ADVERTISEMENT

Kwe Parker - think we got a good shot?

I don't know if he is ours and we can' say for certain, but it does seem his visit went well and he is intrigued by playing with Corey Sanders.KP says he doesn't want to be known as a dunker. His game is much more than that.

Rutgers is gearing up for the future. Making a push. Sanders, KP, Laurent, Freeman, Williams,Foreman, Diallo/Shaq,Nigel Johnson beating the hck out of Kansas last year. The early morning fog on the Raritan is starting to fade. Might be sunny days ahead for the program.

RRRRRRRRR

I don't know if he is ours and we can' say for certain, but it does seem his visit went well and he is intrigued by playing with Corey Sanders.KP says he doesn't want to be known as a dunker. His game is much more than that.

Rutgers is gearing up for the future. Making a push. Sanders, KP, Laurent, Freeman, Williams,Foreman, Diallo/Shaq,Nigel Johnson beating the hck out of Kansas last year. The early morning fog on the Raritan is starting to fade. Might be sunny days ahead for the program.

RRRRRRRRR

UUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Reactions: higgins3
Seems like Vetrone's son has been hanging around the team/recruits a lot - saw a few pictures of him with Sanders and now there he is chilling with Parker

He needs new material...stole that from me.

Yeah, if you have a pf or center with a dun tape that is a problem. Most kids 6 8 can touch the rim. A pg though and that is a good sign. We're in the same boat GRF but it seems KP is aware and his game is a lot more than that and hell have another year.

Hiim and Sanders would be great. They both seem to enjoy defense so that would be huge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
There have been some updates on other sites. I am hoping to see one here shortly. Busy day with FB as well.

This team is about the ranking of 6-8 in the B1G in his first year with Sanders. Depending on additions, they could push higher. Would be amazing to have him onboard.

First off...Kwe is Coach Macon's recruit, not that it really matters at this point though...

People I talked to seem to think that Parker will decide in early July (a good sign for RU). Family wants him close to home, coaches want him to go away to school. Seems like its a 2 horse race at this point.

Remember, that's all speculation and general impression... I've stopped trying to figure out 17 year old kids long ago!

Reactions: RUKeystone
First off...Kwe is Coach Macon's recruit, not that it really matters at this point though...

People I talked to seem to think that Parker will decide in early July (a good sign for RU). Family wants him close to home, coaches want him to go away to school. Seems like its a 2 horse race at this point.

Remember, that's all speculation and general impression... I've stopped trying to figure out 17 year old kids long ago!
Hoping we win out.

@BKIn118, do we know if Parker plans on taking any additional visits before making his decision? One would like to think that if we were his last visit prior to deciding that we are looking very good to land him. Thanks for the update!

I have not heard that he will be taking other visits. It would seem to be us and Wake. There are other ACC schools recruiting him though, so who knows what will happen down the stretch

I have not heard that he will be taking other visits. It would seem to be us and Wake. There are other ACC schools recruiting him though, so who knows what will happen down the stretch
I'll continue to be 50-50 on this until he indicates otherwise.

50/50 is exactly how I'm viewing it as well. I don't know the power of the forces at work swaying him well enough to feel any other way than "hope for the best"

That is not the way it works for 4 star players early in the process. Or I should say it rarely works that way. See Freeman. Have faith. We seem to be on an upswing. According to a WF fan things aren't going that great for them with Parker.

Last edited:
Wake should stop recruiting at his position if they are so sure about him then!

Anyway...In another situation I'd say we've got a great shot with him...and may in fact lead for his services at this moment.

But this is Rutgers, so I really can't say that, ya know?

Here is the scouting report from ESPN Insider. This would be some backcourt.

Strengths:
Parker is best described as an extremely athletic wing player who is a little undersized for the 2 right now. He's a slasher who can get to the basket at will and thrives above the rim. A true highlight reel player who embraces that aspect of his game. Parker can hit the open three with needed time and space. He plays above the rim at every opportunity with the body control of a ballerina.

Weaknesses:
His size would be a slight concern right now as he's a tad undersized for a two and hasn't shown much lead guard skill. Needs to round out his offensive game, including his jumper and 3-point shot. He must continue to develop his point guard skills and decision making along with his skill development all of which he is more than capable.

Bottom Line:
Kwe is a terrific shooting guard prospect with a flair for the highlights. If he adds another inch or two he's an elite prospect but the sky may be the limit regardless.

I am sorry. I meant aren't going that great between him and Wake Forest according to one of their fans who posted here.

First KP, than Bashir Ahmed.

A Rutgers fan can dream. That would complete the uptrend, and keep reversals at bay for a couple of years. Wait, this is basketball not swing trading. Shoot.

Reactions: vascosg
The key was identifying Sanders and convincing him to play at RU....then you factor in the rest of the 2015 class, specifically Freeman who many gave up on landing here...Freeman adds a level of credibility that RU CAN land JUCO targets and has the options to now pick up a bonafide 3rd high level player in Parker. That's 3 potential kids in less than a year being added, that in years past each would have headlined a class.

Parker is a kid that isn't just a recruit, he's another piece that matches the upside of Freeman, Sanders etc....it would be hard to justify ignoring RU trending in the right direction OR to raise expectations that RU can potentially recruit 2 or 3 high level pieces per class, vs. it being just once in a while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT