ADVERTISEMENT

Impressive

satnom

All American
Jun 29, 2002
Listening to Leonte, Darius and Keith being interviewed by Dave Resvine on BTN makes me proud to be a RU alum. Those young men are impressive and exemplify what the RU football program is all about. Quality individuals on and off the field.

GO RU

In fact, all of the Big Ten athletes. Comoared to SEC media days it's night and day. I doubt anybody watched ACC, but still super happy we are in the best conference

They were very good and came across well. Very direct and articulate. Much better at communicating then I was at that age. I'm always impressed at these young people and how they are able to deal with the media.

Just watched the interview on DVR. Makes you proud to be a season ticket holder. Those guys represented their families to the max. All three will be very successful in whatever they decide to do.

Reactions: trentonrufan
Absolutely.

Articulate young men and don't count out Coach Flood either.

He represents the football program and university as a whole extremely well.
I double this. The way they spoke about Flood is very telling. Say what you want about Flood but he cares about his team as people as much, if not more, than as football players; and it's real. Kids that care only about winning and skipping steps with no character will not be attracted to our program. Caroo, Hamilton and Lumpkin make Don Bosco, St. Peters, Rutgers, NJ, their parents, alumni and Flood proud.

Btw, Love Flood'S response to reporters question re: lack of RU attention in BIG when compared to other BIG programs. He basically said RU is getting plenty of attention and becoming more prominent in what is the largest media market in the world.

GO RU

New Recruiting Slogan: RU Football is about more than what you do on the field. It's about what you do in life.
Good idea.With your kind permission,I would like to see "It's how it prepares you for Life."(IMO a little more positive spin on what RU FB does for it's players.After all it's a recruiting slogan for RU FB) LOL

1st class all the way. Prefect picks to represent the football program, the university and New Jersey.
Can't disagree that these 3 did a phenomenal job, but think about some of the awesome guys that could've been selected.
Gause is a 5th year senior and future member of the media himself and he's about as articulate and well-spoken as it gets from a college football player.
Paul James is another 5th year senior and while it's understandable that he wasn't picked because he hasn't seen the field much due to injury, he's a very, very well-spoken guy and no doubt would've done a tremendous job.
Chris Muller is another guy that immediately comes to mind and if I had to guess who would be there next year he'd easily be who I'd put my money on.

Good idea.With your kind permission,I would like to see "It's how it prepares you for Life."(IMO a little more positive spin on what RU FB does for it's players.After all it's a recruiting slogan for RU FB) LOL

Sure. It's just an idea for a recruiting slogan that tells what the philosophy of the program seems to be about. Sure, national championships are nice, but after football is over, what do you have?

Reactions: trentonrufan
ADVERTISEMENT