ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE THREAD/PREVIEW: Rutgers Hoops versus Wisconsin

Not Geos fault at all. Pike continues to waste time outs we had 2 TO with under 2 mins left he always uses his too early and always after RU makes where our defense is already set
I guess. We have plenty of time there, not sure why we would really need a timeout. Just a bad possession.
Did you see Harper's reaction ..he was just outside the line a lot closer and wanted the shot. Stood there, looked at Geo and shook his head .
I didn’t, but by the time Geo gets the ball there I don’t think it’s bad to jack up the shot and I can’t really blame him for not seeing Harper if he was more open.

Reactions: RU MAN and shields
Why was Paul and Caleb driving when we know we need a 3 to tie?
Because when you do that, you kick it out to our 3 point shooters. They were okay in what they did. We just didn't knock down the shots. And I don't blame Geo. I blame the missed FT's we had especially the 1 and 1's.

I guess. We have plenty of time there, not sure why we would really need a timeout. Just a bad possession.

I didn’t, but by the time Geo gets the ball there I don’t think it’s bad to jack up the shot and I can’t really blame him for not seeing Harper if he was more open.
I think you nailed it - we had plenty of time with a senior lead team with tons of experience and they weren’t able to get into anything and ended in a broken play.

Recurring theme has now spread to home games
Yes, although today was a bit different. I thought we were actually playing pretty well at the beginning of the game and just missing shots. Then started to play badly in the “2nd quarter”. And then just couldn’t climb out of the hole. Wisconsin is a good team and there just isn’t that much room for error.

Reactions: Scangg and Mr Magoo
Yes, although today was a bit different. I thought we were actually playing pretty well at the beginning of the game and just missing shots. Then started to play badly in the “2nd quarter”. And then just couldn’t climb out of the hole. Wisconsin is a good team and there just isn’t that much room for error.
..yes, Wisconsin makes a lot less mistakes than other teams…and then they milk each possession to the end which makes each possession more value and even a small lead difficult to overcome.

45% to 24% in three point shooting.

Like mentioned turnovers and missed front ends hurt badly. But 4 of 17 from three is a backbreaker when they make 9.

Not too mad to be honest. Too many wtf moments from Geo and Paul, although at least the former turned it up second half.

Wisconsin missed a ton of 3s (Davison was ice cold if I remember right) and foul shots when we played at their place and it seemed to flip tonight. Really impressed with them to be honest.

The boards talk about Pikes lack of offense a lot. But if we had one two shooters I think we wouldn’t event mention it. I hate seeing teams get the same 10-15ft looks and knock them down but we can’t do that consistently.
Shooting is a skill set that most players have before they play in college.

2 key plays, Davison flop of Miller on the assist to Ron bucket disallowed and Miller held Chucky scoreless in the second half, they bring Paul back in and Geo guards Chucky and he hits his only basket, a 3, with Miller off the floor.

Way too much one on one all game long with only 6 assists, didn't v turn the ball over as much in the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT