ADVERTISEMENT

Kwe Parker - think we got a good shot?

SirScarlet

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2001
I know this board tends to be a bit slow this time of year...but I have to say I can't remember the last time I had this much optimism around our BBall recruiting, since it seems we're a legitimate contender for K. Parker

what do you guys think?

I am crossing my fingers!!! Make it happen EJ and Shoes!! :)

God, I'm hoping like hell we get this kid. I just might get tickets for the season, which I've never done for hoops.

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
His high school is like 30 minutes from Wake and they're considered the favorite but we'll see. Playing with Sanders and having Eddie coach him should definitely have some appeal.

God, I'm hoping like hell we get this kid. I just might get tickets for the season, which I've never done for hoops.

Jim - I know you bleed Scarlet...regardless of what happens with Parker, just pull the trigger on the hoops tickets :)

We need fans like you in the stands yelling your face off...let's get behind Eddie and Co.

I would say we have a pretty good shot at getting him between Twitter comments, BK, SN staff etc. Parker is supposed to be deciding in a few weeks so this visit is enormous for us.

If he commits early, we have a much better chance to land him...

Hope we can wrap this up this weekend!

Praying-reaction-gif.gif

Reactions: SirScarlet
Git 'er done, staff!

Even if we don't get Kwe, the staff has done a good job adding athleticism to the roster. While we'll inevitably have growing pains in the next year or two, the team will be fun to watch. Anyone who abandons their season tix now will be 'selling at the bottom', IMO.

Ill say it again....this would be beyond HUGE for us.

A Sanders & Parker duo in the backcourt for three years give us a serious shot

Reactions: RUJMM78
Positive thoughts only this weekend.....all the usual negatoids that come out to bash Jordan and staff when there is any hint of bad news need to stay away....lol

Reactions: RUMountie
by the way....

I have said for a long time our receipe to getting back to respecabtility is targeting and getting ONE bonafide top 50 type a year for four years...and then added good pieces around this group. We aren't getting three or for of these type in one class to build a program

Sanders is 1 of 4

Could Parker be 2 of 4...

If so...we would be seriously be on the right track with things...

Reactions: RUKeystone
@Scarlet Shack, to makes matters even better, our first two top 50 caliber players are both guards. I think that is critical especially based on Eddie's philosophy of running the offense through strong guard play. I am eager to see a Sanders-Parker back court.

Basketball has becomes a guards game in a lot of ways.

This would be huge. I share the optimism.

Please!!!!! Please!!!! Please!!!! hmm begging I am ...embarrassing I am ... F it ....Please!!!!!!!

Vetrone seems to be making a very positive impact on attracting top tier recruits to Rutgers .Hopefully,Jordan can close the deal.Long suffering fans have been waiting for decades for a flicker of hope that the basketball program is finally making a move toward relevance.Getting good news on RAC/practice facility construction next week would also help the cause.

If we land Parker we have a shot at the NCAA in 16. Also have two more ships to give to maybe find another true 3.

Vetrone seems to be making a very positive impact on attracting top tier recruits to Rutgers .Hopefully,Jordan can close the deal.Long suffering fans have been waiting for decades for a flicker of hope that the basketball program is finally making a move toward relevance.Getting good news on RAC/practice facility construction next week would also help the cause.[/QUOTE]

(my reply) As a Rutgers basketball fan, I am not comfortable being so excited about things..been there way too many times before..but....perhaps, maybe, could it be? Good Luck to us!!

Vetrone seems to be making a very positive impact on attracting top tier recruits to Rutgers .Hopefully,Jordan can close the deal.Long suffering fans have been waiting for decades for a flicker of hope that the basketball program is finally making a move toward relevance.Getting good news on RAC/practice facility construction next week would also help the cause.
I'm just hoping we get some specifics out of that meeting. Vague comments won't cut it. We need tangible evidence something will get done.

Reactions: RUskoolie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT