ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling LIVE MATCH THREAD -- Rutgers vs. CSU-Bakersfield

It’s a down year ...I get it ....but damn you guys are brutal on these kids ..you call it constructive criticism ...we won the damn match and handily as far as score goes ...Firestone bumps up ...takes the kid down at will but loses match basically because of coach decision to go down but the kid gets ripped anyway ...the freshman wrestled hard ...operative word freshman ...BJ wins close one but wins ..gets ripped ..Sammy made bad decision but didn’t give up at all tho down 6-0 ...gets ripped anyway ....way to show your support for our young team guys ...

What ^^ said.

My ESPN+ Stream was fine. I did cancel subscription because the only thing i watch online is wrestling. I didn't think announcers were that bad. I don
t expect them to know as much about our team as we do.

You would think they would do a little research and know the starting lineups thou.

It’s a down year ...I get it ....but damn you guys are brutal on these kids ..you call it constructive criticism ...we won the damn match and handily as far as score goes ...Firestone bumps up ...takes the kid down at will but loses match basically because of coach decision to go down but the kid gets ripped anyway ...the freshman wrestled hard ...operative word freshman ...BJ wins close one but wins ..gets ripped ..Sammy made bad decision but didn’t give up at all tho down 6-0 ...gets ripped anyway ....way to show your support for our young team guys ...

Stop white knighting for everyone. It's a message board and people are live posting during a match. No one is perfect out there and we are all emotionally invested. Look at any live thread during any game for any sport, it's no different. Of course there are over reactions but thats what being a fan is all about. We all want the best for the program so expectations are high.

Last edited:
Mine. ESPN3, was fine too, thought the video stream announcers were very good as well.

Thought last night vs Fresno St was awful with the white glare on the mat from the overhead lights, and the very low camera angle

Mine. ESPN3, was fine too, thought the video stream announcers were very good as well.

Thought last night vs Fresno St was awful with the white glare on the mat from the overhead lights, and the very low camera angle

Feed was fine tonight but the production was awful. No clock? Come on.

Stop white knighting for everyone. It's a message board and people are live posting during a match. No one is perfect out there and we are all emotionally invested. Look at any live thread during any game for any sport, it's no different. Of course there are over reactions but what being a fan is about. We all want the best for the program so expectations are high.

Yes, but I feel the criticism on some of the younger guys can be tough. This is a young raw team that is learning in the fly. They will all improve over the months. Stupid mistakes by Sammy today. He will learn and come back stronger. Not worried about Janzer. He’s getting wins and not making poor mistakes. Hoping he opens things up soon.

Yes, but I feel the criticism on some of the younger guys can be tough. This is a young raw team that is learning in the fly. They will all improve over the months. Stupid mistakes by Sammy today. He will learn and come back stronger. Not worried about Janzer. He’s getting wins and not making poor mistakes. Hoping he opens things up soon.

That's certainly fair, but again it's a live thread on a message board...if no one's posting immediate reactions, these threads are basically dead. If we can't handle a little overreacting from emotionally and financially invested fans, then we should shut down the board because you will drive everyone away.

We need more contributors and less police here.

That's certainly fair, but again it's a live thread on a message board...if no one's posting immediate reactions, these threads are basically dead. If we can't handle a little overreacting from emotionally and financially invested fans, then we should shut down the board because you will drive everyone away.

We need more contributors and less police here.
It doesn’t take a cop to see your posts ripping kids right after the other ....I guess being financially invested as you say gives you the rite to do that ... thankfully the team came back after slow start by couple of youngsters and proved your criticizing is just you being you ..GA and Willie doing what Willie does bailed us out for sure ....you wanna call me a cop ...be my guest ...maybe ripping kids constantly gives your life meaning who knows ..it’s a long season and the team is young ..very young ...I’m sure you’ll keep doin what you do so have at it if that makes your life meaningful

It doesn’t take a cop to see your posts ripping kids right after the other ....I guess being financially invested as you say gives you the rite to do that ... thankfully the team came back after slow start by couple of youngsters and proved your criticizing is just you being you ..GA and Willie doing what Willie does bailed us out for sure ....you wanna call me a cop ...be my guest ...maybe ripping kids constantly gives your life meaning who knows ..it’s a long season and the team is young ..very young ...I’m sure you’ll keep doin what you do so have at it if that makes your life meaningful

Just stop, you are embarrassing yourself. Nothing posted was half as bad as you are making it out to be. It's funny that's it's always YOU that has a problem with so many people. Seems to me there is a very common denominator here...

Reactions: Rutgers56
Just stop, you are embarrassing yourself. Nothing posted was half as bad as you are making it out to be. It's funny that's it's always YOU that has a problem with so many people. Seems to me there is a very common denominator here...
You are the embarrassment my friend ..you call it being a fan ....I call it being a constant downer ..it’s one thing to say a change in lineup should be made after a number of matches but hell you threw the team under the bus after two matches tonite...and hate to see your opinions once B10 matches start

Reactions: elvis7 and Racpack
Another low scoring, grind it out win for Janzer. He's winning so I'll take it but I was definitely expecting more offense from him. Not sure if he will be able to do this in the B1G.
The more I wacth Janzer the more he reminds me of Bakuckas.

The more I wacth Janzer the more he reminds me of Bakuckas.

I get why you feel that way but I disagree. Phil didn’t have Janzer’s movement. This is not a cut on him, but I already see more explosive tendencies from Janzer. He’s just getting started. My gut tells me he starts to open up as he gets comfortable.

I get why you feel that way but I disagree. Phil didn’t have Janzer’s movement. This is not a cut on him, but I already see more explosive tendencies from Janzer. He’s just getting started. My gut tells me he starts to open up as he gets comfortable.
Perhaps. It's still very early in Janzer's career, so it's a very small sample size. I just see a lot of similarities. Stylistically.

Perhaps. It's still very early in Janzer's career, so it's a very small sample size. I just see a lot of similarities. Stylistically.

Phil was stiffer. Janzer has good movement, is more athletic on his feet and can light it up in a flash... just not seeing it right now. He’s wrestling smart and getting wins. Anyway, we shall see.

Reactions: scottsdaleal
I think part of the problem was key starters were out and the team down 12-7. Like we underestimated the opponent and was at risk for a WTF loss.

Phil was stiffer. Janzer has good movement, is more athletic on his feet and can light it up in a flash... just not seeing it right now. He’s wrestling smart and getting wins. Anyway, we shall see.

Absolutely. Young guys are coming in and not used to losing matches - all they are focused on is getting the W. Over time they learn that wrestling well is just as important as the W and you will see a different wrestler.

I wouldn’t judge a freshman until about 10 matches in

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT