ADVERTISEMENT

Kwe Parker Down to Four, Announcing Soon

Daniels will be gone, but add in Mike Williams and another recruit, would be nice

Its my understanding that it's always really just been Wake and RU.

If the kid went somewhere besides that, I'd be stunned.

I'm not a "recruiting director" or anything, but I've always felt that Parker was going to be RU bound based on the info I've picked up along the way.

Just hope that holds up!

Its my understanding that it's always really just been Wake and RU.

If the kid went somewhere besides that, I'd be stunned.

I'm not a "recruiting director" or anything, but I've always felt that Parker was going to be RU bound based on the info I've picked up along the way.

Just hope that holds up!

tumblr_inline_n1te0mEDda1s4h0fy.gif

Hope we find out his decision soon. Have to like our chances. Parker-Sanders could be an elite B1G backcourt.

Crossing fingers....should we be nervous about either of the FL. schools in his top 4?

FWIW,

Wake's SB Nation blog thinks Parker is headed to the RUT as well as a few AAU bloggers. Starting to really like our chances as I saw in a separate article that we were Parker's only official visit anywhere.

247 now has RU as their favorite. This is really looking good for us.

Wonder if it is still between us and Wake. Would be a huge splash for R recruiting class.

Parker has taken just one official visit and that was to RU.

He has visited Wake on an unofficial visit...but he has yet to ever visit UF or FSU so I would put the later two at 99-1 long shots.

Certainly seems like RU is probably the favorite (hence the only official visit was to RU).

Parker has taken just one official visit and that was to RU.

He has visited Wake on an unofficial visit...but he has yet to ever visit UF or FSU so I would put the later two at 99-1 long shots.

Certainly seems like RU is probably the favorite (hence the only official visit was to RU).

Well, to be fair, he's taken two unofficial visits to Wake, but why use an official visit there? Its in his back yard, its not like he would be on a flight or anything to visit the school, there's no reason to waste the visit.

Whats interesting, is supposedly he has not visited Florida or Florida State in any capacity. That points to the decision being between RU and Wake. Florida State made me nervous at first because they have a monster class and 1 scholarship that they can still use.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...-guard-kwe-parker-reveals-final-four-schools/

oh geez this thread is full of more optimism than I've seen for the ball program in a long long time. I'm getting pretty excited about this!

Of course any excitment comes with caution .. why hasn't he taken visits to the FL schools yet? Will he? I would assume everything changes as soon as he does because its easy to have us a favorite if he hasnt see the others.

oh geez this thread is full of more optimism than I've seen for the ball program in a long long time. I'm getting pretty excited about this!

Of course any excitment comes with caution .. why hasn't he taken visits to the FL schools yet? Will he? I would assume everything changes as soon as he does because its easy to have us a favorite if he hasnt see the others.

thats the whole point....How would he be ready to choose and choose one of the schools he hasn't seen yet? Its between Wake and RU in my opinion, or he blindly would be committing to a school he hasn't seen.

the good omen is that RU almost never leads for a guy his caliber and multiple sources say RU is leading so it might be time to believe he is coming

Good job by Jordan and staff to get us in to this spot. Go on, you can something positive about Jordan. It won't hurt......just kidding, lol

Just thinking about Sanders and Parker in our back court and their highlight reels on the NYC news stations every week is just mind blowing. With Coach running a guard heavy high tempo press and his team all young and athletic, with a splash of attitude, Rutgers will be on the map and not just for football.

Reactions: RUKeystone
I am hoping for the best but I know that so often we have gotten burned. I sure hope this time we can finally get a break. That would be sweet.

Reactions: Jim_from_RU
Sanders and Parker, with a follow up of Deriante jenkins. I don't know any of these players, but I do follow Sanders twitter. Both Sander and Jenkins are great kids it seems.

Would be a great get.

If he commits, would he be the first commit for the 2106 class or have I missed something? If he would be the first, it would be a great way to kick off the next class, especially on top of the class coming in this September.

Wake isn't involved with Parker anymore. They backed off a while and are going hard after Eli Wright (who is blowing up) and Richard Washington.

Kwe is a good prospect, but I don't think he is going to be a program changing player. I'll be surprised if he ends up in the Top 100. I think he's going to be a great defender in college, but his O needs some work.

RU MBB has been down on its luck lately. I'll gladly be happy to get things back to the way they were in '03-'04 with 20 wins, even without the NCAA appearance. I just want to watch a game knowing we have a real chance on winning any game we play. To make the NCAA, ... I don't even know how to feel about that since I didn't really start following the program until the 21st century.

RU MBB has been down on its luck lately. I'll gladly be happy to get things back to the way they were in '03-'04 with 20 wins, even without the NCAA appearance. I just want to watch a game knowing we have a real chance on winning any game we play. To make the NCAA, ... I don't even know how to feel about that since I didn't really start following the program until the 21st century.
I was a rabid RU hoops fan, especially when I was an undergraduate at WPUNJ. I could easily be that excited again, and I think that chance is a good one.

Guys, just don't go crazy. Parker would be a great addition, but it is only one player.

Just don't want to see anyone too disappointed..

Guys, just don't go crazy. Parker would be a great addition, but it is only one player. Just don't want to see anyone too disappointed..

Says the guy who got equally excited when we signed guys like D'Von Campbell, haha. You're the most positive guy posting here on a daily basis, higgs :joy:.

I say go all out and be happy. The only caution that I take into account is that neither of our guards is a big guard. Both Sanders and Parker (if he comes) are much bigger than Mack (thankfully), but still not the 6'4"+ type size that would be nice from guards.

Says the guy who got equally excited when we signed guys like D'Von Campbell, haha. You're the most positive guy posting here on a daily basis, higgs :joy:.

I say go all out and be happy. The only caution that I take into account is that neither of our guards is a big guard. Both Sanders and Parker (if he comes) are much bigger than Mack (thankfully), but still not the 6'4"+ type size that would be nice from guards.

I don't recall getting that happy about Dvonn campbell. I did think he had potential though. Another player who is only trying to make it for himself though.

No doubt. I agree with the be happy. But if it doesn't happen, I don't want people to be let down.

You're spot on, Phila. They would be two small guards. See Ohio State. He would be a good addition and has shown ability to do things besides dunk. RU future does not depend on Parker,though. High flyng dunkers too-can be injury prone. If only kids knew that.

What it gives us is two guys who can totally break down a defense if necessary. I don't remember the last time we had that. And despite size, I don't think there's a guard that Sanders can't guard (sans somebody 6'7, who knows then). Dude is a beast on both sides of the ball.

How is Parker's D?

ADVERTISEMENT