ADVERTISEMENT

Kwe Parker Down to Four, Announcing Soon

We need our own version of ConnU's Napier-Boatright combo. Look what two smaller guards like Napier (6"1) and Boatright (6"2) were able to do after learning how to compliment one and other on the court after several years of playing together. They rode that all the way to the 'ship.

No reason why a Parker Sanders combo with a little bit of luck could be a force to be reckoned with in a couple years time.

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
We need our own version of ConnU's Napier-Boatright combo. Look what two smaller guards like Napier (6"1) and Boatright (6"2) were able to do after learning how to compliment one and other on the court after several years of playing together. They rode that all the way to the 'ship.

While both were great and very good college hoop players...both also played on the same team with some of the biggest sized front court centers...which does help a team's inside/outside game.

What it gives us is two guys who can totally break down a defense if necessary. I don't remember the last time we had that. And despite size, I don't think there's a guard that Sanders can't guard (sans somebody 6'7, who knows then). Dude is a beast on both sides of the ball.

How is Parker's D?

To be honest, none of us have seen Sanders defense. But it is supposedly average+. I think Kwe has a little defense too.

If we can find our own DeAndre Daniels, then I would say that that team would have NCAA potential (with Sanders and Parker as well).

Parker and Sanders attacking the rim...

TWo guys that can get all of the way to the rim. That is a difference maker.

When was the last time we had two guys who could break it down off the dribble and get there on their own all the way on the bounce.

Parker and Sanders attacking the rim...

TWo guys that can get all of the way to the rim. That is a difference maker.

When was the last time we had two guys who could break it down off the dribble and get there on their own all the way on the bounce.

AGREE....It's also about the advantage of having two wildly athletic guys that excel in the open court. The fast break run-outs will be exciting to see.

247 sports keeps increasing percentages RU's way.

Up to 77 - 23 RU over wake....seems like all the predictions for FSU and UF are down to 0. All of the Duke writers/bloggers have picked RU.....2 out of 5 Wake writers/bloggers have predicted RU....and of course 5 out of 5 Rutgers leaners have predicted RU. Not sure what that means because I haven't heard of any of these people.

Either way, I wish he gave a date for when he would announce. I also want to say that I care way too much about a high school kids college choice.....but I really want to see Kwe Parker and Corey Sanders in the back court....

Last edited:
Wake supposedly backed off. He hasn't visited either Florida school and currently has no plans to... Seems like he's RU's to lose unless he's hoping for "bigger" offers.
Any explanation why Wake is "backing off"? Maybe they're "throwing in the towel" with RU coming on strong?

I don't think Wake is backing off at all. My understanding, is that Kwe was unhappy with the way a lot of teams treated him when he broke his foot, and Rutgers and Van Macon still actively recruited him. If Kwe commits to RU, its because the staff did a great job and out-recruited Wake.

That might be why he has started to lean Rutgers way, and why Wake has fallen off.

I think it helps as well that he knows Corey Sanders which his AAU coach mentioned after his visit. He said that Kwe wanted to go to school where he knew someone, and perhaps that's what opened the door for us in the first place. Either way, it looks like Eddie and Van have done a good job here. I just hope they can seal the deal.

Also, it annoys me when we lead in recruiting, and instead of saying, Great Job Eddie, Great Job Van, we hear the nonsense that Wake Forest backed off. Wake won 13 games last year, tell me why they are backing off a 4 star kid who is probably the most athletic player in the class. If they backed off, then great, but perhaps we actually brought in a coaching staff who is doing something right and building a program. I can't tell if its leftover angst from the people who are still bitter that Danny Hurley isn't here, or what, but geez.

Perhaps we actually won a recruiting battle for a change. I know its not something everyone is used to, but it was the same thing with Corey Sanders. "Well he probably couldn't qualify anywhere else..." Seriously?

Also, it annoys me when we lead in recruiting, and instead of saying, Great Job Eddie, Great Job Van, we hear the nonsense that Wake Forest backed off. Wake won 13 games last year, tell me why they are backing off a 4 star kid who is probably the most athletic player in the class. If they backed off, then great, but perhaps we actually brought in a coaching staff who is doing something right and building a program. I can't tell if its leftover angst from the people who are still bitter that Danny Hurley isn't here, or what, but geez.

Perhaps we actually won a recruiting battle for a change. I know its not something everyone is used to, but it was the same thing with Corey Sanders. "Well he probably couldn't qualify anywhere else..." Seriously?

I share your sentiments. That is part of d1 athletics and fans. Do good, you might get burned still, do bad- youll get burned. I want to see EJ and Co land this kid. I don't think it's the end of the world if he doesn't commit, but why not?He would bring other players here potentially.

It definitely looks like you all are the prohibitive favorites for the uber talented Parker. Regardless of whoever else each team is currently recruiting, make no mistake, if you land Parker it is because the Rutgers staff put in the time and effort to make Kwe feel at home and confident about the potential of the Rutgers program. The fact that he is deciding after only one visit is pretty significant.

I don't really foresee posting here that much in the future so good luck in the upcoming season (except for the ACC/Big 10 Challenge game), also please embarrass Maryland.

It definitely looks like you all are the prohibitive favorites for the uber talented Parker. Regardless of whoever else each team is currently recruiting, make no mistake, if you land Parker it is because the Rutgers staff put in the time and effort to make Kwe feel at home and confident about the potential of the Rutgers program. The fact that he is deciding after only one visit is pretty significant.

I don't really foresee posting here that much in the future so good luck in the upcoming season (except for the ACC/Big 10 Challenge game), also please embarrass Maryland.

Good post. Major props to EJ and Co.

I always chastise people on the football board for how much they are invested in recruits committing here or elsewhere, and I'm such a hypocrite. I think I've checked twitter and this board 25 times today.

It has been a long time since I have been this excited about RU hoops in the summer. I really hope we can land Kwe. The truth is I will still be excited, go RU!

Reactions: higgins3
This analysis pretty much sums it up for Kwe. I would love to see him on Scarlet. Every night he and Sanders suited up at the RAC, every local prospect would be in attendance, including the elite ones. It would be the recruiting equivalent of making the tournament for RU, every time we had a home game..

Strengths:
Parker is best described as an extremely athletic wing player who is a little undersized for the 2 right now. He's a slasher who can get to the basket at will and thrives above the rim. A true highlight reel player who embraces that aspect of his game. Parker can hit the open three with needed time and space. He plays above the rim at every opportunity with the body control of a ballerina.
Weaknesses:
His size would be a slight concern right now as he's a tad undersized for a two and hasn't shown much lead guard skill. Needs to round out his offensive game, including his jumper and 3-point shot. He must continue to develop his point guard skills and decision making along with his skill development all of which he is more than capable.
Bottom Line:
Kwe is a terrific shooting guard prospect with a flair for the highlights. If he adds another inch or two he's an elite prospect but the sky may be the limit regardless.

Last edited:
ge95oeq.gif

This analysis pretty much sums it up for Kwe. I would love to see him on Scarlet. Every night he and Sanders suited up at the RAC, every local prospect would be in attendance, including the elite ones. It would be the recruiting equivalent for making the tournament for RU, every time we had a home game..

Strengths:
Parker is best described as an extremely athletic wing player who is a little undersized for the 2 right now. He's a slasher who can get to the basket at will and thrives above the rim. A true highlight reel player who embraces that aspect of his game. Parker can hit the open three with needed time and space. He plays above the rim at every opportunity with the body control of a ballerina.
Weaknesses:
His size would be a slight concern right now as he's a tad undersized for a two and hasn't shown much lead guard skill. Needs to round out his offensive game, including his jumper and 3-point shot. He must continue to develop his point guard skills and decision making along with his skill development all of which he is more than capable.
Bottom Line:
Kwe is a terrific shooting guard prospect with a flair for the highlights. If he adds another inch or two he's an elite prospect but the sky may be the limit regardless.

He has been working on his shots-jumper and 3. I sometimes forget this kid has another year. Another year and we will have a player cme in that has a jump/3. Tons of potential.

The days keep going by and no Kwe news. The longer this goes the more it has me worried here.

According to an article I just read, Kwe said he'll probably be making his announcement this month, and being that there are only a few days left in July, guess we should find out shortly if RU is THE place. -That said, with recruiting, who can ever tell if any time frame regarding an announcement will actually hold up?

Still, it appears we should have "R" answer to where Kwe will be spending his college career in the very near future.

Reactions: RUKeystone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT