ADVERTISEMENT

Is there less traffic on these boards since the format change?

Traffic always goes down this time of year - there's really very little going on to talk about re: Rutgers sports for another couple of months until summer practices start.

Less traffic, since I'm lazy and only regularly look at the most current page and one page holds less than half the threads than it used to, due to inefficient utilization of vertical space - and I assume I'm not the only lazy one around...

lol. Could be worse. Could've adopted a metro/netflix UI style to make viewing as painful as possible.

I'm definitely here less. I almost wait until I know there should be a topic worth reading about instead of just wandering aimlessly as I used to do every day

Less traffic, since I'm lazy and only regularly look at the most current page and one page holds less than half the threads than it used to, due to inefficient utilization of vertical space - and I assume I'm not the only lazy one around...

This

Nuts has apparently been banned, based on what he has been saying on Twitter, so he has adopted Twitter as his forum to call out people that he disagrees with here.

Actually, traffic seems fine on the Roundtable, as the topics deal with Football. This Board, although captioned "Football" seems to be all OT. Spend the money for the Premium Board and you'll find there is plenty to discuss.

time for a pork roll/taylor ham thread?
What's a pork roll ?
Loved Taylor ham & egg with cheese on a hard roll :okay:, but never heard of that pork roll thing.:flush:
If this site offers that pork roll thing, no wonder it doesn't get any traffic.:chairshot:
Next we'll hear of people going to the beach [sick], instead of down the shore[banana]

Nuts has apparently been banned, based on what he has been saying on Twitter, so he has adopted Twitter as his forum to call out people that he disagrees with here.
For someone who is bitching about being banned, Nuts has no problem banning people of his own,lol. Talk about dishing it out, but not being able to take it.

Actually, traffic seems fine on the Roundtable, as the topics deal with Football. This Board, although captioned "Football" seems to be all OT. Spend the money for the Premium Board and you'll find there is plenty to discuss.
I see they are allowed to voice their opinion in the round table. People are strongly discouraged from criticizing Flood on the free board since more recruits would have access. I don't post as much because it's going to be real tough in the future.

I'm definitely here less. I almost wait until I know there should be a topic worth reading about instead of just wandering aimlessly as I used to do every day
With each year though I love HCKF as a man the buzz is completely disappearing! When GS was here anything was possible and "anything"" seemed to grow each yr with Hafley, Angelicchio etc...its about vision. I hope HCKF finally catches on or we get a Wannstedt type recruiter with NY/NJ/Pa "stain" to inject local pride and interest. In the meantime as a fan and Jersey guy I'll have faith in under the radar type's blossoming into 4 stars through coaching.I'm always looking for the "pied piper" recruit to come again. I remember the excitement I felt when Tom Savage was coming here. Anyone remember Berkely Hutchinson?

What actually lead to AYN being banned? I must have been taking a whizz when that went down.

Joe P.

There is less traffic because their are so many a - holes that defend all is good at RU. People that have played the game and want better are getting tired of the basement dwellers professing all is wonderful at RU. They need to get to a game sometime and talk to humans face to face that actually played the game.

this....because you can see less threads, I am actually less compelled to be here. Traffic may be similar but does that include posting. Add to the fact that the infighting still exists where if anyone does not fully agree with showing full support towards Flood they are attacked and run off the board.

Reactions: Ridge 22
everytime I come here I see the autism thread in the first 5 threads if not the first....and its been like that for over a week...to me that's a turn off. Its not your regular off topic that is here and then goes away in a couple of days. Its always here and it does not belong. It seems as if a lot of the off topics aren't going away

this....because you can see less threads, I am actually less compelled to be here. Traffic may be similar but does that include posting. Add to the fact that the infighting still exists where if anyone does not fully agree with showing full support towards Flood they are attacked and run off the board.
And if you post an honest post you will get attacked by the board police which is killing this board. People who can't spell Rutgers Football from their moms basement have taken control of this board and the mods allow it

What actually lead to AYN being banned? I must have been taking a whizz when that went down.

Joe P.
a question I would like to know the answer to as well...

and as to the OP... I think it is both a combo of the time of year, the stuff being posted of late, and the new format. Generally not so good. Hope it changes as we approach the season.

There is less traffic because their are so many a - holes that defend all is good at RU. People that have played the game and want better are getting tired of the basement dwellers professing all is wonderful at RU. They need to get to a game sometime and talk to humans face to face that actually played the game.

Best post of the month.

Reactions: bac2therac

So what you're saying is that all the goodness that comes with the updated forum software isn't worth it because you're too lazy to click your mouse one extra time to get the next page of threads? Really?

In any event, as John posted, based on the logged stats for the site, traffic is the same as this time last year. So... apparently, not everybody is quite so lazy.

Man up and click that mouse! And for the sake of all that is good, invest in a mouse with a scroll wheel. Now, now, now! I should've got you one for your birthday.

I hate the look of the new site. Harder to read and navigate, too many colors and less content per page. I find myself coming here about 1/3 as often and getting my Rutgers info from other sources.

This!

I hate the look of the new site. Harder to read and navigate, too many colors and less content per page. I find myself coming here about 1/3 as often and getting my Rutgers info from other sources.
If I understand you correctly, what you're saying is this. Hit the road, Jack. Scotty don't come back no more, no more.

I'll take the bait since it's a slow day at work.......

To interpret what you are saying......

Basement Dwellers (your connotation seems to be that they are jobless losers who only post and don't attend games nor interact with humans in a face to face manner) have increased both their numbers and posting prowess in a devious plan to troll these boards with the goal of spreading positivity. And in keeping with the theme of this thread......your theory seems to be that these Basement Dwellers are attracted to the new Board Format like termites to rotting wood in order to help propagate their evil plan.

and what will cure the Basement Dwellers is to make a Game Day pilgrimage to visit you and your kind. For as an ex-RU Football player only you are equipped to set them on the path of straight and narrow to help eradicate all of those feel good RU thoughts.

Very interesting thesis.

Reactions: mildone
I'll take the bait since it's a slow day at work.......

To interpret what you are saying......

Basement Dwellers (your connotation seems to be that they are jobless losers who only post and don't attend games nor interact with humans in a face to face manner) have increased both their numbers and posting prowess in a devious plan to troll these boards with the goal of spreading positivity. And in keeping with the theme of this thread......your theory seems to be that these Basement Dwellers are attracted to the new Board Format like termites to rotting wood in order to help propagate their evil plan.

and what will cure the Basement Dwellers is to make a Game Day pilgrimage to visit you and your kind. For as an ex-RU Football player only you are equipped to set them on the path of straight and narrow to help eradicate all of those feel good RU thoughts.

Very interesting thesis.

When the Basement Dwellers visit you face to face on game day you can tell them what it was like to play in a BCS bowl game or a New Year's Day bowl for the pre BCS generation, oh wait, my bad.

Whatever. :grimace:

I'd think some have been turned off, one way or another, whether it were too many sun-shiny folks or too many woe-is-me, the sky is falling folks.

If the traffic is the same, it seems there are less posting. Heck, you'd think there would be more posts with the reply button causing multiple posts accidentally, but threads are definitely moving slower. Maybe some are using the IGNORE function to improve their online quality of life. [eyeroll]

Some of us arent sun-shiney as much as we are aware that ALL the Flood bashing on the planet does change the fact that we can not afford a new coach at this juncture and(unless youve lived in a cave the past 2 decades) when we DO have a coaching opening the big boys arent interested and dont apply.

I follow threads until the name calling gets so distracting I lose sight of what the thread is about. And I agree...there are way too many NON alums, basement dwellers and people who have never played at ANY level that try to come off as authorities that post ad nauseum. Add all the OTs and sometimes this board looks like craigslist.

But with all that this is still the only board with decent info sometimes

I love the new format BTW

funny, I feel the traffic is down for the exact opposite reason. Seems like most of the "positive" people left and it's mostly miserable f$cks now. All one has to do is read the threads and it's obvious the board swings negative.....I mean realist. Plus, look at the number of people who have left, been banned, or come less often and you can see where a good 10 or so topics a day went.

ADVERTISEMENT