ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas Spring game news (our 2015 ooc opponent)

jay_hq

All American
Apr 24, 2010
That team was in a bad shape as it is...

"Senior quarterback Michael Cummings, who is fighting for the starting job, had to be helped off the field early in the second quarter after hurting his knee. Even though he was wearing a red jersey to prevent getting hit, Cummings was tackled by senior safety Michael Glatczak."

"Meanwhile, two of the Jayhawks' top offensive playmakers never made it onto the field.

Corey Avery, their top returning rusher and receiver, sat in the stands after he was suspended for an unspecified violation of team rules. Wide receiver Rodriguez Coleman, who was arrested last December, was also suspended from the team.

Beaty said both suspensions are indefinite, and the future of both players is uncertain."

Source:

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/jayhawks-lose-quarterback-cummings-annual-spring-game

Man what a nightmare. That safety is going to get a code red at summer camp.

Incidentally, I'd been predicting the Kansas game to be tougher than people expect. I'm rethinking that.

One time in a scrimmage in college I reached out and tapped the QB on the shoulder as I ran by him on a blitz. I got my ass chewed out for that. Can't imagine what would happen if you actually hit and hurt the guy. The ending scene in Braveheart comes to mind, though...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT