ADVERTISEMENT

I am so happy for otis Livingston.

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
Otis has committed to George Mason university. I am so happy for him and think he will do outstanding.

Reactions: RUissy
"Otis, my man!"

(and had you gotten you wish we could have had Otis and the Knights of Livingston)

Would've liked to see him at RU. If not starting pg, backup. Good stuff, Art.

I would have loved seeing him at RU too. He could have given Sanders a rest for say 10-12 minutes a game. The kid is good and I firmly believe he will show that at George Mason. We could have had him too but we dropped the ball. I think in the long run we will be sorry.

Otis vs. the Kansas State PG transfer. Other than the fact that our transfer has to sit out a year and only has two left, would somebody like to compare the two? (Size, style, etc.)

Probably, Art. I know how high you were on him. I have a feeling well be hearing his name in the future. We do have a lot of options at 1-2 I think, but still. And how big ten ready our options are we will soon find ut.

Phila- Nigel Johnson- see him as more of a shooter/scorer but I know OL can score. Also, Nigel Johnson is someone proven at the D1 level. At least moreso than OL who has yet to see d1. Combo guard

OL- will be a freshman at a low-mid major.Seems to be a high IQ player who is a great distributor. Also from a great HS program in Linden.Probably strictly point guard.

We'll have to wait a year to see Nigel Johnson, but I think he will be decent for us. By the time he is playing with the knights I think he will give us 8-10 points a game and a couple of assist. Also seems to protect the ball well-which is HUGE.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search...securitytb__4_2__ya__cx__yrgc&p=nigel+johnson

That is a link with Nigel Johnson from HS. I think if EJ can minimize Ego's, Nigel Johnson and Corey Sanders could be a 1-2 to be reckon with. Add Mike Williams and you have a good 1-2 that can handle the ball and keep To's low.

I will have fun watching this upcoming year, but 2 years from now we could see 16+ wins you would think.Guards game.

I think he's a good player but not a kid who can play in the Big Ten.

George Mason is a good fit for him IMO.

Heady player. Can add size. I thought he'd be good back up. His small team beat Isiah Briscoes large team.

Then don't complain at midseason that " we have no talent "

If a coach doesn't believe a kid can be a starter for him and his team won 2 conference games this year why would you recruit him ?

Personally, I think a team should always have a good backup point guard. Sanders cannot play 40 minutes a game and we don't really have another true point guard. He could have been very important.

Td, definitely have a point. It's a guards game. Unless Williams plays Pg, or Batie, we have no PG that has played at the D1 level yet. Also, livingston brings a different game than Sanders.

Kejuan johnson and justin goode were not recruited thinking they could start from day 1. If you only have 5 players scoring points for you in this division, you probably will never see the tournament.

Role players are very important to every team.

Yes, I agree, role players are needed, and every team has them. There are not enough minutes for everyone on the team to be stars, but most kids are recruited because the coaches feel they can be coached, and developed into players who can significantly contribute to the program. If this doesn't happen, then players may develop as Defensive stoppers, or rebounders, or 3 point shooters, who don't play much, but have a role.

But if you look at most of the kids Rutgers was or is recruiting, and the time spent on recruits, it is mostly on kids the coaches think can be significant contributors.

I think Rutgers has a good starting five for next year. They've built in a way that they have decent backups.

We all know how our recruiting has gone. We have focused on big players, got 1 and then focused on some players with good backgrounds, good length, and some decent skills. I think we'll have a better season next year, and a god season the year after that. A better season than this year. Corey Sanders and Nigel Johnson as the top 2 guards, with Mike Williams/Justin Goode as backup. I think that'll be a 16+ win season.

This upcoming season well depend a lot on how we control the ball. If Sanders/Daniels can limit turnovers to 2 a game or so, we'll see a lot of fun games. If they can't, it'll be a 12 win season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT