ADVERTISEMENT

how's your fandom?

RU a RUTGERS alum or a fan because you grew up in Jersey?

• an alum

• grew up in JERSEY with state pride

• have ties to JERSEY/RU and love it with pride

Results are only viewable after voting.
Born in jersey and ended up moving to PA in 2002. Oddly enough I didn't become a rutgers fan until 2004 where I followed the Bball team and just kept up with a couple games for the football team. Then followed the 06 team closely and fell in love. Watch every game for the last 5 years now and hooked

Reactions: R1776U
As a Newark News and NSL delivery boy at 7 yrs till 12 I loved following the sports page and RU was OUR TEAM in CFB...Dave Klein was a favored sports writer along with Jerry Izenberg..then came the great season of 76/77 in hoops and FB. I loved the old HS All State teams coverage back then. I worked at the Newark News before they went out of business on Market St and met several writers back then! I grew up in Belleville in the fifties through the seventies. I love the fact we ended up in the B1G.

Reactions: beaced and R1776U
None of the above. Grew up in NY. Typical Pro Sports fan but if I had to choose a college game to watch, it was always ND football with Mich a close second and UConn BB.
Moved to NJ in 04, didn't know what a Rutgers was. One day my stepson said Rutgers instead of USF, GaT, Maryland and finally figured out what a Rutgers was.
Casually follow lol

None of the above. Grew up in NY. Typical Pro Sports fan but if I had to choose a college game to watch, it was always ND football with Mich a close second and UConn BB.
Moved to NJ in 04, didn't know what a Rutgers was. One day my stepson said Rutgers instead of USF, GaT, Maryland and finally figured out what a Rutgers was.
Casually follow lol
at least you saw the light:D

NJ born and bread, became an RU fan while constantly defending the quality of high school football played in our state while away playing baseball.

Reactions: R1776U
Moved to East Brunswick from Astoria, Queens when I was 13. Rutgers was a dream school for everyone in our family. When NYC relatives came to visit, we would take them to the Rutgers pig farm and tour Douglass and New Brunswick campuses. No one in the entire family of 30 or so first cousins (third generation Americans) had ever gone to college so Rutgers was adopted as the family university. Back then it was all-male and admission standards were very high. Very few in my high school graduating class were admitted. When I graduated RU, the entire clan attended graduation at Rutgers stadium. Since then, my brother graduated RU and my 2 oldest daughters. Between us we have 7 degrees in total from RU. After retirement my father found employment working part-time for the university for another 10 years. Rutgers remains our family university.

Moved to East Brunswick from Astoria, Queens when I was 13. Rutgers was a dream school for everyone in our family. When NYC relatives came to visit, we would take them to the Rutgers pig farm and tour Douglass and New Brunswick campuses. No one in the entire family of 30 or so first cousins (third generation Americans) had ever gone to college so Rutgers was adopted as the family university. Back then it was all-male and admission standards were very high. Very few in my high school graduating class were admitted. When I graduated RU, the entire clan attended graduation at Rutgers stadium. Since then, my brother graduated RU and my 2 oldest daughters. Between us we have 7 degrees in total from RU. After retirement my father found employment working part-time for the university for another 10 years. Rutgers remains our family university.
nice!

ADVERTISEMENT