ADVERTISEMENT

Kroft to Bengals 85th pick round 3

beat ya by a second leonard!! didnt see him going this early but good place to go and 3rd TE overall

Sanu was the 83rd pick in the 3rd round by the Bengals

Kroft is 85th pick in the 3rd round by the Bengals.

Bummed that they didn't talk about him, though. Just saw the scroll and that was it so far.

Let's hope I'm watching the NFL Network when Burton gets drafted. :-)

boy Trey Wingo sounds like a dumb dumb Kroft is a catch first TE he's so obnoxious I wish they'd replace him his voice is so obnoxious

i don't like any of the NFL guys though. idk I like hear Kiper eat crow and Dilfer is pretty good. don't remember the other guys name but he's alright

From Yahoo Sports: "With bad QB play, Kroft was not able to show just how good a receiver he can be. Despite a lack of explosive athleticism, Kroft has a nice frame, solid blocking ability and soft hands."

Ouch for Gary.

Great to see Kroft going so early. Now let's see someone pick up Burton!

Forget Wingo. Just watch NFL Network for draft coverage

This. Everything ESPN touches turns to sh!t and the draft is no different. Was in the bar at the time of the pick. Of course they had ESPN on their main TV, it's like the default channel they put on. I didn't see one highlight after the pick. Looked like they were showing another player's highlights. Wish NFLN would get exclusive draft coverage

I didn't watch ESPN so my understanding is they didn't say anything about him during the broadcast? NFL Network had high praise for him and at least gave you the impression they know what they're talking about. I can't stand Kiper or McShay on ESPN.

Reactions: RUgrad75
Just saw this now. Great spot for him. Funny to think the bengals have 3 former RU tight ends on the roster. Congrats Tyler.

I didn't watch ESPN so my understanding is they didn't say anything about him during the broadcast? NFL Network had high praise for him and at least gave you the impression they know what they're talking about. I can't stand Kiper or McShay on ESPN.
ESPN had a segment on him a few picks later. ESPN cares more about other entertainment stuff than reporting each pick as it happens after round 1 or 2. They didn't even show the Bears pick of Grasu by the young girl with cancer & the draft is in Chicago.

Looked at ESPN.com to look at their analysis out of curiosity.... They called him "just an average blocker" when they talk about him as a player and state he's a quality blocker when they talk about how he fits in the Cincy's scheme. Can't make this stuff up.

Congrats to Tyler and family! That certainly looks like he made a good decision to come out this year.

Congrats Kroft! Bengals are solid team who just got better! first 4 picks were on offense.

ADVERTISEMENT