ADVERTISEMENT

Kwe Parker Down to Four, Announcing Soon

Parker is still probably looking to decide by the end of the month. Only so many days left so I guess we can expect a decision sometime this week hopefully...

The thing that is scaring me about this is that he doesn't hold a Florida offer, right? But they are in his top 4??

I hope he is not waiting to see if Florida offers. Reminds me of Guarantano with the revolving Top 2's he had. He would be a huge difference make here, really hope this happens and we will be on our way.

there's something comforting about know Shoes is on this guy. he seems relentless

hopefully we reel him in

I had < 0% faith in the Freeman thing...and then hearing how we persevered and got him in the fold made a believer out of me.

fingers crossed.

Reactions: JMD77
The thing that is scaring me about this is that he doesn't hold a Florida offer, right? But they are in his top 4??

I hope he is not waiting to see if Florida offers. Reminds me of Guarantano with the revolving Top 2's he had. He would be a huge difference make here, really hope this happens and we will be on our way.

It is an interesting scenario. I am not sure if Florida has offered as I a m not really into the recruiting scene at a high level. I will say, Rutgers is the only official offer Parker has been on per sources. Also noted is his old team mate was also offered by Wake Forest.

He has been on unofficials, but no official to Florida or FS. Supposedly what is drawing him towards Rutgers is that they kept with him when a lot dropped off after injury.

Can't say Rutgers isn't pushing their hardest in this recruiting process. Sanders, Freeman, and a potential Parker?That's pretty darn good. Add in Jonathan Laurent and Nigel Johnson and you have two special players right there.

Well, at a minimum, there's one unalterable fact about this particular weekday. That being, of course, that if Kwe's announcement is going to come in July then this has absolutely got to be it, since after today there's simply no July left. (Well, not in 2015, anyway.) :)

So c'mon, Kwe, turn this Friday into "Trigger Day". -You'll be glad you did...and you can be 1000% certain that Rutgers fans will be completely, totally, and indescribably ecstatic about it!

So, young Mr. Parker, come join the Rutgers family! YOU ARE WELCOME!! :basketball: [thumb2] :100points::americanflag:

Is it possible he didn't realize July was just about over? Not expecting an announcement today. Would love to be wrong should the announcement be for RU.

Why would you think he doesn't know when the month ends and why are you not expecting an announcement today?

As I posted above, on Wednesday he tweeted "July is almost up, so its about that time." That would seem to address both of your concerns. Not saying it will happen, but he clearly is aware of what time of year it is. You really can't help yourself sometimes.

Why would you think he doesn't know when the month ends and why are you not expecting an announcement today?

As I posted above, on Wednesday he tweeted "July is almost up, so its about that time." That would seem to address both of your concerns. Not saying it will happen, but he clearly is aware of what time of year it is. You really can't help yourself sometimes.

Is it possible I might have been at least half-joking? You know nothing about me so don't presume to know what I "can't help."
Maybe he's decided he needs more time. Is that not possible?

Thirty days hath September,
April, June, and November.
All the rest have 31,
Except for February all alone,

My gut has been telling me Friday (today) at noon or 4 for awhile. At no point did i think it was going to be some random time on a Wednesday. I don't think he's dragging it out at all. I think this was the plan all along. I kinda like this more than giving us a day. It's a little funny when you think about it.

Is it possible I might have been at least half-joking? You know nothing about me so don't presume to know what I "can't help."
Maybe he's decided he needs more time. Is that not possible?

Lol. Of course I know something about you. We've posted on this message board almost daily on every imaginable topic for over a decade. You tend to take a negative view towards the actions of the administration, and a skeptical view of the direction of RU athletics in general. Your post was in line with that view -- "not expecting anything, but will be happy if its RU." Why even say that? You have no inside information so why would you expect anything? It was also an odd post, because suggesting someone doesn't know what month it is not funny, its just insulting.

I don't expect the kid to commit or not commit. I just take whatever he tweets at face value, and assume all people are capable of reading a calendar, at least until proven otherwise. Of course its possible he's decided to take more time.

Reactions: Local Shill
images

Reactions: vascosg
He's gonna tweet at 11:59 PM

Well, he could actually send his tweet at 11:59:59PM and technically still be making his announcement before the end of July. ;-) -But hey, whenever he puts his choice out there, as long as it's RU it'll be fine by me.

And in that regard, while I don't want to get hopes up too high since it's all just guessing until a commit actually happens, but 247sports crystal ball prediction about Kwe to RU has jumped from 77% yesterday to 85% as of today. Now, does that guarantee anything? Nope. But I sure like seeing the % going in that direction than the reverse.

Last edited:
Lol. Of course I know something about you. We've posted on this message board almost daily on every imaginable topic for over a decade. You tend to take a negative view towards the actions of the administration, and a skeptical view of the direction of RU athletics in general. Your post was in line with that view -- "not expecting anything, but will be happy if its RU." Why even say that? You have no inside information so why would you expect anything? It was also an odd post, because suggesting someone doesn't know what month it is not funny, its just insulting.

I don't expect the kid to commit or not commit. I just take whatever he tweets at face value, and assume all people are capable of reading a calendar, at least until proven otherwise. Of course its possible he's decided to take more time.

Your lecture aside, we're RU basketball fans. Unless you've slept though the past 10 years, I'm not sure how you can not be cynical and jaded.

Dates and decision making time are always fluid folks and this should apply here...thesr are big decisions for everyone involved so at this level of talent, similar to Deshawn Freeman, fans may need to wait things out. I also wouldn't read anything else into it aa well, many fans here were burned out giving up on Freeman because his potential timeline changed more than a few times.

Parker is a kid you have to ride out abd wait out, similar to a lot of top level kids.

Well, if nothing else, the 247sports prediction for Kwe continues to inch its way up in "R" favor - Friday it was 77% RU, Saturday it was 85%, and today it's 86% Rutgers. ...Now, all we need is THE tweet from the man himself to go along with it. :) [thumb2]:basketball:

Reactions: RUKeystone
Would be nice to get that 600-600 text to top off an awesome weekend!

I refuse to flip my wall calendar to August until we get "The Tweet". It is still July at my house.

Reactions: vascosg
Wake has a PG commit and just got a SG commit.

FSU has a PG and SG commit.

Something tells me Parker is waiting a few days to see if Florida will offer after the July evaluation period and assessment is completed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT