ADVERTISEMENT

Kwe Parker video

RU-Choppin-Ohio

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2011
Just saw this on Twitter.

The first scene is a defensive play on an attempted lob pass......WOW. I don't think I have ever seen a player jump that high , that fast......WOW again.

Last edited:
Athletic skill is truly off the charts. Once he matches his athleticism with his fundamentals this year, you have a true player. He is on his way to that level. Jumper, three, court awareness.

He would probably be better sticking to point. What will happen, I don't know.

Athletic skill is truly off the charts. Once he matches his athleticism with his fundamentals this year, you have a true player. He is on his way to that level. Jumper, three, court awareness.

He would probably be better sticking to point. What will happen, I don't know.

Higgs....in all your time watching video, have you ever seen a 6'2 guard make that kind of block on a play like that? His head was at the rim. Just imagine if he grows an inch or two to be 6'3 or 6'4.

I'll give up a pinkie to get this guy committed and signed.....lol

Higgs....in all your time watching video, have you ever seen a 6'2 guard make that kind of block on a play like that? His head was at the rim. Just imagine if he grows an inch or two to be 6'3 or 6'4.

I'll give up a pinkie to get this guy committed and signed.....lol

I don't watch a ton of recruiting videos, just tid bits of guys we're after. That truly was an outstanding play. He could have ate breakfast off the rim if he wanted to. That is a block that you expect a pf/center to make.

Our guard depth is looking like a strength. I am excited for Nigel Johnson. I think he is the next coming of Myles Mack.

Curious as to why no significant ACC offers with this kid.

Had the dunkers reputation. Skill set isn't as defined as some would like. Definitely has a working jumper/three. Not polished yet. Very athletic, could be injury concern. I don't know about his academics.Also, has spent time at shooting guard at 6 2. Hasn't transitioned to point-could be deemed undersized.

We all know we have to take the risk. I think he'd play out well.

OK

Coaches even at that level aren't infallible------witness this years NBA MVP who all the ACC passed on.

But it's unusual that an athletic kid who has a legit 3 stroke gets passed on.

He is a great player and would be an addition to this team. I don't think you could call his perimeter shot legit yet. If he was this and a shooter, he would be going to duke.

" He is a great player "

How do you know that ? Have you ever seen him play other than some 3 minute Youtube video ?

I've been watching HS basketball for over 50 years and I need to see a kid play 2-3 times in a full game before I annoint him as a " great player ".

No I don't root for Seton Hall .

" He is a great player "

How do you know that ? Have you ever seen him play other than some 3 minute Youtube video ?

I've been watching HS basketball for over 50 years and I need to see a kid play 2-3 times in a full game before I annoint him as a " great player ".

No I don't root for Seton Hall .

Looked at stats for his hs. He is a great hs player. I can't tell the future. I am not sure what that would translate to here. I know as a freshman he played varsity and scored 11 points a game. Florida doesn't go after a player that is just good. Being a great hs player doesn't mean you'll even be a half decent college player.

“In college, everyone’s athletic,” Parker said. “I’ve got crazy bounce, but that’s not gonna get me anywhere in college. I feel like with all this attention I’m getting for dunking it’s making college coaches think that’s all I can do and that’s not true. There are a lot of great athletes in college; I want to be a great player.”

This past year, 14 points a game.Year before that Trinity Christian was a state runner-up in the NCISAA's 1-A classification during Parker's freshman season, and the Crusaders won the state title in 2014, when Parker averaged 11.5 points, 3.7 rebounds and 3.1 assists.

Not a bad high school prospect.

Hey, it's fine with me. Do you think I want K or Roy sniffing around this kid?

Exactly. Especially how they were going after his team mate, Giles heavily. Maybe it's a good thing his team mate is going elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT