ADVERTISEMENT

Here's hoping, do us proud! 3/8/19

yeah that ended it there but not a fan of those kind of run the shot clock down and throw up prayer.

just an ugly game all around both teams missed so many point blank layups and bricked 3 pointers

If RU plays at this level vs Iowa, they will lose by 15-20 points. Can get by against tired Purdue but that an uneven performance on offensive end.

Still RU has not gone this far in a tourney in a long while and they overcame adversity. Each game is different and RU is going to have to watch the fouls tomorrow with BIG GIRL tomorrow.

Congrats on the win and beat Iowa tomorrow. This game was 42-41 and RU turned on the jets on both ends

Reactions: RUJMM78
Purdue won that battle, but RU up by 4 and still winning the war. Wow that 3 was clutch!!!!

Purdue still looking quick after 11 quarters of play.

Time for RU to take control!
Prophetic words of wisdom!
Lots of respect for Purdue!!!
Now on to the rematch with Iowa!!!!!!

It was the chin. And unless you're joking about the nose and lips not being part of the head.
People get hit in the mouth all the time. You had one Purdue player fighting for the ball down low and our player raised it and moved it away.. the second player had her head in there.. pure accident... simple foul call was enough... was the right thing to call there.

B1G victory #1 for RU. Next up Iowa. RU wins 64-49 over Purdue. For the semi-final game, the Scarlet Knights need to hit their FTs and raise the 3-pt% a fair amount. Will likely be tough to score inside. Need to drive and draw the foul and hit from outside.

Congratulations team!

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Ok, remember that next time you go off on the reffing in the mens game.

Swinging elbow to the mouth is not a foul. Own that position.

Not necessarily an INTENTIONAL foul.

You had one Purdue player fighting for the ball down low and our player raised it and moved it away.. the second player had her head in there.. pure accident... simple foul call was enough... was the right thing to call there.

Reactions: rondi
a win and that makes me happy.
Won't say RU played great, but played good enough to win and win by 15.
The 15 was because Purdue couldn't put it in the basket .
Anyway you look at this game, it's a win and hopefully better play next game

Reactions: RUJMM78
Not necessarily an INTENTIONAL foul.

You had one Purdue player fighting for the ball down low and our player raised it and moved it away.. the second player had her head in there.. pure accident... simple foul call was enough... was the right thing to call there.
Fyi...here's the rules:

"In basketball, a flagrant foul is a personal foul that involves excessive or violent contact that could injure the fouled player. A flagrant foul may be unintentional or purposeful;"

It was called .Flagrant 1. Not an intentional foul.

Congrats to CVS, Eatman, coaches and the team.. even the band and cheerleaders and fans there.. well done by all!

Hope the ladies go ice up, hit the sack or whatever is needed to be fresh tomorrow night.

Fyi...here's the rules:

In basketball, a flagrant foul is a personal foul that involves excessive or violent contact that could injure the fouled player. A flagrant foul may be unintentional or purposeful;

thanks for the explanation , I was pissed because I thought she was just protecting the ball a little strong , but guess the violent contact part made it a flagrant foul.

thanks for the explanation , I was pissed because I thought she was just protecting the ball a little strong , but guess the violent contact part made it a flagrant foul.
Absolutely. This used to just be hard fought rebounding. Now you have hook and hold reviews, flagrant, intentional, last touched, on the 3pt line, in the cylindar, arm bars, hand checking...I'll stop there.

Its just the way things are these days.

Fyi...here's the rules:

"In basketball, a flagrant foul is a personal foul that involves excessive or violent contact that could injure the fouled player. A flagrant foul may be unintentional or purposeful;"

It was certainly aggressive but not intentional. Is what it is though. Thanks for clarifying it.

Go RU!
Diane

Guess they don´t have metal detectors in the arena because I think Wilson just threw a dagger.
They actually do have metal detectors in the arena and the players have to go through them as well.

Fyi...here's the rules:

It was actually called unsportsmanlike. That’s what the arena announcer said after the officials conferred with him.

It was actually called unsportsmanlike. That’s what the arena announcer said after the officials conferred with him.
Yup. Have you looked up unsportsmanlike foul in basketball? I can't tell you why he said that...it was a bizzare term used but the first thing you get when you do look it up is flagrant foul.

I didn’t know much about Tim Eatman. His dedication to CVS and his motivation techniques are quite refreshing. A pleasant surprise. Love the high tempo “on the fly” changes to wear down the opponent.

Well here you go and I just learned something myself.

NCAA
The NCAA's Playing Rules Oversight Panel adopted the "flagrant" term before the 2011-12 season for both men's and women's basketball.[3] However, the NCAA's women's rules committee abandoned the term "flagrant", effective with the 2017–18 season, in favor of FIBA's "unsportsmanlike" and "disqualifying" terms.[4] These fouls are counted as personal fouls and technical fouls.

• A flagrant 1 foul (men's) or unsportsmanlike foul (women's) involves excessive or severe contact during a live ball, including especially when a player "swings an elbow and makes illegal, non-excessive contact with an opponent above the shoulders".
Are we all good now? First time long time seeing RU not getting screwed by refs...but they got this one correct.

Reactions: MADHAT1 and Bon1674
Well here you go and I just learned something myself.

NCAA
The NCAA's Playing Rules Oversight Panel adopted the "flagrant" term before the 2011-12 season for both men's and women's basketball.[3] However, the NCAA's women's rules committee abandoned the term "flagrant", effective with the 2017–18 season, in favor of FIBA's "unsportsmanlike" and "disqualifying" terms.[4] These fouls are counted as personal fouls and technical fouls.

• A flagrant 1 foul (men's) or unsportsmanlike foul (women's) involves excessive or severe contact during a live ball, including especially when a player "swings an elbow and makes illegal, non-excessive contact with an opponent above the shoulders".
Are we all good now? First time long time seeing RU not getting screwed by refs...but they got this one correct.
If the refs had done their job, they would have whistled a held ball before the foul occurred.

Reactions: motorb54
What part of it was not a held ball?

Oh it was a held ball. Problem is only being held by 1 player lol.
And even it the ref blew the whistle...your projecting that the elbow swing wouldn't have happened and she would have just immediately stopped.
That would still be an "unsportsmanlike" foul even after the whistle.

Two different opinions. That's fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT