ADVERTISEMENT

Lack of athleticism on bench

Fox has also played a lot of games, played at lower level. Purdue game they talked how much he has played.

The announcers kept talking about Gavin's height advantage and how he should use that down low vs. his man.

Reactions: seneca ave
Gavin is actually quite athletic, but He just is not physically ready. Way too skinny and weak, and has no confidence after Such a disappointing season
I am tired of hearing he's weak. He's no weaker than the other guards we have running around out there by and large. Problem is he's rather slow and uncoordinated, seems unsure of himself, and most importantly can't put ball in hoop.

Gavin needs to get off the 3 pt line and make things happen other ways

The announcers kept talking about Gavin's height advantage and how he should use that down low vs. his man.
In hindsight, Gavin is full year away and honestly, we may soon need to start talking about him being someone not to count on next year.

The S&C staff needs to work overtime.

I would presume that Gavin Griffiths has no idea how to "use his height advantage." Has he ever posted up at any level of basketball in his lifetime?

Our bench is just terribly unathletic. Wolfolk, Gavin, Oskar are just terrible athletes. Minnesota’s big men like Garcia, Payne and even Fox made a ton of plays.
Fox didn't score. The only play I remember is him trying to score against Cliff under the basket and getting easily blocked by Cliff

Fox didn't score. The only play I remember is him trying to score against Cliff under the basket and getting easily blocked by Cliff
I never said he scored but he made some nice defensive plays. Wolfolk was embarrassing bad at rebounding and defending

I would presume that Gavin Griffiths has no idea how to "use his height advantage." Has he ever posted up at any level of basketball in his lifetime?
I would think that at lower levels of basketball he had a significant height advantage over anyone guarding him. Taking him down low would seem a reasonable option.
Do the "experts" that rate these high school guys just give out high rankings to players that mostly shoot threes ?

I saw Griffiths post up while playing a high school game at the RAC.Its the level of competition that matters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT