ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Offers Dylan Harper

Ron’s shot at Indiana this year was on Dylan’s birthday - and he tweeted after the game that “that shot is dedicated to my brother on his birthday” and Dylan retweeted it, along with RHJ dropping his junk on Indiana. I think we’ll be alright !

Mike Woodson played the same position at roughly the same time as Ron Harper Sr. I am sure that played a role in the offer and how much consideration Indiana will get.

This might have something to do with it. Wouldn't shock me if Sr playing for the Cavs and Bulls knew about the fans of Indiana, too.

If that guy is an IU grad, the English department should be fired. That guy was crowing about their national championships and pissing all over Rutgers. Another IU fan living in the past.

Dylan is an outstanding player and will have many offers but Ron was outstanding at Don Bosco as well. I saw him play about 10-12 times when he was in high school and he was really really good. He was not recognized for a long time as to how good he was. Near the end of the time before he committed one of the rating services elevated him to a 4 star. From the very first time I saw him I was hoping he would choose RU. Ron loved his time at RU and just maybe Dylan might choose us as well. Playing before a sold out arena every night just might make him decide to stay in New Jersey. I will never count him out.

Rutgers definitely has a shot with Dylan, but I'd also be surprised if he comes here. That being said, right now the biggest factor in his decision will be being able to play in front of his family.
Congrats: you were able to twist /turn 540 degrees in your 2 sentence analysis.

Mo

For as good as Ron is -- he's little brother might be a 2 and done college player. But I would keep my expectations modest. Yes his brother played here, but they are also 2 different people. Its not like Max Melton - where the whole family is scarlet knights. The big boys are going to recruit Dylan, and he's said before how he wants to hear from the Duke type schools. I guess we'll see

If that guy is an IU grad, the English department should be fired. That guy was crowing about their national championships and pissing all over Rutgers. Another IU fan living in the past.
In the Twitter thread they tried to ding us by saying, basically, that if Harper comes here he will be playing in half empty arena. Lol. Dylan obviously knows better. Way to shoot your own credibility in the foot buddy.

Now that Dylan is vying for the top recruit in the 2024 class, some of the comments responding to me in the early part of this thread didn't really age well.

Reactions: Scangg
Yes he does.

If the stuff we’re hearing about how Dylan is doing at the USA Under 19 tryouts is true then the kid is going to be dominant player on the college level from the first time he walks on the floor.
I love the pushback that I still get on this when I made that call over a year ago.

Never expected that Dylan would climb this high and potentially be the #1 overall guy in the class when I made the comment. He just continues to elevate his play and is going to be amazing to watch.

In the Twitter thread they tried to ding us by saying, basically, that if Harper comes here he will be playing in half empty arena. Lol. Dylan obviously knows better. Way to shoot your own credibility in the foot buddy.

lol, seriously. Guess he’s unaware that a packed RAC has been chanting his name since he was a HS soph.

Forget which season but we sold out like every home game. Some games with more implications or vitriol between the team it’s almost deafening in the RAC.

Let's see him play at the college level before we make such pronouncements.
We had people here claiming Griffiths would be a one and done when he got the 5th star and was the 30th ranked player in ‘23 when usually the Top 10 guys are one & done but now we need to wait for the likely consensus best player in ‘24 to actually play a college game?

He’s going to be a first round lottery pick with the way his game keeps improving.

Will say I don’t think anyone anticipated this meteoric rise though.
Not taking anything away from Dylan, he is awesome and hope he has a fabulous one and done career at Rutgers, but the last 2-3 years the top level players are all considered very good but not generational, making movement among the top 8 or so players a lot easier because everyone is pretty close. That changes with he 2025 class, where Cam Boozer and Cooper Flagg and both considered to be the top prospects of the last several years, head and shoulders above their own class and considered to be the best high schools prospects in several years. Will be interesting if one or both of them has interest in trying to go straight to the NBA, could change everything. I think the owners haven’t been very motivated to change the rule blocking HS kids from the draft because they just haven’t been that excited about the players coming up. If either of those two want to go, you may see some of the projected lottery teams falling all over themselves to get the rule changed.

Not taking anything away from Dylan, he is awesome and hope he has a fabulous one and done career at Rutgers, but the last 2-3 years the top level players are all considered very good but not generational, making movement among the top 8 or so players a lot easier because everyone is pretty close. That changes with he 2025 class, where Cam Boozer and Cooper Flagg and both considered to be the top prospects of the last several years, head and shoulders above their own class and considered to be the best high schools prospects in several years. Will be interesting if one or both of them has interest in trying to go straight to the NBA, could change everything. I think the owners haven’t been very motivated to change the rule blocking HS kids from the draft because they just haven’t been that excited about the players coming up. If either of those two want to go, you may see some of the projected lottery teams falling all over themselves to get the rule changed.

They didn't change the rule in the latest CBA signed a couple months ago.

6 more years of one and done.

They didn't change the rule in the latest CBA signed a couple months ago.

6 more years of one and done.
Just because they have agreed to it doesn’t mean it is legal, it just hasn’t been challenged. If one of the two sued for restraint of trade with the support several NBA teams it would probably get overturned pretty quickly.

Reactions: NickRU714
Just because they have agreed to it doesn’t mean it is legal, it just hasn’t been challenged. If one of the two sued for restraint of trade with the support several NBA teams it would probably get overturned pretty quickly.
The players union doesn't want the rule changed. They're protecting the jobs of those who are already in the union

Reactions: TRU2RU
He was always labeled with unlimited potential so not sure I agree with above

Did you really think he’d be the number one player in the class? Think we were all pretty blown away when he got to the top 40.

Credit to his parents. For all of his talent and the bball success in his family, he seems to carry himself very humbly and maturely, works hard, and appears to be a great teammate.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Did you really think he’d be the number one player in the class? Think we were all pretty blown away when he got to the top 40.

Credit to his parents. For all of his talent and the bball success in his family, he seems to carry himself very humbly and maturely, works hard, and appears to be a great teammate.
Expected no but not shocked either

Reactions: RUDiddy777
I think you are arguing two separate things. Don't think @Knightmoves said Ron Jr is better than Dylan, but perhaps that can be implied from the shadow comment. Even with the shadow comment, Ron Jr cemented himself as a legend at Rutgers, and Dylan may want to forge his own path, like Davison Igbinosun chose to do.
Finally, while Dylan is a top 50 recruit, he may or may not pan out in college.
Revisiting this since he was named MVP at another high level event, was I on to something almost two years ago to the date...lol.

Let’s let it play out a little before making these statements.
Ok fanboy, let me say it another way.

Maybe the kid wants to create his own legacy outside of RU. Remember Davison Igbinosun who signed with Ole Miss?
So was I correct or just some lunatic making a freak comment? 🤣

Revisiting this since he was named MVP at another high level event, was I on to something almost two years ago to the date...lol.

So was I correct or just some lunatic making a freak comment? 🤣
Holy necropost, Batman! Are you going to grab the mic from @Plum Street , or is this your mic drop? And how will you feel if this jinxes Dylan's college career?😜

Reactions: Knightmoves
There will be about 25-30 games (eliminating cupcakes) where Dylan will have the ability to put his mark on the program. It's looking good that he will move the needle more than just a little. It's still is a limited sample of games.

Aaron Judge is terrible right now (because I drafted him on my team) and has been booed by Yankee fans allegedly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT