ADVERTISEMENT

Kareem Walker - ONE BALL

geurdsy

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2001
This is the list of RBs at Ohio State in 2016. Someone please tell Kareem Walker that there is only ONE ball.

4*, Rivals #5 RB -- Dontre Wilson 2013 – 31 carries, 2014 – 18 carries
4*, Rivals #8 WR -- Curtis Samuel – 2014 – 58 carries
4*, Rivals #12 RB -- Ezekiel Elliott – 2013 - 30 carries, 2014 – 273 carries
4*, Rivals #11 RB -- Bri'onte Dunn – 2012 – 25 carries, 2014 – 9 carries
4*, Rivals #16 RB -- Warren Ball – 2013 – 13 carries, 2014 – 18 carries
4*, Rivals #7 RB -- Mike Weber (2015)
4*, Scout #3 RB -- Demario McCall (2016) OHIO High School
4*, Scout #13 ATH -- George Hill (2016) OHIO High School (noted as a RB elsewhere)

Looks like Meyer likes to burn the red shirts of these highly touted recruits with around 30 carries their freshman year before he moves to the next one.

Kareem Walker said that Meyer told him he will have to compete with a few guys. Make that EIGHT other guys that would start on most college teams. Think Dontre Wilson feels good about his college choice after averaging less than 2 carries per game after being ranked that high in high school? Silly.

Come to Rutgers and tote the rock early and often.

I don't follow Ohio State football closely. Did Ezekiel Elliot graduate or declare for the draft

RU1993 - Zeke didn't do neither. He was a true soph this year, next year(Junior Year) will likely be his last year.

RU1993 - Zeke didn't do neither. He was a true soph this year, next year(Junior Year) will likely be his last year.

We all know what you meant but it should be written that "Zeke didn't do either". You used a double negative. So what you wrote means that he did both which would mean he both graduated and declared for the draft. I apologize in advance for being nitpicky.

He's good enough to be a star wherever he goes, I don't want players to come here because they are scared of competetion, I want them at RU because they want a great education and want to lead their state university to a B1G championship

He's good enough to be a star wherever he goes, I don't want players to come here because they are scared of competetion, I want them at RU because they want a great education and want to lead their state university to a B1G championship
Don't agree with that at all.

This is the list of RBs at Ohio State in 2016. Someone please tell Kareem Walker that there is only ONE ball.

4*, Rivals #5 RB -- Dontre Wilson 2013 – 31 carries, 2014 – 18 carries
4*, Rivals #8 WR -- Curtis Samuel – 2014 – 58 carries
4*, Rivals #12 RB -- Ezekiel Elliott – 2013 - 30 carries, 2014 – 273 carries
4*, Rivals #11 RB -- Bri'onte Dunn – 2012 – 25 carries, 2014 – 9 carries
4*, Rivals #16 RB -- Warren Ball – 2013 – 13 carries, 2014 – 18 carries
4*, Rivals #7 RB -- Mike Weber (2015)
4*, Scout #3 RB -- Demario McCall (2016) OHIO High School
4*, Scout #13 ATH -- George Hill (2016) OHIO High School (noted as a RB elsewhere)

Looks like Meyer likes to burn the red shirts of these highly touted recruits with around 30 carries their freshman year before he moves to the next one.

Kareem Walker said that Meyer told him he will have to compete with a few guys. Make that EIGHT other guys that would start on most college teams. Think Dontre Wilson feels good about his college choice after averaging less than 2 carries per game after being ranked that high in high school? Silly.

Come to Rutgers and tote the rock early and often.
No problem OP. The coaches already promised him he`d be the main guy :rolleyes:

bml.gif

Sure moved on to the next one after Zeke got his 30 carries, huh? Dontre was moved to WR and then got hurt. Dunn took a redshirt to get his head on straight and now he's the top backup. and Samuel just finished his freshman year, in which he scored 6 TDs.

I thought there was a thread on this situation a few weeks ago but let's try it again.

First, Wilson, McCall, and Hill WILL NOT BE RB at OSU. They're being recruited as H-backs and possibly receiver (Hill). The only RBs Walker will be competing against in 2016 is Dunn (a Bench warmer most of career), Samuel, and Weber. Ball is basically non-existant at this point and Elliot (barring injury) is off to the NFL. Walker, in reality, will be competing against Samuel and Weber. We also have super Ohio RB T. Sibley committed for 2017. As discussed in another thread, the H-back and RB can be/are on the field at the same time in Urban's offense.

Yes, we do have a wealth of talent and depth now at the skill positions (including RB). but it comes down to a kid having confidence in his ability and not afraid to compete. If this kid is as good as publicized, he shouldn't really worry about depth charts and focus more on the possibility of hoisting NC trophies in the future - he did commit at halftime of the NC game.

There's no guarantee Walker would start if he came to Rutgers. Hicks and Martin are good, young backs, and Snorweah coming in could be the real deal as well. RU could be in good shape at RB for the next few years already.

Reactions: RU-BS
There's no guarantee Walker would start if he came to Rutgers. Hicks and Martin are good, young backs, and Snorweah coming in could be the real deal as well. RU could be in good shape at RB for the next few years already.

Thank you. He'll face more competition at a Rutgers then he would at OSU. There's no way Zeke is not in the NFL for '16. And he'll likely just have to compete with Samuel for one year.

School X has too much talent at position Y is just not an effective argument for landing 5 star recruits. Don't know why our fans keep making this argument. These recruits have had their egos inflated with all the attention and recruiting rankings and ultimately believe they will start no matter where they land. Recruits like Walker want to compete against the best because they believe they are the best.

Reactions: njcanesfan
How the hell do so many talented players for the same position go to the same school,unreal really. As was posted already, there is only one ball, and just so many plays an offense can run per game.

Dontre Wilson was brought into be an H-Back, so his productivity isn't measured in carries but touches (including returns and receptions). Samuel was the third string running back at the start of last year but is slotted as a H-back this year.

As mentioned Elliott will likely be gone after this year.

But yes, if Walker comes to OSU, or most any other National Championship contending team there will be competition. Meyer will,play the best players. If Walker ends up being that, then he doesn't have to worry about any of the other top runningback recruits. He will have the advantage of playing behind an offensive line that has as many top recruits.

If Walker doesn't feel comfortable with the competition and wants more of a guarantee, then I agree with the OP and he should go somewhere that he knows the starting job will be given to him. I'm hoping that he isn't that type of individual.

Walker is not afraid of the competition and he will have it here as well. But, what he gets at a school like Rutgers, is a HC who doesn't lie to your face. And that is what has Walker exploring his options.

Walker is not afraid of the competition and he will have it here as well. But, what he gets at a school like Rutgers, is a HC who doesn't lie to your face. And that is what has Walker exploring his options.

And you know that Urban lied to Walker's face how ? What did he tell him ? If the kid is afraid of competition, then he needs to move on. Urban doesn't really need to lie to recruits of this caliber. On their visit, just take them over to the NC trophy and ask them if they'd like to be part of one in the future. Besides, Walker called the OSU coaches at halftime of the NC game to commit. I'm sure the recruits know and follow the rosters and who teams are recruiting.

So far, this board has been one of the more logical/sensible boards to read/post on. Sure hope it doesn't turn into a PSU-like board with absolute crazy posts.

I remember when everyone went crazy after Huggins committed. Didn't take long before a good number of fans were ready to throw him under the bus.

And that is what has Walker exploring his options.

Walker is solid to OSU and made that clear once again this past week during an interview with Ryan Bartow at Walker's high school. He was quoted as saying that he doesn't even have a number two. Walker is not exploring anything except what he needs to do in order to graduate early.

As a Rutgers, I have to ask. Why do we continue this and kid ourselves? I'm not going to knock OP, because he is right. But we're not getting him. We never were. It's like the Jabrill peppers situation. UMich was his dream school, but for some reason people still thought we had a chance because a couple NJ guys committed to us that summer. We got Sneed now. He's a solid player.

Yeah, I can't imagine any of the coaches were taking calls at halftime of the National title game. He called before the game and announced it at halftime.

I believe your correct about announcing at halftime. My mistake. Sounds more logical. Just trying to point out the effect that the NC game had on him. Supposedly, he's still solid to OSU but it's still a long ways to NSD 2016.

Does a top player really wanna get beat up for 30-40 carries a game? Or would they rather split that and get 15-20 carries and play a few more years in the NFL. RBs have a short life span. Also OSU has had the best if not one of the best OLs in the country since we hired Ed Warinner.

We all know what you meant but it should be written that "Zeke didn't do either". You used a double negative. So what you wrote means that he did both which would mean he both graduated and declared for the draft. I apologize in advance for being nitpicky.

I agree that we should be careful with language. The claim that "Zeke didn't do neither" means that he did not do either option. That implies that he might have done zero or one of the options. In other words, ahmeda3 technically said that Elliot did at least one of graduating or declaring for the draft.

Of course, he did neither and everyone understood this was what ahmeda was communicating.

Walker is solid to OSU and made that clear once again this past week during an interview with Ryan Bartow at Walker's high school. He was quoted as saying that he doesn't even have a number two. Walker is not exploring anything except what he needs to do in order to graduate early.
Lol

Reactions: RUWestchester
2015- I have no idea if Walker ends up at Rutgers or at OSU but he doesn't just give up free weekends to go hang out and watch a football practice. He has so little free time, the last thing any kid at that level wants to do is give up that time for something that would make no sense.

Some kids just love football. I don't agree with those who say that Walker is making a mistake by going to OSU because of either the competition or number of players at other positions who will require touches. But I don't blame the coaches at Rutgers to keep recruiting him and to take advantage of whenever he is on campus (within the boundaries of the rules) and keep recruiting him until LOI day.

That's what I did after reading the OP's post. It is funny that some here actually believe Rutgers has a shot at landing Walker. I guess everyone has dreams.
We've had some good fans visit these boards from other B1G teams, please don't get all PSU on us.....especially, regarding a subject you don't know much about.

We've had some good fans visit these boards from other B1G teams, please don't get all PSU on us.....especially, regarding a subject you don't know much about.

I am well versed in this subject. Much more so than the OP. I'm also aware that it will be very difficult for Walker to graduate early. I'm not sure what you mean with the PSU reference but I believe my initial post provided some information from a recent interview with Walker to which you responded to with a LOL.

I'd be more than happen to discuss OSU recruiting or any other topic regrading OSU and B1G football. That is why I come here. The 247 Rutgers board is not very active yet plus it is a closed board.

I am well versed in this subject. Much more so than the OP. I'm also aware that it will be very difficult for Walker to graduate early. I'm not sure what you mean with the PSU reference but I believe my initial post provided some information from a recent interview with Walker to which you responded to with a LOL.

I'd be more than happen to discuss OSU recruiting or any other topic regrading OSU and B1G football. That is why I come here. The 247 Rutgers board is not very active yet plus it is a closed board.
It's great to ha e well versed fans come and discuss topics. The PSU comment was directed at your d%ck comment about Rutgers having a chance. My lol was in response to the article. Many others are also well versed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT