ADVERTISEMENT

Kareem Walker visiting Auburn this weekend

I think he's there for their Big Cat Weekend. I he is also scheduled to visit Bama and Tenn soon. It has been reported but not yet confirmed that he will be visiting OSU for Friday Night Lights. I still believe he is all OSU but it will be a battle until NSD.

I think he's there for their Big Cat Weekend. I he is also scheduled to visit Bama and Tenn soon. It has been reported but not yet confirmed that he will be visiting OSU for Friday Night Lights. I still believe he is all OSU but it will be a battle until NSD.

Don't Stop Believin'.

KW is not going to OSU.

Don't feel bad - he's not going to Rutgers, either.

Eventually some OSU fans will start claiming that he never had a commit-able offer, which will prove my point in the other thread.

We will be in great shape no matter the outcome. Too bad he isn't going to Rutgers. I can't believe Rutgers never offered him.

I don't blame Walker for exploring all of his options and I won't hold it against him if he flips. OSU will be fine whether he stays or goes somewhere else, and if he lives up to his ranking he'll be fine on an individual basis wherever he ends up.

Of course how the team he chooses to be a part of does depends on what other players are on the team and who is coaching those players.

How can he be "All" OSU if he taking a tour of southern schools?

We only offer kids that fit the RU culture, if he isn't coming here then obviously we didn't offer.

Guys like this are in a whole different realm - and dwell in a very different reality that is almost entirely focused on his astounding potential & how he can maximize the way in which he capitalizes on it -
gotta figure that a guy like Walker is told (multiple times a day) that on the right team - he can definitely be in the running for the Heisman ... that on the right team he will be a record setting All-American ... that the NFL will be his first job ...that - if everything goes right - he will be a multi-multi-millionaire and .... that the key for him - the right team - is a powerful run focused "name" program with quick & powerful road-graders that will open the way for him to gain his yards and score his touchdowns ... and the team will need to have a reputation of frequently being strong enough to get him to the BCS playoffs & then enable him to put his talents on display in the national championship game ...

Even a kid with his head on straight will find it challenging to screen out all of this - everyday is a continuous barrage of "it is all about you"!

Reactions: RoadCrewPT
Guys like this are in a whole different realm - and dwell in a very different reality that is almost entirely focused on his astounding potential & how he can maximize the way in which he capitalizes on it -
gotta figure that a guy like Walker is told (multiple times a day) that on the right team - he can definitely be in the running for the Heisman ... that on the right team he will be a record setting All-American ... that the NFL will be his first job ...that - if everything goes right - he will be a multi-multi-millionaire and .... that the key for him - the right team - is a powerful run focused "name" program with quick & powerful road-graders that will open the way for him to gain his yards and score his touchdowns ... and the team will need to have a reputation of frequently being strong enough to get him to the BCS playoffs & then enable him to put his talents on display in the national championship game ...

Even a kid with his head on straight will find it challenging to screen out all of this - everyday is a continuous barrage of "it is all about you"!

All true, but it doesn't mean that the recruit necessarily succumbs to the barrage.

That's why we need a capable bullshitter on our staff. It is human nature to be persuaded by good bullshitters. Obviously he could just as easily go to the NFL, be a 1st round pick, etc out of RU.

Academics don't matter to the majority of the high end kids.

That's why we need a capable bullshitter on our staff. It is human nature to be persuaded by good bullshitters. Obviously he could just as easily go to the NFL, be a 1st round pick, etc out of RU.

We have honest "Abe" Flood who would not tell a lie.

All I know is that the Ohio State staff isn't worried about Walker in any way at the moment. Still a long way to go though and recruiting doesn't end until he signs on the line.

Reactions: miket007
While it would be great pub for RU to recruit supposedly the top RB in the country. It's not as big a loss as some others since he plays the one position we are pretty set in for quite some time.

This to me is an area of focus. People put too much stock in the head coach as a recruiter. While important, who are the stud assistant recruiters? These are the guys that are interacting the most with recruits. The HC is a closer, and Flood apparently has to do some work in that area, but the assistants are major piece of it.

I am not sure we have those guys on staff right now.

Imagine the NYC/NJ media hype and hysteria with a Heisman winner at RU. He'd have his 50 ft portrait on a building in midtown Manhattan. Gotta sell this vision to the super recruits.

I forget, was he at the big barbecue orr not? If he was, what color sneakers was he wearing?

While it would be great pub for RU to recruit supposedly the top RB in the country. It's not as big a loss as some others since he plays the one position we are pretty set in for quite some time.
If we could have only one (Gary or Walker) give me the stud in the trenches-Gary.

Seems like a real good idea to visit a school when there is no one else around. :(
I'm sure Walker will come away with a great understanding about the day-to-day environment in the classrooms and on the campus to make a decision
where he will spend the next few years of his life. Just like someone visiting Syracuse in July & August would come home thinking 'this place seems nice'.

None of the big three from NJ are RU bound but RU will still land a dominate class for 20116 , when all is said and done...Sneed is a big time back, there isn't a huge dropoff from Walker to Sneed, plus we have a stable of backs already in place. Walker has some nicks and items that probably have OSU shying away anyway.

Reactions: ScarletKnightRider
This to me is an area of focus. People put too much stock in the head coach as a recruiter. While important, who are the stud assistant recruiters? These are the guys that are interacting the most with recruits. The HC is a closer, and Flood apparently has to do some work in that area, but the assistants are major piece of it.

I am not sure we have those guys on staff right now.

LOL he wasn't worth a damn recruiting when he was an assistant & it doesn't seem like this "face of the program" is working out to well either

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT