ADVERTISEMENT

JSBL Last Great Summer 2011

Loved it when I used to see Hinson and Tripucka in the Jersey shore 25 years ago.

Good Read.

http://www.app.com/story/sports/2015/07/16/last-great-summer-jsbl-rutgers-seton-hall/30236573/

I went to many games with my kids watching the RU and Seton Hall players and our friend Mike Nardi. My 5 and 7 year old at the time were so excited to go see Nardi and all the incoming RU players. The place would have RU fans wearing their colors. Too bad things have changed.
Dio...

You pumped about the new Slayer record?

More to the point however...since the NCAA now allows teams to workout during the summer, the need to participate in these pick up leagues has basically fallen away to zero for the high D1 teams. No coach is going to send a bunch of his players to pick up bad habits playing undisciplined basketball away from his program, not to mention risk injury in the process.

There is just too much at stake now

Hey Brian,

Looking forward to Slayer's new album and happy to hear Bruce Dickinson of Maiden is cancer free and they are coming out with album and tour.

Tommy Araya was dating a friend of mine and got me backstage at the Clash of The Titans tour at MSG in 91. Got to meet Layne Staley of Alice In Chains before he died, Anthrax, Public Enemy and Megadeth. So Slayer holds a special place in my heart.

last good JSBL was when they played at Birch Hill in the late 80s and Keith Hughes and Earl Duncan (especially keith) chewed up a league that was a stocked full of current college players

My son spent two weeks a couple different summers at the Bobby Hurley basketball camp in Wall. He'd play all day, have dinner, then we'd go to St Rose to watch a lot of the guys who worked at the camp. Herve was a great favorite with the kids. Hell, I even won the 50/50 twice.

Fond memories.

Went to JSBL recently. There wasn't as much poor play as I expected. Still, no reason for Rutgers players to go down and play with others when they could be developing chemistry with their own players.

Has anyone seen a game in the league DJ 4man and Mike Williams are playing in?

ADVERTISEMENT