ADVERTISEMENT

John Smith retired - Magic Man Hired 🤯

Wow. Big news. Heck of a career. Looking forward to hearing him on the mic during the Olympics. Him and Burroughs were awesome together. Hopefully he'll do NCAAs too.

Edit: sad that AJ was his last champ....

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Wow Taylor will kill it in recruiting. Having a coach with a resume like that is hard to turn down. They'll be a top 5 program.

If we replace Goodale it should be someone like Hahn. Burroughs.. Dake or someone like that would be great too, but who knows if they ever end up as coaches.. just a pipe dream.
Will always love Goodale’s openness.. but if Burroughs ever decides he wants to coach I don’t think any program can turn him down… he might be the only one that can rival Cael.. and he could take his competitive spirit to take down PSU.. 0.0

If you want to contend with PSU you have to build the brand first. Iowa has that. OK St has that. Minnesota sort of has that, and I think Cornell has that plus the added bonus of the Ivy prestige. Every other school either doesn’t have it or is currently building towards it.

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
If you want to contend with PSU you have to build the brand first. Iowa has that. OK St has that. Minnesota sort of has that, and I think Cornell has that plus the added bonus of the Ivy prestige. Every other school either doesn’t have it or is currently building towards it.
I think Goodale did an amazing job in starting to build up the program and "brand", however, I do think it will take a next level coach to get RU into a year-after-year, top 10-12, or higher category. I like coach Pritzlaff because of the experience he brings, if we could couple him with a coach with the resume of a Hahn, Burroughs, etc. then I think RU could start getting the next level recruits and climb from there. No guarantees, of course, but it's how I've envisioned it.

I personally can’t wait for the fire Goodale and hire Coleman Scott discussions that will take place at some point
What will that be like?... 2/3 old guys who nothing but complain about Goodale...Coleman Scott was 75-49 in 8 years ( 14-16 his last 2 ) as UNC Head coach in the ACC ...His 8 years at UNC they probably had about 100 or less people for FREE (family/girlfriends) attending match...He was brought into Oklahoma State to be next HC and didn't impress...Coleman Scott might be lucky if he gets an offer from Hofstra

Last edited:
It seems that the fan base is split 50/50 on Goodale. No one doubts that he has done a lot for the program and brought us a long way. It seems that many of the fans in his corner are insiders or friends that have know him for years. They are loyal and there is nothing wrong about that.

The question to me is should fans settle for and be happy with a top 20 program. Only once in Coach Goodale's 17 years have we finished in the top 10 when we had two national champs. I don't believe that either of our champs remain around the program. It has been point out that many of our top recruits didn't reached their potential. Poster Bigmatt recently documented that Rutgers has a Top Five Wrestling budget among all D1 programs. Poster MS-RU showed that over the last 4 years Rutgers had a top 5 budget with an average 21.75 finish. We all know we have a great practice facility, are in a hotbed of recruitng, and rank in the top 5 in attendance.

Our recruiting class that will enter in September is good. Per FloWresting's May 1st rankings we have: Ayden Smith # 19 @ 120, Mason Gibson # 12 @ 132, Alex Nini # 14 @ 144, Conner Harer # 3 @ 157, and Andrew Barbosa # 9 @ 157. None of our other 2024 recruits are ranked in the top 20. Based on these rankings it is realistic to expect Harer to be a multi-All American. The others have potential and will need to develop. Our two 2025 commits are Tahir Parkin's # 20 at 132 and Jordan Chapman # 16 at 175. Hopefully, we can still snag a top transfer.

It is unlikely that posters will agree on Coach Goodale's future. I hope we can be a regular top 10 program as that is where we belong.

• Haha
Reactions: gogs7 and Leonard23
It seems that the fan base is split 50/50 on Goodale. No one doubts that he has done a lot for the program and brought us a long way. It seems that many of the fans in his corner are insiders or friends that have know him for years. They are loyal and there is nothing wrong about that.

The question to me is should fans settle for and be happy with a top 20 program. Only once in Coach Goodale's 17 years have we finished in the top 10 when we had two national champs. I don't believe that either of our champs remain around the program. It has been point out that many of our top recruits didn't reached their potential. Poster Bigmatt recently documented that Rutgers has a Top Five Wrestling budget among all D1 programs. Poster MS-RU showed that over the last 4 years Rutgers had a top 5 budget with an average 21.75 finish. We all know we have a great practice facility, are in a hotbed of recruitng, and rank in the top 5 in attendance.

Our recruiting class that will enter in September is good. Per FloWresting's May 1st rankings we have: Ayden Smith # 19 @ 120, Mason Gibson # 12 @ 132, Alex Nini # 14 @ 144, Conner Harer # 3 @ 157, and Andrew Barbosa # 9 @ 157. None of our other 2024 recruits are ranked in the top 20. Based on these rankings it is realistic to expect Harer to be a multi-All American. The others have potential and will need to develop. Our two 2025 commits are Tahir Parkin's # 20 at 132 and Jordan Chapman # 16 at 175. Hopefully, we can still snag a top transfer.

It is unlikely that posters will agree on Coach Goodale's future. I hope we can be a regular top 10 program as that is where we belong.
Think someone pointed out that flo’s data had it that if you were a top 10 class recruit your odds of becoming an AA was around 60%.. believe Harer is around 20th… still great potential but not a lock to AA imo. We had 3 top 10 class recruits and 1/3 of them AA.. 2/4 if we count Suriano…

Who's talking about competing with psu? I just want to get into the top 10 more than once in a lifetime.

Unfortunately, the PSU, IOWA, OK State, Cornell take the top P4P wrestlers.
Ashnault, Suriano were almost locks to AA Multiple times.
I assume the misses were Aragona and Winston (INjuries?).

There is zero comparison of SKWC to the other wrestling clubs of the top dogs.
Hopefully Sebastian stays in program and we can bring another top person to help.
Can we poach any of the OK St coaches to our RTC?

We have taken 2 graduate transfer at 197 and 285 to the promised land.
That is a feather in our cap that we can sell to round of 16 wrestlers who want to take the next step.

I am focusing on the positives to sell to recruits.
YEs, there has been negatives as well.
That is for the coaches to look at and improve in that area.
NIL is a new world and i don't know how that helps or hurts are team.
RU has been very aggressive on the transfer front.
Once the extra Covid year wears off, we will see what happens

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT