ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Chat with PSU FB Player - Franklin

I remember hearing vague rumblings from some HS coaches with PSU connections around the time Sandusky retired that it seemed 'odd' (which on the surface it was; a top d-coordinator for years at a high-profile program seemingly retiring in random fashion) and there was 'more to this' than just the typical 'need a break, want to spend more time at home' statements that you usually get, but I don't think they really fathomed just how deep and twisted it was.

Joe P.

I remember hearing vague rumblings from some HS coaches with PSU connections around the time Sandusky retired that it seemed 'odd' (which on the surface it was; a top d-coordinator for years at a high-profile program seemingly retiring in random fashion) and there was 'more to this' than just the typical 'need a break, want to spend more time at home' statements that you usually get, but I don't think they really fathomed just how deep and twisted it was.

Joe P.

Exactly. I think anyone who followed college football and/or Penn State closely at the time...we all thought it was weird. But you're right, how can one surmise this of all things was going on behind the scenes?

Exactly. I think anyone who followed college football and/or Penn State closely at the time...we all thought it was weird. But you're right, how can one surmise this of all things was going on behind the scenes?

Unfortunately, I don't think we will ever learn just how sick and twisted it was.

Summed it up well. I seem to remember someone saying Sandusky was a bit odd/ peculiar, but that can encompass a wide range of things. I also have a vague recollection of Sandusky being mentioned for the Virginia job, which made his sudden retirement seem even more strange.

This is going back 16 years off of general conversation so it's not like this is ironclad info but I also have a vague recollection of some talk about Sandusky being almost preoccupied with remaining in the Happy Valley area, which obviously takes on a different tone now than it did to the general observer in 1999.

Joe P.

Summed it up well. I seem to remember someone saying Sandusky was a bit odd/ peculiar, but that can encompass a wide range of things. I also have a vague recollection of Sandusky being mentioned for the Virginia job, which made his sudden retirement seem even more strange.

This is going back 16 years off of general conversation so it's not like this is ironclad info but I also have a vague recollection of some talk about Sandusky being almost preoccupied with remaining in the Happy Valley area, which obviously takes on a different tone now than it did to the general observer in 1999.

Joe P.

You don't say. Would be really odd if he was going to be named HC going into the weekend and then suddenly they name Al Groh because the two sides couldn't come to terms on a contract. Imagine that. All those years of never being a HC and applying for a job all that way from TSM and Sandusky played hardball on the contract. I guess those things probably happen quite frequently though for a first time HC. Oddly enough, Joe Paterno was really good friends with the UVA Chancellor at the time and actually met with him for dinner that exact same weekend. What a crazy set of coincidences - especially since the trip to VA was called a recruiting trip for Paterno.

You don't say. Would be really odd if he was going to be named HC going into the weekend and then suddenly they name Al Groh because the two sides couldn't come to terms on a contract. Imagine that. All those years of never being a HC and applying for a job all that way from TSM and Sandusky played hardball on the contract. I guess those things probably happen quite frequently though for a first time HC. Oddly enough, Joe Paterno was really good friends with the UVA Chancellor at the time and actually met with him for dinner that exact same weekend. What a crazy set of coincidences - especially since the trip to VA was called a recruiting trip for Paterno.
What a coincidence that allegations of Sandusky's child rapes go back years before the '98 report to the police by one 11-yr old kid's mom and you're trying to hint that JerkPA did something right by meeting with the UVa Chancellor in 2001 even though you have no details about the meeting. For all you know UVa uncovered more about Sandy and JerkPa played dumb, again.

What a coincidence that allegations of Sandusky's child rapes go back years before the '98 report to the police by one 11-yr old kid's mom and you're trying to hint that JerkPA did something right by meeting with the UVa Chancellor in 2001 even though you have no details about the meeting. For all you know UVa uncovered more about Sandy and JerkPa played dumb, again.

Can you even read? At no time have I held Paterno out as some type of Saint for going to UVA. I was simply passing along information. I have no idea how you could take what I have posted and twist it in a way that would make me look like a Paterno supporter.

Can you even read? At no time have I held Paterno out as some type of Saint for going to UVA. I was simply passing along information. I have no idea how you could take what I have posted and twist it in a way that would make me look like a Paterno supporter.
Then all your posts about JerkPA and the UVa meeting are trying to inform us about what exactly? You're reporting that JerkPa met with a buddy of his at UVa and what happened? Did they discuss Sandusky at all? Did JerkPA tell his buddy that there was more to the story about the dropped charges against Sandusky in '98? Did JerkPA say he believed in Sandusky? Or didn't trust him even though the local DA dropped the charges? Did they ask about how their families were doing? Maybe vacation plans? How's the weather? What? What's your point?

Then all your posts about JerkPA and the UVa meeting are trying to inform us about what exactly? You're reporting that JerkPa met with a buddy of his at UVa and what happened? Did they discuss Sandusky at all? Did JerkPA tell his buddy that there was more to the story about the dropped charges against Sandusky in '98? Did JerkPA say he believed in Sandusky? Or didn't trust him even though the local DA dropped the charges? Did they ask about how their families were doing? Maybe vacation plans? How's the weather? What? What's your point?

Can someone post instructions on how to play connect the dots?

Just a few weeks ago this Pedder was "informing" us that the mystery meeting between JokePa and his UVa pal in 2000 somehow disputed my source who told me that as part of Ped's decades long cover-up of the the pedophile it had been secretly blocking Sandusky from taking other CFB jobs. Nobody can confirm what was discussed at this mystery meeting but whatever JokePA supposedly told his UVa pal in 2000 it wasn't enough to have JokePA reconsider Sandusky's full access to the Ped athletics facilities for the next 10+ years.
giphy.gif

Just a few weeks ago this Pedder was "informing" us that the mystery meeting between JokePa and his UVa pal in 2000 somehow disputed my source who told me that as part of Ped's decades long cover-up of the the pedophile it had been secretly blocking Sandusky from taking other CFB jobs. Nobody can confirm what was discussed at this mystery meeting but whatever JokePA supposedly told his UVa pal in 2000 it wasn't enough to have JokePA reconsider Sandusky's full access to the Ped athletics facilities for the next 10+ years.
giphy.gif

And your source was who exactly there sport? Why don't you spell out exactly what he/she said and who they got it from since you seem to rule the internet. Otherwise, you're FOS IMO.

It really is amazing that some folks on here are about as sharp as a balloon. I've said that Paterno was part of the cover-up. I've said he blocked Sandusky from the UVA job. What does that have to do with his Emeritus status.

O'Brien was just what Penn State needed. So glad he's gone.

I will not pass judgment on Franklin just yet. One season isn't enough. Don't care about chatter.

And your source was who exactly there sport? Why don't you spell out exactly what he/she said and who they got it from since you seem to rule the internet. Otherwise, you're FOS IMO.

It really is amazing that some folks on here are about as sharp as a balloon. I've said that Paterno was part of the cover-up. I've said he blocked Sandusky from the UVA job. What does that have to do with his Emeritus status.
Hey who knows maybe my source about decades of cover-up is the same guy whispering about JokePA's mystery meeting at UVa. How far back did you say Paterno started his cover-up? Did you say he started covering up the pedophile in the '80's, '90's or just after McQueary? I guess I missed it.

Hey who knows maybe my source about decades of cover-up is the same guy whispering about JokePA's mystery meeting at UVa. How far back did you say Paterno started his cover-up? Did you say he started covering up the pedophile in the '80's, '90's or just after McQueary? I guess I missed it.

Funny, because there are two separate PSU posters ITT who have said something about the UVA rumor. I think we (you and I) are splitting hairs here actually considering that neither of us is a Joe Paterno supporter.

Franklin has a reputation in coaching circles as being a massive douche. Not because he recruits well or wins (remains to be seen), but because he is a complete douche.

To that point, they have the perfect coach for their institution. They might win. They might not.

When it goes wrong there, and it will, the wheels will come off real fast.
13-10

Seems like the PSU fans in this thread are simply supporting their team and not venerating a false prophet. There could be some great conversation if some fans can get out of attack mode. And I loathe PSU despite having many good friends who attended.

And that would make you a Ray Bradbury equal, falsifier, and uninformed yo yo.

Funny, because there are two separate PSU posters ITT who have said something about the UVA rumor. I think we (you and I) are splitting hairs here actually considering that neither of us is a Joe Paterno supporter.
I don't consider a 20yr+ cover-up of a pedophile as splitting hairs. So when do you think Paterno's cover-up started?

I don't get BIGRED...'s jumping on kjb. kjb is a good and reasonable poster and is not making any excuses for JP, just passing on and discussing whatever info he has. All the info anyone posts is second hand. I look forward and hope the 3 stooges end up in court and not some nondisclosure plea bargain.

Entirely made up.

In 1998, Sandusky was found guilty of nothing.

To date, there isn't a shred of evidence ANYONE at Penn State enabled Sandusky or turned their backs on anything. Do some research and grow up. Get over your mindless hatred and jealousy.

I don't get BIGRED...'s jumping on kjb. kjb is a good and reasonable poster and is not making any excuses for JP, just passing on and discussing whatever info he has. All the info anyone posts is second hand. I look forward and hope the 3 stooges end up in court and not some nondisclosure plea bargain.
There was a previous thread some weeks ago where kjb was singing a different tune about the mystery JerkPA-UVa meeting IIRC, vaguely hinting that it somehow showed that Ped St had not covered-up the Sandusky molestations to other CFB programs. Perhaps kjb has come around?

Spoke to a current PSU player recently. He said that Franklin and the whole team are pissed off about how their fans were treated in Piscataway and they want to crush us for that. Players are all aware of how bad it was and this years game will be a "vengeance game"

I'm going to the game. Should be a super time

There was a previous thread some weeks ago where kjb was singing a different tune about the mystery JerkPA-UVa meeting IIRC, vaguely hinting that it somehow showed that Ped St had not covered-up the Sandusky molestations to other CFB programs. Perhaps kjb has come around?

You're off base my man. My viewpoint on Paterno and the whole Sandusky mess has been the same since Day 1.

Dear Lord, I just opened this, didn't even read the first 3 pages and of course its turned into a sandusky jerk off fest, all the regulars are in attendance... kjb,pnnylion, howie81, madhat, patrickru, rc, spanky. Don't you guys ever get tired of having the same argument over and over with eachother?

Reactions: mal359
Dear Lord, I just opened this, didn't even read the first 3 pages and of course its turned into a sandusky jerk off fest, all the regulars are in attendance... kjb,pnnylion, howie81, madhat, patrickru, rc, spanky. Don't you guys ever get tired of having the same argument over and over with eachother?

Nope , not when the cult keeps up with the same old BS time after time.
Maybe if you just went on your way and not read the interaction, you'll feel better.[winking]

Nope , not when the cult keeps up with the same old BS time after time.
Maybe if you just went on your way and not read the interaction, you'll feel better.[winking]

Look who's talking, the guy who makes up the same tired fictional BS.

Hey, fool, show me where I've participated in this thread other than showing off the size of my smilies.

Reactions: pnnylion
Hey, fool, show me where I've participated in this thread other than showing off the size of my smilies.

REPORTED for name calling

In all seriousness, what would you set the O/U at for number of times someone has reported me for flaming or trolling ITT? 3.5?

REPORTED for name calling

In all seriousness, what would you set the O/U at for number of times someone has reported me for flaming or trolling ITT? 3.5?
That was not name calling: that was an apt description.

As for reporting you.........I'm watching you buddy.

Watching_zps1r3qf1br.jpg

Reactions: pnnylion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT