ADVERTISEMENT

"IF" We Land Parker...

DirtyRU

All American
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2002
... there is no doubt in my mind that we MUST make a push to bring back MidKnight Madness. Heck, even just with Corey and Bishop we should be bringing it back, but with Parker and Sanders? Shoot, we may be one of the best midnight shows in the nation with those dudes entertaining.

Reactions: RUKeystone
Yeah, but if the team starts to win, it will speak for itself. Midnight Madness is just dunks. Dunks won't win you games. They will excite a crowd, but this program will be brought back by winning obviously.

Plus, it might even be a decent thing for Parker and Sanders to de emphasis their dunking abilities.

Maybe this post is a debbie downer, and that's not really my style, but I want to see wins, not dunks.

As diehard Rutgers fans, we want to see well-played games and wins. With that said, this is 2015 and fans want to be entertained. These guys can entertain unlike most college hoops players in the country. If it takes some rim-wrecking, dipsy-doodle, between the legs, no-look throw downs, I'm all for it. The acrobatic displays might not bring wins, but they'll gain the attention of fans who have never even given two thoughts about RU hoops.

Reactions: jsol_05
I get the entertainment factor. Talking about the season though, if there are three awesome dunks in a game but we still lose by 14, do we oversee the dunks and just remember the loss?

I am oldschool. I'd rather see wins and layups than dunks. A lot lower impact and easier on the knees than a dunk is. I just want to see this team win and the players/program be respected.

I thought midnight madness was the start of everyone's season. I didn't realize we sunk that low.

We could use the good pub with students, get some excitement back.

Reactions: higgins3
That's the best way to market the team in the fall. No one follows recruiting, outside of the die hard fans. If the students see how talented these guys are before the season starts, then they'll show up. It's important to fill the rac early in the season to get some momentum

You guys are right. There is some kind of feeling on campus though when the team loses by 20 points. Kids just don't want to get. To be honest, I was a student last year and I believe I went to every game. Some losses were bad, but the student section was no awful all nights. Just need to get the momentum like you said, and keep it by winning or games being close.

Get the mo by midnight, keep it by winning/keeping it close in the season.

I agree with BK though. As much as these players signed up for summer leagues, the majority of them that are signed up aren't going to their summerleagues. EJ is not focused on stuff like midnight madness/summer leagues. He wants this team jelling and focusing on practicing,etc.

As much as we think it might be a good thing, it probably won't happen.

I personally miss Midnight Madness and wish we could bring it back. But I totally understand EJ wanting to focus on team building and less distractions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT