ADVERTISEMENT

***Logan Lister to Transfer***

I wonder if this means Griffin and/or Folkerts have gone ahead of him on the depth chart this summer.

I get the feeling we are going to have a lot of problems with depth in many positions.
Never want to see a player tranfer out of the program. Lister was moved from TE to OL in the spring. I don't think RU will have an OL depth issue this year. Not sure about a TE depth issue??

It's not "good" to be down a scholarship player a week before camp even starts. The spin is laughable.

Your blanket comment is just as laughable. If the scholarship player who left is one that has already been moved to another position, and has no chance of seeing the field, its neither good nor bad, its irrelevant. The only takeaway is the positive that it gives us another chance to sign a 2016 who has a chance at contributing.

Its a completely natural part of the process. 50% of kids you recruit are never going to contribute. There is a reason the scholarship limit is 85, and many teams significantly exceed that number with their recruiting.

I get the feeling we are going to have a lot of problems with depth in many positions.

Losing 1 scholarship player translates to depth issues at many positions?

Beyond that, losing a TE converting to OT who will not have bulked up enough to see the field in 2015 creates depth issues?

Reading past quotes from him he made it pretty clear he wanted to play TE and not OL in college. One reason he picked RU over other schools was that he was recruited to play TE.

not good, why was he moved in the first place? thought he had potential at TE

thought he had potential at TE

What made you think that? He wanted to play TE, he wasn't good enough to play TE, they moved him to OL to try to find a spot for him and now he will transfer to a smaller school to get a chance to play TE. Happens all the time around the country. College Football is a lot harder than High School football.

This should not be a surprise to anyone. This scholarship offer was one that had me scratching my head. You don't give a TE scholarship to a player that plays OL in HS his senior year. He was too slow to ever be a contributor in the passing game and he had poor hands. He was too small to play B1G OL.

This is no spin, these are the facts. Bad move by the coaching staff 2 years ago.

Have to think he was pretty much informed of the situation in front of him and he made the choice that is best for him. I totally agree with the comment above about many of these transfers being irrelevant. If he felt he was going to see the field, my guess is that this doesn't happen.

This should not be a surprise to anyone. This scholarship offer was one that had me scratching my head. You don't give a TE scholarship to a player that plays OL in HS his senior year. He was too slow to ever be a contributor in the passing game and he had poor hands. He was too small to play B1G OL.

This is no spin, these are the facts. Bad move by the coaching staff 2 years ago.

Not a bad move. He was a TE his prior years and a good one. He moved to the line in order to help his HS team out senior year. His move there was nothing about his ability but more about his willingness to help his team out.

Reactions: dnmuller
A school should take a hit on scholarship for at least one year when a player transfers. If not, then they should not call this a scholarship since he is not leaving for an academic program that Rutgers does not offer. This is why CFB is a total joke.

A school should take a hit on scholarship for at least one year when a player transfers. If not, then they should not call this a scholarship since he is not leaving for an academic program that Rutgers does not offer. This is why CFB is a total joke.

Kids leave for a variety of reasons. I don't see how you can say that's the schools fault or punish their program. You can't hold a gun to their head.

great idea.

Team hires new offensive coordinator
offensive coordinator changes offense
current players don't fit the offense and 10 players transfer
team now has 10 less scholarship players on the roster
"hey potential commit, we'd like to recruit you, but we don't have any open spots, since someone on the team went elsewhere"

How is any team going to field a full roster? beg the kids not to transfer?

Non issue, kid was moved from original position and probably didn't feel comfortable with his new role
and the need to put on the pounds to play at that position.
Even though Logan played OT his HS senior year, doesn't mean he was looking forward to moving back to that position in.College.
As for fepth being hit, TE depth was hit when Lister was moved and OL depth ( in my opinion) won't be harmed that much this year because between learning to play OL the way Flood and Browning wants while adding the weight to handle it, Logan probable would not be on the field this season unless the bench was emptied because of the game was a blowout ( win or loss) and bench was emptied.
Special teams might have been the only way Lister saw the field this season.
I wish him well and besides finding a place to be a starter at the position he wants to play, I hope he earns his degree , wherever he winds up.

Reactions: Rokodesh
ADVERTISEMENT