ADVERTISEMENT

Ian Progin, Hillsborough Coach

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
I am so proud and happy for Ian Progin the Hillsborough coach and former player for RU. In 2011 he was diagnosed with a stage 4 glioblastoma brain tumor. He came back as coach at Hillsborough and has led his team to another sectional victory and in this case by winning 4 road games. I believe his team won the sectional last year too. His team entered the state tournament with a record of 11-12 and are now 15-12 after defeating Freehold last night. That is one amazing story. He and his wife have two young children. His story is very uplifting. I hope he can continue to be an inspiration for all of us.His team will play Cherry Hill East tomorrow at Egg Harbor in the Group IV semi finals.

We are so lucky to have Coach in our school he is an amazing coach that gets the best of every player and every team. Last years team was our first Somerset County Championship Team and this years team is our first Sectional Final winner even though we graduated all our starters from the previous team.

Its hard to explain what makes a special coach but when you see it you know and Coach Progin has IT!

this is a spectacular story from a human and a sports standpoint. 12 seed winning 4 games to win the section!

He is a class act and a very good high school coach. Although, I never liked the 2-3 zone at the high school level, his guys play it exceptionally well. He is truly an inspiration - on things way more important than hoops!

ADVERTISEMENT