruiting? Can we win with a bunch of out of staters? It's possible. Is it likely? Hell no. Hopefully Flood adjusts (like he did by hiring Fridge) and we can all be happy with recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT