ADVERTISEMENT

Heart of Dallas Bowl.

G- RUnit

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2004
12/26 at 2:20 p.m. That would be really tough one to attend. More difficult than Detroit. Really hope we can avoid. The one negative of the B1G experience is that the lesser bowls are no better than the lesser bowls of the AAC/ Big East. Hope that improves.

The good news is most of the new Bowl contracts stipulate a new B1G team every year, except for 1 repeat performance through the length of the contract. So once we go, the odds of having to go again are small

Not likely our NYD games are the most of any conference if you can't make NYD the bowls are really low. Shoot for NYD means better then top half on league

12/26 at 2:20 p.m. That would be really tough one to attend. More difficult than Detroit. Really hope we can avoid. The one negative of the B1G experience is that the lesser bowls are no better than the lesser bowls of the AAC/ Big East. Hope that improves.
Good news is - the Big 12 is in this bowl this year, not the Big Ten.

This year the Big Ten will be in the Armed Forces Bowl instead and that bowl is closer to NYD tan Christmas (Jan 2 last time, but Dec 29 or 30 before that.) Scheduled to be against a MWC school, which also would be an interesting intersectional matchup against a new opponent for us as a 6-6 team.

Pretty sure Heart of Dallas is a split tie-in with the Armed Forces Bowl in alternate years. That means a B1G team would go to Fort Worth this year.

Thanks for info. Guessing San Fran would kill to get Michigan and Harbaugh this year if they have the opportunity. Might even sell out the place? If similar to last year, do RU, Maryland and Illinois compete for Yankee, Fort Worth and Detroit? Illinois can't go back to Texas or is Fort Worth considered a different bowl? In a worst case scenario do we almost automatically go to Fort Worth?

Well, I'm gonna catch hell for saying this, but I think it's going to be touch and go to become bowl eligible this season. So I'll be overjoyed to get into any bowl anywhere at anytime.

Next year, however, I think we're going to surprise the nation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT