ADVERTISEMENT

Heads Up re: Early Renewals for Men's BB Season Tix

Skull83

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
I just received the email offering 5 bonus points if I pay my required seat donations and a $100 per seat deposit by June 30th for renewing my men's basketball season tickets.

The reason for the heads up is that this donation will apparently count in the current (14-15) fiscal year since it will be made by June 30th (although it is presumably too late to count for 2015 football priority points). Anyone who has already made their donations for this year should take into consideration their plans for next year in deciding the timing of their seat gifts for basketball. Both the April 30th football priority points deadline and the June 30th overall deadline need to be considered for this year and next.

I just received the email offering 5 bonus points if I pay my required seat donations and a $100 per seat deposit by June 30th for renewing my men's basketball season tickets.

The reason for the heads up is that this donation will apparently count in the current (14-15) fiscal year since it will be made by June 30th (although it is presumably too late to count for 2015 football priority points). Anyone who has already made their donations for this year should take into consideration their plans for next year in deciding the timing of their seat gifts for basketball. Both the April 30th football priority points deadline and the June 30th overall deadline need to be considered for this year and next.

Pay your RSF seat gift and make a $100 deposit for each seat before June 30th you will receive:
  • 5 Bonus Priority Points to help with 2015 Men's Basketball seat upgrades and parking allocation and 2015 Football away game and Bowl ticket allocation.
  • 2 Complimentary Tickets for each seat deposit made. You can claim 2 complimentary tickets to any Rutgers athletics' home opener (while supplies last). You must call in to redeem complimentary tickets!

I also received the e-mail, but it appears this offer does not apply for anyone who has season tix in the 200 level. I sit in the second row of section 204, which does not require a RSF seat gift.

I received the same email and sit in the first row of section 215.I guess the email was a blanket mailing to all season ticket holders regardless if they would be eligible for bonus points.

You'll still receive the 5 bonus points if you put the $100 deposit down for your seats even if they do not require a seat gift

I have a ticket in the 300's, emailed my ticket rep and was able to put the $100 deposit down. It doesn't come up online but they were more than willing to take my money after contacting them.

If anything they should not turn money away.

I assume the 5 "bonus" priority points are not cumulative -- they only have significance this season. With the Athletics Dept giving away priority points this way, it trivializes the loyalty of those who buy tickets and parking tags each and every year (consecutive year buyers). Sounds like they are equating sending in your dough early this one time with 5 consecutive years of faithfully supporting a bottom feeder program. When are they going to reward long-time supporters? Perhaps spare tickets to meaningful games? Or a free pre-game light buffet? Or discount cards to local bars/restaurants? Or paid membership to the Court Club?

Last edited:
Really Twister? They're giving you a bonus. If you are a loyal season ticket holder, you are more than welcome to earn the bonus (it only requires making a $100 deposit a few months early).

Also, this bonus is only good for this season only, which basically means basketball parking, basketball upgrades, and football bowl tickets (since it is too late for football parking and upgrades).

But as a season ticket holder, your points for consecutive season tickets are cumulative. So if you've had season tickets for 10 years, you got 10 points this year, and you'll get 11 next year and 12 the year after that. Plus you'll get cumulative points for your lifetime giving, and starting this year you'll get cumulative points for consecutive years of donations.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
The number of season ticket holders have to be down to triple digits, right? And that seems too high. Maybe 500?

The number of season ticket holders have to be down to triple digits, right? And that seems too high. Maybe 500?

One of my friends who posts here told me that there are around 800 season ticket holders left. Depending on pricing, I may be getting season tickets but I can't justify the price for the 200 level seats. They need to be cheaper IMO.

Wow, what a sad state of affairs if we have less than 1000 season ticket holders. Hopefully we can build that back up and Eddie can get things going for us.

In the meantime, RU needs to take some more drastic measures to get season ticket holders IMO. If you want to keep donations/higher prices down near the floor, then I guess so be it. But the 200 level needs to be reasonably priced, and the 300 level (if anyone is left up there) should be family zone value pricing for season tickets. It worked for football to fill those family zone sections. Sell those 300 level seats for $150/seat for the season and get some folks in the building early in the season.

One of my friends who posts here told me that there are around 800 season ticket holders left.

800? Simply unreal. We need a shovel in the ground on upgrades yesterday. If things don't go like I hope they will on the 18th at the BOG meeting, we might as well follow Mike Brey's advice.

For comparison sake, I'd be curious how many season ticket holders Wisconsin, Michigan State and Ohio State have. Probably more than the capacity of the building here.

800 sounds about right. 800 season-ticket holders, who purchase roughly 2,000 season tickets. Geoff Brown told me just over 2,000 ducats are season tickets when I spoke with him last year in Seattle before the Washington State football game.

800 sounds about right. 800 season-ticket holders, who purchase roughly 2,000 season tickets. Geoff Brown told me just over 2,000 ducats are season tickets when I spoke with him last year in Seattle before the Washington State football game.

Wow, 800 is remarkably awful.

Donations are due June 30 regardless. The only thing additional you need to do to get the 5 point bonus is pay a $100 deposit now versus paying a month or two later (last year 50% was due in July).
Based on the "priority points" calendar year, if you are a football and basketball season ticket buyer for multiple consecutive years of both making seat gift contributions, doesn't doing what you suggest throw off (diminish) your year-to-year priority points total for next year?

Donations are due June 30 regardless. The only thing additional you need to do to get the 5 point bonus is pay a $100 deposit now versus paying a month or two later (last year 50% was due in July).

The reason for the "Heads Up" in my original post is that people who make their basketball "seat donations" by June 30th will be making them in this fiscal year (14-15). I suspect that many people have already made their donations for this year. By making the additional donation now, it may impact what you have to donate next year and the timing of that donation, particularly if you also have football tickets which have an April 30th donation deadline.

Based on the "priority points" calendar year, if you are a football and basketball season ticket buyer for multiple consecutive years of both making seat gift contributions, doesn't doing what you suggest throw off (diminish) your year-to-year priority points total for next year?

I don't follow you.

Seat donations made July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015 count toward your seat requirements for the 2015-16 season. So you need to make your donation by June 30 to satisfy your seat requirement. Any donation made July 1, 2015, or later counts toward the 2016-17 season.

The 5 bonus points for the 2015-16 season are earned by making your seat donation by June 30, 2015 (which is required anyway) and paying a $100 deposit toward your 2015-16 renewals (which is optional).

I don't follow you.

Seat donations made July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015 count toward your seat requirements for the 2015-16 season. So you need to make your donation by June 30 to satisfy your seat requirement. Any donation made July 1, 2015, or later counts toward the 2016-17 season.

The 5 bonus points for the 2015-16 season are earned by making your seat donation by June 30, 2015 (which is required anyway) and paying a $100 deposit toward your 2015-16 renewals (which is optional).

I don't follow you.

I think it particularly becomes an issue for anyone with basketball seats that require a donation that also has football season tickets. I already paid basketball seat donations during this fiscal year (for the 14-15 season). If I want the bonus points, I will now have to pay my 2015-2016 basketball seat donations during the same fiscal year as my 14-15 seat donations. This doubling up would significantly boost my priority points for next year for basketball. However, the extra donations would be after April 30th, so it presumably won't count for football. (The email indicated that the "bonus points" would count for 2015 football away game and bowl ticket allocation, but there is no indication that the same would be true of the priority points earned for the donations.) By moving the seat donation into the prior fiscal year, they are changing the timing of the donations. This could affect what people have to give in the next fiscal year in order to maintain their priority points for the following year.

I think it particularly becomes an issue for anyone with basketball seats that require a donation that also has football season tickets. I already paid basketball seat donations during this fiscal year (for the 14-15 season). If I want the bonus points, I will now have to pay my 2015-2016 basketball seat donations during the same fiscal year as my 14-15 seat donations. This doubling up would significantly boost my priority points for next year for basketball. However, the extra donations would be after April 30th, so it presumably won't count for football. (The email indicated that the "bonus points" would count for 2015 football away game and bowl ticket allocation, but there is no indication that the same would be true of the priority points earned for the donations.) By moving the seat donation into the prior fiscal year, they are changing the timing of the donations. This could affect what people have to give in the next fiscal year in order to maintain their priority points for the following year.

You are confused on the timing of donations.

Donations made during a fiscal year (July 1 to June 30) count toward priority points for athletic season during the following fiscal year.

So, Donations made during the July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015 fiscal year count for Football and Basketball seasons during 2015-16. (And the donations for your 2014-15 basketball tickets were made in 2013-14).

I have football and basketball tickets, so I had to make my football seat donations for the 2015-16 season prior to the April 30, 2015 deadline (which is in the 2014-15 fiscal year). I also make my basketball seat donations at that time. (I actually made the donation in December 2014.) So my basketball seat donations for the 2015-16 season have already been paid. I still need to pay the $100 deposit to earn the bonus priority points.

http://www.scarletknights.com/development/deadlines.html

Last edited:
I really hope that Eddie can get it done but after 35 years of season tickets, I am done.
I have had four tickets court side since 1980 and I am finally giving them up. I will still attend games and root for the team but on a more limited basis.

Basically, the 5 priority points are garbage if you are a 200 level season ticket holder, however the $100.00 does count as a donation even though its just a deposit on your tickets, so if you have 2 tickets, you will get .2 cumulative priority points. Not such a big deal, but it does add in to the total.

Basically, the 5 priority points are garbage if you are a 200 level season ticket holder, however the $100.00 does count as a donation even though its just a deposit on your tickets, so if you have 2 tickets, you will get .2 cumulative priority points. Not such a big deal, but it does add in to the total.

I think just about everything in your post is incorrect.

Whether you are in the 100 level or 200 level, the bonus 5 priority points are worth the same. The priority points aren't used for seat renewals. But the bonus priority points count the same for everyone for BB parking assignments, if you are looking to move your seats, and for assignment of FB bowl tickets.

The $100 deposit does not count as a donation. Only your donation counts as a donations. The $100 deposit is just a deposit on the ticket price.

When are season ticket renewals actually due...?
As soon as they know what the home schedule is they'll know how much to charge us for season tickets. If we have 17 home games it is a different price than if we have, say, 18, which is also reflected in what the parking pass costs. If I had to guess, I'd say we'll be notified in August and have till sometime in September to pay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT