ADVERTISEMENT

Just back from Fan Fest

RuBird

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
Little long so bear with me.

Been a rough stressful summer as my brother in law diagnosed with cancer ( wife and I taking him to treatments at Sloan) Mother in Law at 86 having hip replacement surgery and my father in law 92 with dementia. My wife. Daughter and I all teach so at least we could help but very hard. Needless to say we all looked forward to today. Just what the doctor order. Met so many players . Will list some favorites.

Max Melton ( looked like soft cast on left wrist). Told him I did not want to rush his season but when he gets to the pros my Dolphins could use him. He laughed and said their secondary looks strong. I reminded him these are the Dolphins and Ramsey is hurt he laughed and agreed.

Powell. Said I know his dad is his biggest fan as I see his posts on Facebook but I’d like to think I am his second biggest fan. He thanked me.

Jacob Allen. Nicest out of everyone. Could not thank me enough. Told me to keep chopping. I laughed and said I am 58 and graduated from Rutgers so many of those trees down are thanks to me

Patel. Told him to do me a favor and point to the camera when he kicks the winning field goal. He grinned and yelled “Ito Style”. I laughed and said we have to start a tradition.

Bottom line not every player will make the pros. That said the world is a better place because of them. I teach 6th grade and lately manners and respect are hard to come by. Greg and their parents should be proud of each and every player!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News