ADVERTISEMENT

How did rettig end up at Rutgers?

superfan01

All American
May 29, 2003
Excited to see him tonight but part of me is always a touch skeptical of highly rated transfers actually panning out. Curious how rettig ended up at Rutgers? He is from California and was commuted to LSU. What was our connection to him? Does he have any jersey or Rutgers ties?
What caused him to leave LSU and did other schools try to recruit him on r he left?

Reactions: 40Berg
Excited to see him tonight but part of me is always a touch skeptical of highly rated transfers actually panning out. Curious how rettig ended up at Rutgers? He is from California and was commuted to LSU. What was our connection to him? Does he have any jersey or Rutgers ties?
What caused him to leave LSU and did other schools try to recruit him on r he left?
He knew some of the coaches from when he was initially recruited. His brother played at BC and also was recruited by us. I also think he might have had a relationship the the fridge. Finally, he left LSU bc they switched OC's and went with a more mobile QB offense. He had plenty of suitors but with Nova leaving this year it was his best option for immediate time.

I think hisbrotherplayed played for Brock when he was OC at BC. That's where the connection was made.

He knew some of the coaches from when he was initially recruited. His brother played at BC and also was recruited by us. I also think he might have had a relationship the the fridge. Finally, he left LSU bc they switched OC's and went with a more mobile QB offense. He had plenty of suitors but with Nova leaving this year it was his best option for immediate time.
That's not entirely true. LSU did NOT change their offense last season. They ran the same offense as they did previous years which was called " run the s out of the ball and throw 7 times a game".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT