ADVERTISEMENT

Lax Fans....RU - OSU on ESPNU Now

knightfan7

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2003
Manasquan, NJ
Sorry , it's on ESPNU. Didn't realize when I was checking channels.

RU up on #11 OSU 11-4 at halftime.

Last edited:
Bump, just noticed this was on myself. Now 13-4. Two OSU players just collided with one, in the words of the announcer, "dropping like a sack of dirt". Wish the field lines were easier to see on tv over the football field markings. Would be nice if games were at Yurcak...

Wheres that tOSU blogger from the other day now? Haha...

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Also stumbled onto this game. Know nothing about Lacrosse, but you have to wonder how we can be so dominant over a top team when we have such a poor record. Go RU!

Bump, just noticed this was on myself. Now 13-4. Two OSU players just collided with one, in the words of the announcer, "dropping like a sack of dirt". Wish the field lines were easier to see on tv over the football field markings. Would be nice if games were at Yurcak...

Wheres that tOSU blogger from the other day now? Haha...
RU up 14 - 6 over the ranked Buckeyes.

After the choke job we had against Maryland, it's nice to finish the season on a winning note. Still a pretty terrible first year in the B1G - hopefully Brecht can continue to bring in talent in next years recruiting cycle.

EDIT: I don't want anyone to take this as an overly negative post. Lax was in nearly every game this season against some pretty good competition (Stony Brook, UVA, Johns Hopkins) but we need to close out the tight ones. Here's to next year.

Last edited:
That game was awesome!

They said that Rutgers had 14 seniors leave last year which would explain the big drop off this year in wins. However, they kept it close with Maryland and JHU and beat OSU.

Next year looks very bright.

Glad to see them close one out for a change as Sir Scarlet posed this question on the Lax Board "I don't know enough about the game to know if it is poor overall defending...or poor individual skills of our keepers...but it just seems that our opponents don't have to work too hard to score on us" to which I responded
"I think it is more poor defending leaving people free with open shots in scoring range, players not sliding quick enough to get to that open man to disrupt or stop his shot. I don't think any goalie at this level can stop a point blank shot which has happened often. The last few games this has improved. The goalie play has been suspect all year and also has improved.

Also answering a question on the broadcast team saying RU was a young team responded with
There are only 9 seniors on this years roster, from what I have seen only 3 of them are starters Gross & Nardella on Midfield and Caperella on D. There are 12 Juniors, 11 Sophs and 13 freshman on this years roster. So think it bodes well for the future, just need to keep recruiting the best players they can for their needs.Also like football and all other sports have to try to keep the states best players to come which being in the BIG will help hopefully.
Things look good for the future IMO

We have gone up on foes 4x this year and faded at the end, losing to Princeton, Hopkins, Penn State and Maryland in that fashion. We also lost to Monmouth and Army by 1 and 2 goals respectively.

This team has kept it close but couldnt finish.

Freshman Henningburg had been an absolute stud this season and Bieda has been amazing. Nardella...Trasolini...Goss.....We have some serious talent on this team.

Glad to see them close one out for a change as Sir Scarlet posed this question on the Lax Board "I don't know enough about the game to know if it is poor overall defending...or poor individual skills of our keepers...but it just seems that our opponents don't have to work too hard to score on us" to which I responded
"I think it is more poor defending leaving people free with open shots in scoring range, players not sliding quick enough to get to that open man to disrupt or stop his shot. I don't think any goalie at this level can stop a point blank shot which has happened often. The last few games this has improved. The goalie play has been suspect all year and also has improved.

Also answering a question on the broadcast team saying RU was a young team responded with
There are only 9 seniors on this years roster, from what I have seen only 3 of them are starters Gross & Nardella on Midfield and Caperella on D. There are 12 Juniors, 11 Sophs and 13 freshman on this years roster. So think it bodes well for the future, just need to keep recruiting the best players they can for their needs.Also like football and all other sports have to try to keep the states best players to come which being in the BIG will help hopefully.
Things look good for the future IMO

Do you know, I went looking for this post, because I didn't remember ever having said that, only to find out you were weren't talking about me? Ooops. How'd the crowd look? I was on the College Ave Campus for Rutgers Day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT