ADVERTISEMENT

Lee Corso Indiana Over RU Prediction

college gameday sport GIF

Frank Burns once told a story about when Rutgers decided to upgrade the schedule from playing Lehigh, Lafayette, etc, Frank wanted to start out with mid level teams from major conferences rather than jump right in with playing the Penn States and Alabamas. Indiana was one team he wanted to play. He called Corso and the answer he got was, "hell no, I won't play you. You'll beat us and they'll run me out of town"

Didn't that famous Alabama coach say something like, "I will be happy to get out of NJ" after the near miss of RU making football history? I still think they fumbled the ball back to us.

Didn't that famous Alabama coach say something like, "I will be happy to get out of NJ" after the near miss of RU making football history? I still think they fumbled the ball back to us.
Saw a story somewhere about that game and the old Garden State Bowl (which ran for 2 years).

Former Jets owner and Rutgers own Sonny Werblin was responsible for both. He called in a favor with Bear Bryant... probably put up the money to have Bama come north.

His prediction (and his IU underrated/RU overrated comment) is reason #642 why Pollack should be back doing Gameday and Corso should be retired.

Watched about an hour of College Gameday yesterday - just unwatchable. A constant barrage of slapstick schtick - annoying as hell - no wander their ratings have tanked.

Who cares what he thinks? First of all, he's 112 years old and recovering from a stroke. Second of all, it's entertainment. He puts on big hats and giant heads. He's probably wrong a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT