ADVERTISEMENT

Kareem Walker at game

RUchip

All Conference
Oct 15, 2010
Second time the Ohio State committ was on campus within the last month.

Was Guarantano there also? He should be as he will never play for Tenn as they bought in 3 4-star qbs for 2015.

Was Guarantano there also? He should be as he will never play for Tenn as they bought in 3 4-star qbs for 2015.
Who is he? TQBFBC.? Leave him out of this he is actively recruiting for them so hopefully Flood has moved on. Lets focus on the future not the past

I was actually happier most of his Depaul teammates were there. Love to have him but if you told me Walker goes to OSU but we get Dubois and Alexander, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Who is he? TQBFBC.? Leave him out of this he is actively recruiting for them so hopefully Flood has moved on. Lets focus on the future not the past

I agree and I also disagree. WE as fans should move on but Flood shouldn't. The best recruiters don't give up that easily. Perhaps Vols have a terrible season? A change of heart here, a scandal there you never know. Wiegers... was actively recruiting for us. Blacknall was actively recruiting for us.. do I need to elaborate?

The caption under Kareem's picture in Todderick's "article" says: "In speaking to a source with knowledge of the events, there is legitimate interest there - not just from Walker, but multiple other top players in the state. However, no one, so far, has been willing to be the first to commit. But the presence of so many elite players on campus proves that Rutgers is, at least, in the race, but they need the first shoe to drop in order to get the ball rolling. Bullis (Potomac, Md.) quarterback Dwayne Haskins' upcoming decision could have a huge domino effect, especially if he picks Rutgers. "

The caption under Kareem's picture in Todderick's "article" says: "In speaking to a source with knowledge of the events, there is legitimate interest there - not just from Walker, but multiple other top players in the state. However, no one, so far, has been willing to be the first to commit. But the presence of so many elite players on campus proves that Rutgers is, at least, in the race, but they need the first shoe to drop in order to get the ball rolling. Bullis (Potomac, Md.) quarterback Dwayne Haskins' upcoming decision could have a huge domino effect, especially if he picks Rutgers. "
If you read Todderick's article he puts a little bit of 'gossip' journalism into his pieces. I get it. He has to make people interested in reading his pieces. But sometimes I think he puts a little bit too much into his stories. For example when he wrote about Peppers months after his commitment and he had interest in RU still. When Peppers heard about it he tweeted and said it was a joke and the only time he will ply at RU is when Michigan visits.

Great info, but no really "news". We all knew since the JG decision that we need that one piece to get the ball rolling. I've been saying it for months, we need that one leader..hopefully Haskins is it.

TQBFBC? Curious what this means

"That quarterback from Bergen Catholic" who tweeted to all his friends to have a great time at the Rutgers game on Friday, and nobody really gave damn. He is always looking for attemtion, honestly leave him where he is and wish him good luck. People here need to move on from him.

Reactions: redking
"That quarterback from Bergen Catholic" who tweeted to all his friends to have a great time at the Rutgers game on Friday, and nobody really gave damn. He is always looking for attemtion, honestly leave him where he is and wish him good luck. People here need to move on from him.
A true leader is just that .....a leader. JG is not that . Leaders don't wait around for someone else to commit first , they commit. That player will show himself one day and come to the banks .

I use to enjoy reading the SL articles about recruits and most had a positive spin about Rutgers chances but I realized that EVERY recruit says positives comments about their visits. DO NOT TAKE THEIR COMMENTS SERIOUSLY. There are too many fans getting their hopes up base on these articles. We didn't take any of these seriously in the past unless there was a very very good chance of commitment, over 80%.

So if Rutgers gets to the point where your roster and recruiting class is filled with 4-5 Star prospects, will you be posting that other highly rated players shouldn't go there because of the competition at the position?

I use to enjoy reading the SL articles about recruits and most had a positive spin about Rutgers chances but I realized that EVERY recruit says positives comments about their visits. DO NOT TAKE THEIR COMMENTS SERIOUSLY. There are too many fans getting their hopes up base on these articles. We didn't take any of these seriously in the past unless there was a very very good chance of commitment, over 80%.

Very interested in your methodology on arriving at 80%. Standard formula? If you are using one of the media ooutlets?

Very interested in your methodology on arriving at 80%. Standard formula? If you are using one of the media ooutlets?

I dont think we can say "Sanu is on the Job". He is an NFL player and RU alum who has an existing relationship with Haskins. I am sure he can not actively recruit him given his prominent role. Not sure exactly what the recruiting rules are. Jabbie on the other hand is a true ambassador of the program.

I dont think we can say "Sanu is on the Job". He is an NFL player and RU alum who has an existing relationship with Haskins. I am sure he can not actively recruit him given his prominent role. Not sure exactly what the recruiting rules are. Jabbie on the other hand is a true ambassador of the program.

If he had a relationship with him previous to him being a recruit then yes he can recruit him.

FWIW, there is zero concern at OSU about Walker. There's a long way to go and things can certainly change, but the feeling right now is that he's as solid as can be.

Yea he is solid but at RU we have a motto we go by called CHOP. Signing day is Feb 2016, we keep chopping and chopping. I believe we will have 2 running backs in this class with Walker leading the charge.

Hence:
There's a long way to go and things can certainly change

And I hope you don't think for a second that Urban and Company are going to let up on Walker just because he committed. Urban flips more commits than anyone, he knows that nothing is done until February.

As an OSU fan I hope he is a Buckeye come LOI day, and if he is a Buckeye and is good enough to start he will be a part of some very talented OSU teams.

But Rutgers should absolutely continue to recruit him as hard as possible because you never know what may change between now and February.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT